SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2004 redraft with desciptions

2004 redraft with desciptions

Draft Class: 2004
Created By: jimmerisagod
Published: Oct. 13, 2020 at 12:32 p.m.
Description
SOme teams won't change their pick because they don't want the butterfly effect to take place and are happy with what they got out of the pick
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Washington Capitals-Easy
2Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-No Brainer
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
Pekka Rinne (+255 )
Chicago's goaltending has been really good but Pekka RInne is great. He's also just too good rn
4Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsWheeler provides an exciting piece to the Huricanes who are really hitting their stride now. They did win a Cup with Ladd but he only had 5 points in the playoffs. Wheeler gives them a brighter future.
5Logo of the Phoenix Coyotes-
Mike Green (+24 )
Face it, the Coyotes suck. Krejci should be the pick, but I feel they'd be wasting him. It makes me sad because Krejci is the definition of a playoff player and it would be wasted on an awful team. So I decided to give them the player who I am still trying to convince myself is a good pick with Krejci still available and give them a player whose prime was really when the Coyotes were at their best-Mike Green. He was an elite offensive defenceman for a good number of years and had a really good career
6Logo of the New York Rangers-Playoff player matches with team who loses in the playoffs non-stop. Go David, win one for Hank- just not 2014 please.
7Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida gets their goalie if they're patient enough. Hopefully they can give him an actual team in front of him unlike another team that picked top 3 in 20114...
8Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Carolina HurricanesZajac feels like he's been around forever. Just like as long as I can remember, Travis Zajac has been on the New Jersey Devils. Columbus takes this longevity I guess
9Logo of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim-SO my problem with Ladd is that he's just a really okay player. I have him here to Anaheim because he's fallen far enough as the 5th leading scorer from this draft. He's been really solid for like his entire career but he's never been spectacular. Anyways, the Ducks take a guy who will probably end up as a key piece in their 2007 run
10Logo of the Atlanta Thrashers-Edler has been a staple on the Canucks blueline for over a decade. Atlanta wants some of that reliability for their disaster of a franchise and snags him at number 10
11Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA takes the guys with the most upside in the draft because they've had really strong goaltending and defencemen groups. They've shown they can draft and develop and those positions. They take a swing with this pick
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Goligoski has been really solid throughout his career and the Wild love themselves some solid players. He's probably the best player available at this point
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I'll go with one of the men that made me love watching Sabres highlights because of the way Rick Jeanerret yelled his name when they scored. "D-REWWWW STAFFRD". (the other two are Jason Pominville and Tim Connoly). I can't rob myself of that so Stafford goes back to Buffalo
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
Mark Streit (+248 )
Streit is the best player available and would help out immediately for the Oilers who were 2 years away from making the finals. P.S. Fun fact: Streit was 26 when he was drafted
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville got their franchise goalie taken away so they grab the next best one, who was pretty damn good for a good number of years
16Logo of the New York Islanders-Isles lose Streit. Get angry take next best Dman available
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-THis class is thinning up really quickly. A lot of okay players from here on out. Dubinsky was a 400 point scorer in 800 games, so he's a relatively safe pick as a middle sixer to St. Louis
18Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-His name sounds french and he's a pretty solid career bottom sixer. Habs take him
19Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Calgary FlamesRangers take their future captain and eventual trade piece for Marty St. Louis. I think they're happy with what Callahan has brought
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Dallas StarsSoderberg is a really solid player and late bloomer who still seems to have a bit left in the tank. i've kind of partially given up at this point because everyone left is just really "okay."
21Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
Troy Brouwer (+193 )
Brouwer's been around forever, I honestly don't know what team he's even on at this point. Hockeyreference says he's still active though and he's got over 800 games of NHL service so the Avs take him
22Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsSUPER ROBIDAS ISLAND MAN!! His prime corresponded with the Sharks' prime, they hope he clicks with the team and doesn't get injured and get put on the LTIR for the next 30 years, and helps them reach the promise lands
23Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Sens retake slovakian man because I don't see a reason for them not to
24Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Roman Polák (+156 )
The legendary Leafs pilon is the most decorated player left (by games) so calgary grabs him here
25Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersThey got Streit, give them a solid winger in Versteeg
26Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Out of pure spite for Chicago the Canucks take a man who won Chicago a cup in 2013. Does than mean Boston gets another Cup with no Bolland? No, they don't have Krejci anymore, remember? Even if they do, it's a small price to pay for salvation
27Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Boston BruinsGreiss has been a solid backup his entire career. This pick really doesn't fill a need but he's a decent player
28Logo of the Dallas StarsLogo of the San Jose SharksKorpikoski has had a lengthy NHL career with over 600 games and 200 pts. Stars grab him here
29Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Detroit Red WingsAfter one elite pick, the Capitals double down on haven giving up and take the great enforcer of his time in prust. Prust leads the class in PIMs despite playing only 486 games
30Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Backup goalie who's shown he can be a solid starter. Best player available. Can't leave him unselected

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll