Quoting: Gronk
Ill take it is a perhaps

Lame
Gronk liked this.
May 13 at 2:16
Calgary GM v3
Quoting: Icegirl
I will say this, though:

1. The leaders being overly restrictive was one of the reasons why v2 ended back in the day...
2. You were so desperate for viable GMs that you brought back a guy who calls women c*nts and has no shame in it. Granted, my own viability is up for debate at this point in time, but you've got a vacancy either way.

I do apologize if this rubs anyone the wrong way, and I mean that sincerely. I just need to get this off my chest too.

We brought back GMs who aren't newbies and wouldn't destroy their teams in the first 3 trades. We made the right decision. It is up to you or whoever this may concern, to just grow up and 1. Don't speak to that GM(s), or 2. Just totally ignore it. Obviously there are certain people in this game that just cant grow up or act mature and they take things further than they ever should have gotten, and that's why we have these situations. Like I can tell you right now. I have no clue if Dan or L9 are still in school or not, but for myself and Dylan (G), it's a pain in the ass to deal with all this extra bs that shouldn't be here. Like we both made commitments to the game and the BOG, and yet all we get is more problems brought up which shouldn't have started.

Quoting: Daryl
What my double is saying...

Don't get offended when some petty Twitter user living on the other side of North America calls you names. All this drama is 100% avoidable if more people were willing to take the high road and just move on. Let's all stop getting offended when internet strangers hurt our feelings and just work on enjoying this fun game.

And this is a perfect example of why and how cyber bullying exists in today's world.
The attitude of "just ignore it", "look the other way", "don't be offended".
WORDS HURT. They may not be directed AT you, but that doesn't mean they don't have a negative impact to another person.
To just push it aside and direct blame on the person those words were directed at, is wrong.
Sorry, but maybe one day you high school kids will understand this.
I wish there was some kind of time capsule we could put all of this in, and when you kids grow up and have families of your own when little Johnny/Jane comes home crying because someone at school or work berated them with name calling, or worse, I hope you can look your own child in the eye and tell them they should just ignore it and not talk to that person or "don't be offended".
Max and Turner33 liked this.
May 13 at 2:53
we can.. and we will
Quoting: flamesfan419
And this is a perfect example of why and how cyber bullying exists in today's world.
The attitude of "just ignore it", "look the other way", "don't be offended".
WORDS HURT. They may not be directed AT you, but that doesn't mean they don't have a negative impact to another person.
To just push it aside and direct blame on the person those words were directed at, is wrong.
Sorry, but maybe one day you high school kids will understand this.
I wish there was some kind of time capsule we could put all of this in, and when you kids grow up and have families of your own when little Johnny/Jane comes home crying because someone at school or work berated them with name calling, or worse, I hope you can look your own child in the eye and tell them they should just ignore it and not talk to that person or "don't be offended".

Going to have to disagree. Targeted cyber bullying is one thing when someone specifically attacks an individual for no real reason. But a lot of people in this game chose to engage with the idiots and in turn they get hurt for it.

I just play this game for fun, I negotiate, trade, and enjoy this game, and funny enough not a single person has attacked me or said anything to me to hurt me. Why is that? Because I chose to stay away from the majority of the garbage people throw around at each other. This drama is a cancer to this game, and it takes both sides to grow up if we're going to move on.

I'm not taking blame off the select group of people that are responsible for starting some of this, but the reality is we can't stop them from doing that. All we can do is be the bigger person, move on, and the game will be better off for it.
Gronk, Bo53Horvat and HallforHart liked this.
May 13 at 2:54
In light of recent events, and to propose a solution to this ongoing debacle in this thread, I just wanted to make one post. I understand what Brett is trying to get at:

Quoting: Brett

I don’t post on this site often anymore, but I felt the subject matter was important and relevant to all of us, myself especially. Our choice of words and the way we conduct ourselves is essential to how everyone else feels around us. For those who are on Twitter, there’s a lot of unnecessary babbling that goes on in there that, while isn’t harmful, is just a grand waste of time. We could be doing so much more with our lives. Granted, saying that while participating in a pretend-to-be-a-GM Game isn’t necessarily something you’d expect, but it’s still possible to have a fun time and be less active/involved in miscellaneous affairs; or I should say, cutting short of the “nonsense”.

Going back to Brett’s point, I think it’s safe to say that a lot of us, myself being one of them, need a reminder that most of us are mature people and don’t need to act or conduct in a manner that doesn’t speak to our maturity levels. And in all honesty, everyone in this game, forum, and in all of society needs to keep finding ways to improve how we talk and what words we use to make sure those words are always respected.

I encourage all of you to take on the challenge that I’ve embraced upon myself, and I’ll paraphrase it for the sake of simplicity: be careful of what you say, choose your words wisely, and be a better person. While this is just a game, and most of us are just friends, what we say and how we act ends up mixing into our lives and translating into a behaviour that, while Buddy Joe, pretend GM of Anaheim may tolerate, that person will not.

Let’s all be better with our words and actions, since it’s never too late to re-start. No matter what has happened in the past, I have respect for all of you and hope that we can move forward and have some fun negotiating and participating in the game - and yes, it’s only a game, never forget. Last note: DirtyDangles, whenever you do return to the GM Game, I look forward to and anticipate your return. Welcome back.

Long live the GM Game. Cheers
Daryl, l9guysports, TabooPenguo and 8 others liked this.
May 13 at 3:24
Calgary GM v3
Quoting: Daryl
Going to have to disagree. Targeted cyber bullying is one thing when someone specifically attacks an individual for no real reason. But a lot of people in this game chose to engage with the idiots and in turn they get hurt for it.

You have every right to disagree, and I respect that.
But I never said one side over the other was 100% to blame for what happened.
The main point is even when situations such as this don't directly affect someone, to sit back and say "ignore it" or "don't get offended" is where things like this escalate.
Instead of overlooking it, or asking for it to be overlooked is the wrong approach. WE as a group need to look after each other, even in this game.
I guess having grown up in an overly abusive family and childhood, this is a little sensitive for me.
Like you, I've tried to be respectful of everyone in the game. Yes, we've disagreed or had argument but I've never let it dissolve to name calling.
And even if they won't ever admit it, there are people in this game who have gone through tough times in real life and whether it helps or not, I've tried to make a point of reaching out if for no other reason than to be a sounding board for them if they need/want it. Trust me kids, I know you can't always talk to parents etc when life craps on you. So sometimes it is just nice to know someone will listen without trying to tell you what to do.

Last point...it takes far more energy to "hate" than it does to "support" each other.
2 people can disagree without having to pound their internet chests and cut someone down.

Now, let's go out there and be the example, not the cause.
May 13 at 3:42
we can.. and we will
Quoting: flamesfan419
You have every right to disagree, and I respect that.
But I never said one side over the other was 100% to blame for what happened.
The main point is even when situations such as this don't directly affect someone, to sit back and say "ignore it" or "don't get offended" is where things like this escalate.
Instead of overlooking it, or asking for it to be overlooked is the wrong approach. WE as a group need to look after each other, even in this game.
I guess having grown up in an overly abusive family and childhood, this is a little sensitive for me.
Like you, I've tried to be respectful of everyone in the game. Yes, we've disagreed or had argument but I've never let it dissolve to name calling.
And even if they won't ever admit it, there are people in this game who have gone through tough times in real life and whether it helps or not, I've tried to make a point of reaching out if for no other reason than to be a sounding board for them if they need/want it. Trust me kids, I know you can't always talk to parents etc when life craps on you. So sometimes it is just nice to know someone will listen without trying to tell you what to do.

Last point...it takes far more energy to "hate" than it does to "support" each other.
2 people can disagree without having to pound their internet chests and cut someone down.

Now, let's go out there and be the example, not the cause.

I 100% agree with everything you just said. You never "ignore it" in the real world where issues are bigger and much more harmful to individuals. My point, is that for the sake of our irrelevant online hockey game that will come and go and soon enough be totally forgotten, the fight just isn't worth it. People are braver behind their screens as I've seen first hand many times on Twitter, but fighting back doesn't stop them, it only adds to their platform which is feeding into the very thing they want. Online trolls need attention to survive, and when we take that attention away they just look stupid and the game is better off in the long run. Firing people like this is for sure something I'd support, but we just don't have the GM supply to do so, and therefore we must work with what we have. Again, I agree with you and I apologize for potentially being to vague in my initial response, but I just see the bullying in the virtual world and the real world as two different diseases with two very different solutions.

But if there's one thing we can agree on, it is that people need to remember that there is still someone on the other end of the screen that you're hurting. All of us need to keep this in mind moving forward in this game.
flamesfan419, Gronk, HallforHart and 1 other person liked this.
May 13 at 4:15
Oui non grille-pain
@jmac490 I missed it by about an hour. Can you give me a way to stay in touch?
May 13 at 4:23
Thanks for having me back guys! You can find my team in the AGM Forum until it gets moved
Bo53Horvat, ricochetii, HallforHart and 4 others liked this.
May 13 at 4:41
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Thanks for having me back guys! You can find my team in the AGM Forum until it gets moved

@realGhostBear on Twitter. DM me when you can
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 13 at 5:51
Calgary GM v3
Quoting: DirtyDangles

Welcome aboard. I'm Calgary GM
@flamesfan419gm = Twitter
May 13 at 6:21
Let'sGoBlues | WPGv4
Winnipeg Jets President of Hockey Operations @A_K announced today that Gordon Bombay has been named the club's new Assistant Coach. Bombay most recently served as Head Coach of Team USA for the Junior Goodwill Games. He began his coaching career as the Head Coach of Minneapolis District 5 "Mighty Ducks" Peewee Hockey Club. "A quarter of an inch the other way, and we would've completely missed this opportunity to hire Gordon" said A_K.
Winnipeg Jets
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 13 at 7:35
Oui non grille-pain
Carolina Hurricanes
I'm going to take my talents to Raleigh and join the Carolina Hurricanes as an AGM.

Either way, this week might be the final time that I'm on CF every day, as my job begins on Monday.
Gronk and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 13 at 7:39
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: Icegirl
Carolina Hurricanes
I'm going to take my talents to Raleigh and join the Carolina Hurricanes as an AGM.

Either way, this week might be the final time that I'm on CF every day, as my job begins on Monday.

It is monday
Max, rangersandislesfan, Icegirl and 1 other person liked this.
May 13 at 8:05
rangersandislesfan
It is monday

I think she means next Monday
Icegirl and HallforHart liked this.
May 13 at 8:14
I'm the Captain now
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I think she means next Monday

Thanks Sherlock RAIF
HallforHart liked this.
May 14 at 1:51
Quoting: jmac490
This may also come to the surprise of many and may even be deemed rash.

I am leaving the GM Game effective immediately. I will also be deactivating Twitter in the early afternoon on May 13th.

If youd still like to connect me by other means, please let me know beforehand so that we can be in contact.

- Jmac

Jmac, hit me up whenever you see this. Make a burner account whatever it takes. Would still like to keep in touch. Hope all is well!
Mr_cap, HallforHart, Gronk and 3 others liked this.
May 14 at 10:18
we can.. and we will
New Jersey Devils

Looking for places to dump Greene, Zajac, and Schneider. Let me know if you'd be interested in taking any of their contracts as cap dumps (I have lots of picks).
May 14 at 10:18
Blues GM v4
St. Louis Blues

I’ll listen to Pietrangelo offers for a slight downgraded RHD. Not sure how long I’ll be listening so act fast
May 14 at 10:49
rangersandislesfan
San Jose Sharks

With out current cap situation where it is, the San Jose Sharks are making Evander Kane available for trade. However, this is partly a salary cap move, so i'm not wanting to take cap back. If you have a top-6 forward with a 3-4M cap hit or so, Kane could be packaged with Braun/Dillon. Also interested in 1st round picks. I could add or you might need to, depending on the deal.
May 14 at 10:50
rangersandislesfan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
San Jose Sharks

With out current cap situation where it is, the San Jose Sharks are making Evander Kane available for trade. However, this is partly a salary cap move, so i'm not wanting to take cap back. If you have a top-6 forward with a 3-4M cap hit or so, Kane could be packaged with Braun/Dillon. Also interested in 1st round picks. I could add or you might need to, depending on the deal.

Email for the game is rangersandislesfan@gmail.com
May 14 at 1:13
I am looking to upgrade my D and have several wingers and Eakin available to package with a D man...fire me some offers!
May 14 at 2:30
Tyler Paluzzi
Looking to move into Top 10! Also looking for impact players younger than 31 and Picks in rounds 1-3
May 14 at 2:33
@Pointerr21
Bowey otb
May 14 at 5:56
I'm the Captain now
New York Rangers @Bo53Horvat
Brock McGinn

Carolina Hurricanes @myself
2nd overall pick
Bo53Horvat liked this.
May 14 at 6:03