SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

giving marner his coin

Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
You tell me, but that roster looks significantly worse than last year. That d core is atrocious defensively, even with Dermott back.
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:25 a.m.
Quoting: RangersLeadTheWay
You tell me, but that roster looks significantly worse than last year. That d core is atrocious defensively, even with Dermott back.

ya they're counting on a lot of cheap, entry level / league minimum contracts to hold their own! It will be interesting to see how their season turns out
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:41 a.m.
Just curious, what incentive do you think Montreal has to make that deal? Both 5-6 right handed defensemen on 1 year contracts, Ceci brings more offense, but also much worse in the defensive zone. As a 5-6 D, montreal is not overly concerned about the offense, but would want a defensively reliable player. So at the very least the over all on ice value of these 2 players are about equal. Now add in the difference of the contracts and Toronto will need to add something to complete this transaction.
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
if liljegren is barely cracking the lineup with no real 3rd pairing right side option, sandin wont be in top 4...
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: gmurrayt
Just curious, what incentive do you think Montreal has to make that deal? Both 5-6 right handed defensemen on 1 year contracts, Ceci brings more offense, but also much worse in the defensive zone. As a 5-6 D, montreal is not overly concerned about the offense, but would want a defensively reliable player. So at the very least the over all on ice value of these 2 players are about equal. Now add in the difference of the contracts and Toronto will need to add something to complete this transaction.

Alright, then leafs could toss in a pick too, or prospect
Jul. 12, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: AJM2466
if liljegren is barely cracking the lineup with no real 3rd pairing right side option, sandin wont be in top 4...

i disagree, I'll be honest I don't watch any Marlies puck, but based off their stats Sandin seems to be developing much faster than that of Liljegren
Jul. 12, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: justaloverofthegame
i disagree, I'll be honest I don't watch any Marlies puck, but based off their stats Sandin seems to be developing much faster than that of Liljegren

he's an exceptional player and developing faster, but I still doubt he makes the roster out of camp, let alone given top 4 minutes lol. liljegren very well could be that 3rd pair plug and play with borgman or marincin. one of the things theyve said time and time again is how they do not want to rush the guys their developing. they had a dynamite PP so yeah him and bracco have amazing stats, but bracco's 5v5 game is still questionable. just because he has great AHL point totals doesnt automatically make him a top 9 guy. stats arent everything especially when you have little context.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll