SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2022 Final Mock Draft (Descriptions)

2022 Final Mock Draft (Descriptions)

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Dakraa
Published: Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:23 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The best player in this draft who is the complete package with a two way game. With him and Suzuki, Habs center core should be set for years to come and they finally get the stability they've been looking for down the middle.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Slafs combination of size, skill, and shot is just to tempting for the Devils to pass up. He and Hughes are also just a match made in heaven imo.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Cooley is a player that the Yotes should be excited about getting and is a great player to build around. He's an electric and creative offensive minded center and Arizona needs players like that to market going forwards.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-After taking Beniers, I think the Kraken probably will go with one of the two top defenseman. I think of the two, Nemec has more potential to be an elite modern day defenseman with his two way game and playmaking.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-My gut feeling is that the Flyers will take Gauthier. He fits Torts style of hockey and I think he has the maturity to thrive under him. Whether he ends up as a winger or center, I think at the minimum he'll still be a solid NHLer who can both score at a solid clip and play a physical game.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksIf Jiricek is still on the board, this should be a no brainer pick for the Jackets after taking two centers last year. With his size and shot, I think he is exactly what the Jackets need on their blue line.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-There are a variety of players I can see the Sens picking but I always come back to Kemell who projects to be one of the best scorers in the draft which the Sens are sorely lacking on the wing.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Yzerman will pick a center, its just a matter of which one. I know Nazar is supposed to fall but I think Detroit just needs more skill and dynamic play in their forward core and Nazar should be able to provide that and potentially more.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-While he may not become a center at the next level, his skill, speed, playmaking, and compete should make him a perfect with the culture the Sabres are builiding.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-After trading out most of their d core at the deadline, I think the Ducks will go with the defenseman who they feel has the most upside that's still on the board. Korchinski has all the makings of a solid two way, puck moving defenseman and I think the Ducks can afford to be paitent with him.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Lekkerimaki definitely has the potential to be the best scorer in this draft and being teammates with last years draft choice William Eklund, the Sharks have themselves a potentially deadly Swedish combo.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I dont buy that he's going to fall to the 20s and after getting Jiricek, I think Jarmo will roll the dice on Lambert who is just to tempting of a player to pass up despite his underwhelming production this year.
13Logo of the New York Islanders-One of the biggest risers recently and I think the Isles should be excited if they can get Kasper here who has both the size and potential two way play to be an amazing center and slots perfectly behind Barzal.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Jets are another team in the lottery range that have a lot of options but I think defense should be the priority given their last two picks were centers. Mateychuk is a hometown kid and has played their all his life so its a nice story. As a defenseman, he has the potential to be an offensive dynamo and the Jets really need a true quarterback on the powerplay.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-I think the Canucks are another team that should look to reinforce their d core and Minty is the last of the top 5 defenseman on my board. He has great two way upside and has a physical presence which would be welcomed behind Quinn Hughes.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsSkating is definitely a concern for Geekie but having already drafted his teammate in Savoie, I think continuing to have those two play and grow together will be beneficial for Buffalo. He has both size and skill to be a great center and again, I feel he's just another guy who fits the Sabres new culture which is a mesh of skill, size, and scrappy play.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-While they need more defensive prospects, I don't think any of the defenseman left makes sense here. However, I do think Ostlunds combo of speed and two way play as a center just fits the young core that the Preds seem to be building.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-After going what some considered off the board last year with Wyatt Johnson, I think the Stars will take a high floor player in Bichel. His offensive potential isn't the greatest but I do think his size, physicality, and defensive ability should make him at minimum a solid NHLer.
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles KingsI had the Wild going with Kulich with their second pick originally but I don't think they would hesitate to take him here with the Kings pick. He has a great offensive tool set and I think he would be an intriguing fit with the Wilds young forward core.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-With what's happening with Russia, I think Yurov and some of the other Russian players will fall. However, I think the Caps will end up selecting a Russian player and I think Yurov is their guy with his high tempo and offensive play.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Burkey loves his high character players and look no further than the captain of the US U18 team. Rutger also just fits that Penguin mold of middle six wingers with his physicality and ability to score. Even with his skating being a red flag, I think the Penguins will take the chance if he's available.
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsWhile not the flashiest player, I do think the Ducks need a top 6 LW with both size and skill. Ohgren fits that description with his all around play and should pair nicely with one of their young centers.
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Its been a decade since the Blues have last drafted a defenseman. I can't explain it but I feel like Chesley is their guy. I think he has more offensive upside than he is given credit for but at the very least he'll be a rock solid defensive defenseman.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I can see them drafting another forward but I also can't see Pickering dropping much farther. He has the size gms love while boasting the potential to be an impact defenseman at every area of the ice.
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs have a lot of question marks from their LW prospects. I think they wouldn't and shouldn't hesitate to pick Howard if he is still available. He has the skill and offensive upside to slot in nicely on the Leafs left side in the future. Smaller wings always seem to fall on draft day so I think this is a realistic possibility.
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesHave to feel for Ivan given what he's gone through but after taking the safe bet player in Wright, if the Habs don't move this pick, I can seem them swinging for the fences and gambling on the upside of Miroshnichenko who could add even more fire power on the wing for the Habs.
27Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesI know some people have him falling out of the first round due to below average size and strength but I think the possibility to pair his scoring prowess with Cooley's playmaking and creativity is just to enticing for the Yotes. Add Guenther into the mix and they have a group of players that is fun, skilled, and exciting to watch.
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersHaving selected two forwards already, I think they would go with a RHD. While he may not be the flashiest player, I think he will become a solid top 4 d-man and given the Sabres LHD, I think the Sabres would happily take that.
29Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-He probably should and will go higher but I have him drop a bit due to other teams needs. Snuggerud can play that scrappy game that teams like while having the ability to be a plus scorer. Given that the Oilers are currently in a cap crunch that will force them to trade out some wing depth, I think they'll look to continue to add at that position.
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York RangersI know they've drafted two centers in the past but it seems like the Jets may try to continue to add at that position. DBB is the best center still available imo and projects to be a solid offensive player.
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Given Tampa's current situation, I think they can afford to take a gamble on a Russian prospect and Gleb is absolutely worthy of a 1st round selection. Tampa already has a number of Russian players on their current roster to make the transition seamless for him when he comes over. Gleb also has the offensive and physical potential to be a great asset for the Bolts in the future.
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheI do think the Yotes will take Hutson, Im just not sure if it will be this early or with one of their early 2nds. Regardless, Hutson fits the theme of the Yotes draft so far which is flashy and skilled players. While his size at 5'8 is obviously a flaw, you can't deny that he has all the tools to be an amazing modern day offensive defenseman.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll