SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

My 2022 NHL First and Final Mock Draft

My 2022 NHL First and Final Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: skinnypain78
Published: Jul. 7, 2022 at 10:32 a.m.
Description
Every year I usually put descriptions for each pick but I'll only be doing it for the top-10 this year.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-If the Habs pass on Wright, if would be one of the worst decisions made by the team. They could build around him and Suzuki. I've heard rumors of Logan Cooley going number 1 and that would be a huge mistake.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils are in the best position and under the least amount of pressure because they'll just grab the guy that the Habs don't take. If the Habs pass on Wright, the Devils will happily take him.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-The aren't gonna pass up on taking a potentially elite center in this spot. They need all positions but taking the best available is always the best choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Arizona go for Nemec or Jiricek in this spot either.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-The Kraken will happily take a great RHD that they will be building around. There aren't many defenseman available in the first round this year but this guy and Jiricek are gonna be complete studs.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I'm not that high on Cutter Gauthier but the Flyers will probably take him in this spot. He flew up the draft rankings later in the year and he's a gritty forward that can score goals. Passing on Jiricek will come back to haunt them just like passing on Caufield.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksWelcome to Columbus, David. Unreal pick here. The Blue Jackets have a stacked prospect pool with tons of young guns already making the team.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-If Columbus passes on Jiricek, Ottawa will take him here but I have them taking Kemell. He dropped a little bit in the rankings but it'll be a steal of a pick. He's very good and Ottawa is gonna need a replacement because Boucher is never making the team and even if he does it'll be forced and he will pick up little to no points.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Stevie Y is not passing up on this future elite forward. The best Swedish prospect in the draft and the Red Wings make out like bandits here. I had the Wings taking Savoie but they'll take Jonathan over him.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Savoie falls to Buffalo and they are proud to take him. Very very good pick in this spot. Dahlin, Cozens, Savoie, etc.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks will be happy to add another center to their pool of prospects. This draft is pretty deep and Nazar is an unbelievable add at this pick.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
13Logo of the New York Islanders-
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins