SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

My guess

My guess

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Simuel
Published: Jul. 5, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I think the Habs surprise everyone and draft Cooley here. Although not as NHL ready as the other two, I think they'll believe Cooley can become the best, most dynamic forward of the three.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils take Slafkovsky here. Not impossible to see a swap between them and Arizona, with Arizona picking Wright 2nd and NJ getting Slaf 3rd (+ an asset). Devils have a great young C line. They'll be looking to add to their wings depth, and Slafkovsky with his size and skills would be a great complementary player to Hughes.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-No brainer for the Yotes, they pick Wright 3rd overall and secure a #1center for years to come.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-After drafting a forward early last year in Beniers, I believe Seattle will want to build their blueline and will be looking at Jiricek to fill that void.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-This guy has Flyers written all over him. Big, strong C that can impact the game. The exact kind of player an old school GM like Fletcher likes. Would fit right in with the Org. in terms of needs.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksColumbus has a chance to draft a great RHD in Nemec, and they take it. I think they'll believe they can get a forward with the 12th pick without sacrificing much quality. Nemec could develop to replace Jones or be a one-two punch alongside Boqvist.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Dorion said he wants a player that can help long-term, but who's also not gonna cost too much. I believe Geekie fits the mold and that they'd want him to develop the way Logan Brown was supposed to develop: A good middle-6 C that can play defense and tear up the opposition physically.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Nazar has 'Yzerman pick' written all over him. Underrated player by many, plays C (one of the most important position), can spend a year or two developing in a good program before having an immediate impact in the NHL... this one's more of a gut feeling.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo takes the Finnish winger here. Kemell fits the mold of what they're trying to build and would fit well with the forward group 2-3 years down the line.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks select the best goal-scorer in the Draft in the hopes he'll complement one of the best playmaker in the league in Trevor Zegras.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Sharks take a big gamble by drafting Miroshnichenko who's had medical issues recently, but if they hit with that pick, they'll hit a homerun. The Sharks are kinda in limbo right now, so that's a gamble they can afford to make while they are retooling and making decisions.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-With their second pick, Kekalainen causes a surprise by selecting fellow finn Brad Lambert 12th. Lambert raw skills at 12 is amazing value, only question is if he's gonna go to the end of his potential.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Savoie drops to 13th, thanks to his size. The isles have had luck recently with amazing players dropping to their position in the 15th range, and I think they'll get a steal in Savoie at 13th.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg pick Yurov here cause he's the BPA. Not drafting for needs, just play logic.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver pick defenseman Chesley with the 15th overall pick. He could contribute to their blueline in the future and play alongside Hughes with some luck.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsBuffalo picked a forward earlier, so I think they'll pick a D, Seamus Casey to be more precise.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville goes slightly off the board and select Jack Hughes with their pick. Hughes has good offensive upside and could become a good top 6 C in the NHL
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas pick Marco Kasper with that one, getting an underestimated forward before the end of the top 20.
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles KingsMinny goes for Ostlund here, a good C, which is one of their weaker position.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Capitals go with McGroarty here. Big forward with some skills, he could very well outperform his draft position.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Pens pick Luneau, hoping the polyvalent RHD develops more offensively and becomes a replacement for Letang.
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins2nd pick for the Ducks who goes with Elias Salomonsson, a swedish RHD. Ducks seems to have a preference for swedish players.
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues pick Ty Nelson which at this point is probably the BPA for them.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I think Minny trades this pick to a team that wll use it on Liam Ohgren.
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs go for talented winger Jimmy Snuggerud, adding to their decent prospect pool.
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesHabs pick small mobile defenceman Lane Hutson with the 26th pick. Habs have a lot of LHD in their pool, but none of em have Hutson profile as an high-end offensive Dman.
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
34Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
36Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
37Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
38Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
41Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
42Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
43Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose Sharks
44Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
45Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the New York Islanders
46Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
47Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
48Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
49Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Nashville Predators
50Logo of the Dallas Stars-
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
53Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
54Logo of the Boston Bruins-
55Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
56Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
57Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Minnesota Wild
58Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
59Logo of the Calgary Flames-
60Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
61Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Florida Panthers
62Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
63Logo of the New York Rangers-
64Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
65Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Jul. 5, 2022 at 1:04 p.m.
Agree with you for Cooley, In the best case, MTL trade 1st to ARZ vs 3rd and 27th and take Cooley at 3rd. Then, trade the 26th and 27th vs 10th or 11th

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll