SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2019 NHL Mock Draft (2 weeks out) - Post combine, Post Krebs injury

2019 NHL Mock Draft (2 weeks out) - Post combine, Post Krebs injury

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: Aking4thepeople
Published: Jun. 12, 2019 at 8:54 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-They need to get Hall excited to stay and making a big move or going off the board here will do the exact opposite. Hall craves stability and success ..... both the most scarce resources in his NHL career
2Logo of the New York Rangers-He won't like this but the Rangers get Kakko here with open arms. Kakko no doubt put in his claim to be #1 overall but Hughes was carved in stone
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The defence pipeline is looking way to good not to grab your next Captain and reincarnation of Toews - They made a Dynasty with Toews-Kane-Hossa maybe they repeat with Turcotte-Debricant-Strom
4Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsColorado finds Makars teammate - Gives them ability to be in a more favourable position come expansion draft. The offence depth will be filled in more practical ways later in the draft and Free Agency.
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Exactly the player they built the 70's line with. Cozens may need more time than people are realizing but has sky high potential
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Yzerman specialty... patience - I see Yzerman preparing the cap balance for the Red Wings and try to remake what he did in Tampa. Zegras will become a extreamly talented player given the right development
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-**TRADE** BUFFALO TRADES - Pick #7 **Exchanged for** COLORADO TRADES - Pick #16, Pick #63 and Sign/Trade Varlamov Colorado get's the ofense set Jumping 8 spots to select the other big center in the draft Kirby Dach. Dach show's the exact player Colorado wants to anchor that 2nd line with size and skill
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Edmonton is on rebuild 1.5 since drafting Mcdavid - The new Front office wants to build that pipeline and create a firing squad on opposing teams nets - They take Caulfield here - though a bit small he can play huge. A year or two in the NCAA and Mcdavid can have his brand new rifle
9Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The band-aid is about to ripped right off the Ducks. Watching them play live this year was just sad... a bunch of old men too worried about losing the glory days than support the young. That changes with the next pick while buying them time to fully deconstruct to the point of a rebuild. Boldy is probably the best two way player in the draft and a year in the NCAA will go along way with a future 1-2 punch with him and Steel
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Canucks have loved this kid since the start of the year. With Bennings saying "The guy we have been looking at seems to be falling in our lap again". Broberg is your token Swedish D for the future - a great story on his rise to a top prospect I hope it turns out great at the next level
11Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-After trying to find a dance partner to trade with, The Flyers take the best player D man on the board still - Soderstorm - A very near NHL ready Defenseman the only separation between him and Broberg is potential ceiling. Trades can still happen for the Flyers but I think they will only move this pick for a true top 4 Dman already in the leagu. Great pick regardless
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I have no idea what the Wild are trying to accomplish, As my Rival team I personally don't mind it, I can see them gearing up the offence with this pick. Newhook is an excellent center who is going to Harvard just to remind me how much I suck at life. He's an incrideble kid I watched play in Victoria this year and wish him all the best.
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-The Panthers are getting hot for this offseason, It's like they just figured out they don't have a state income tax. The Panthers have the pieces for an amazing top 6 - It looks like they are aggressive to move this build along and fix the goaltending now - The defence will be the aim early in the draft for them. Selecting the high Riser Thomas Harley - A strong combine and end to the season the big boy on the blueline will anchor this team as Yandle ages in the future
14Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-This pick will be off the board and ruin my entire draft - because that's who Arizona is f*&$%ing tedious and why do we act like Chayka is going to out of no where have a dynasty?? I think they take their position of need again while building the forward group(still) - Arthur Kaliyev looks like their guy - Can play wing and center what the Coyotes like and has one of the best shots in the draft this year - skating is something not quite there yet
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Holes on both ends of the roster - The habs don't mind moving down the board to get the guy they want rather than best available, Bergevin get's is french Canadian and the fans excited. Lavoi is a big Center who can put the puck in the net - Watching him play I feel his game is a bit awkward? I'm not sure but development is needed before coming to the show. Could be a deep middle in the near future
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-**TRADE** BUFFALO TRADES - Pick #7 **Exchanged for** COLORADO TRADES - Pick #16, Pick #63 and Sign/Trade Varlamov Buffalo drops 8 spots in the draft filling the need in net for now and the future. Selecting Spencer Knight and acquiring a later pick - it's time for this team to finally be a team that can grow together without half the bottom 6 being switched out. The pipeline or prospects and the present look brighter than ever for the Sabers.
17Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-The first of my two Drops stops here - Vegas is a team that sells like an Experince and sell there players to the public like true Stars - The Russian market is something they don't mind investing in - A win now attitude has them turtling the cap - Taking Podkolzin here is great option- a spectacular player with hands like no other in the draft the Knights don't mind him developing in the KHL while they structure there cap for him when he's ready in 2-3 years. If that sounds long it's really not for these russian stars playing the KHL
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-The offence is young but having a turnover this offseason - the d-core is one of the best in the league for years to come - The Stars take Suzuki with a little reach in my opinion but I don't believe they need to rush any development especially if they re-sign Zucc.
19Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsOttawa has more holes than swiss cheese - the Best player available is who they are going for - Cam York will be scary good with Chabot in the near future
20Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
Lassi Thomson
The Rangers along with the Devils and Blackhawks swindled the league - They now take a future power play quarter back in Lassi Thomson who is a very similar Tyson Barrie
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-The Penguins continue to trigger the entire Eastern conference and select Thomasino to lock down that second line in the future - could be the start of a scary good future for the penguins
22Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAfter grabbing Cozens the Kings think to gamble on this pick - After a heartbreaking injury I wish Krebs a speedy and full recovery - if all works out the Kings just built a very solid foundation for a future top 6
23Logo of the New York Islanders-The Islanders have a great position with this pick - They captalize in solidifying the top 6 with Bobby Brink the ultra strong 2-way forward
24Logo of the Nashville Predators-Scoring is always the priority the Preds and lots of talent reamins on the board - Selecting a big boy in Afanasyev the Center could also switch to the wing making a scary threat for the powerplay
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-A good class that goes deep in the draft for talent - The capitals bring in a future piece of the defence with Matthew Robertson
26Logo of the Calgary Flames-Adding to the offence the Flames take the other Roberston in this draft - The Flames have great prospects all over and will take the small centre who hopefully reaches the top 6 in a couple years
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Tampa Bay is continuosly drafting off board and building the best pipeline and roster year after year - A cap crunch is upon us over the next few seasons so D project is on the table with Seider
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Hurricanes need to keep that offence growing they take a very good Pelletier another small player with big game - Should fit in nicely in year after devloping
29Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose SharksThe Ducks are up again and this time will search to helping the blue line - Bjornfot has shifted up and down boards but I think he's a solid player what can hold a blueline in the near future
30Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the St. Louis BluesAfter grabbing the goaltending early - The Sabers are looking to fill holes in the depth - Finding a future partner for Dahlin is very possible with this pick of a GIANT d - man in Alex Vlasic
31Logo of the Boston Bruins-The Bruins have a great future outlook and could pick a project here but I believe getting a center in POulin will go along way to keeping that top 6 so strong
Jun. 12, 2019 at 9:23 p.m.
good stuff. you did a great job explaining each pick. One thing is Newhook is actually committed to Boston College not Harvard. Three guys that I think are first rounders that youre missing are Nils Hoglander, Pavel Dorofeyev and Ville Heinola but who knows
Aking4thepeople liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll