Forums/Armchair-GM

Kadri on a 1 year show me deal

Created by: DeadWingsv2
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 1, 2022
Published: Aug. 2, 2022
Team: 2022-23 Detroit Red Wings
Team Explanation
- Veleno and Berggren start the season on the top line in GR and are the 1st call-ups if needed in the top 9.
- Zadina needs to kick the door in during camp and TAKE a job from someone else in the top 9. Using him on the 4th line doesn't make sense
- Overpay Kadri on a one year deal to make a ton of money this season and try and earn a new, longer contract (like what Hall did a couple years ago). Flip him at the deadline if a more reasonable extension (Term of 3 years max and AAV of 6m max) isn't in place by then.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Walman, Jake2$1,000,000
Zadina, Filip2$1,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Kadri, Nazem1$9,500,000
Trades
DET
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (SEA)
SEA
  1. Suter, Pius
Additional Details:
Anywhere for value; Very good 3c/Serviceable 2c in a pinch
Buyouts
  • Justin Abdelkader: $2,305,556
  • Frans Nielsen: $500,000
Retained Salary Transactions
  • Richard Pánik: $1,375,000 (50%)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$81,928,889$0$4,200,000$571,111
Left WingCenterRight Wing
Logo of the DET
Bertuzzi, Tyler
$4,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Larkin, Dylan
$6,100,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Raymond, Lucas
$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the DET
Vrána, Jakub
$5,250,000
LW
UFA - 2
Kadri, Nazem
$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the DET
Copp, Andrew
$5,625,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the DET
Kubalik, Dominik
$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the DET
Rasmussen, Michael
$1,460,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the DET
Perron, David
$4,750,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the DET
Smith, Givani
$750,000
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Sundqvist, Oskar
$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Erne, Adam
$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the DET
Chiarot, Ben
$4,750,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the DET
Seider, Moritz
$863,333
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the DET
Husso, Ville
$4,750,000
G
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the DET
Määttä, Olli
$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Hronek, Filip
$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the DET
Nedeljkovic, Alex
$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Edvinsson, Simon
$925,000
LD
RFA - 3
Logo of the DET
Lindström, Gustav
$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the DET
Oesterle, Jordan
$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Walman, Jake
$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Hägg, Robert
$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Pysyk, Mark
$850,000
RD, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the DET
Zadina, Filip
$1,500,000
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the DET
Fabbri, Robby
$4,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 2 at 11:42 a.m.
Your description of Suter is spot on but I'm not sure about Kadri.
Aug. 2 at 11:44 a.m.
Yegor bomb
With how Klingberg was forced to sign a 1 year deal when possible teams dried up, I can see Kadri doing the same if it falls through with the Islanders
DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Aug. 2 at 11:46 a.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: aedoran
Your description of Suter is spot on but I'm not sure about Kadri.

It's a gamble for sure and definitely WAY more than he would get otherwise, but there's basically no risk on a 1 year deal, other than the cost of the contract.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 2 at 11:46 a.m.
Sabresguy1897
Yeah hes not doing this, deal with islanders or avs, plus why do this if you are detroit, even after you are still at best the 5th best team in your division
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 2 at 11:47 a.m.
I would not call it a "So me Deal" Kadri is coming off a career year winning a Stanley cup and was not a penalty liability, he doesn't have thing left to prove. Teams are just cautious of the $$ he is asking for.

Kleinberg is different he didn't have the level of season that Kadri did.
Jfstompers and WheEhlers liked this.
Aug. 2 at 11:52 a.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: NDoody
I would not call it a "So me Deal" Kadri is coming off a career year winning a Stanley cup and was not a penalty liability, he doesn't have thing left to prove. Teams are just cautious of the $$ he is asking for.

Kleinberg is different he didn't have the level of season that Kadri did.

I'm sure he'd rather have security of a long term deal and I personally think a deal with the Islanders is already signed and just not reported, but if his options dried up, it's a good way to make 2 years worth of salary, in one season for him...
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 2 at 11:58 a.m.
Pop Pop
Kadri isn't showing more than he did last season and not in this line up. 1 year deal sure but like klingbergs not that deal.
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 2 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: Sabresguy1987
Yeah hes not doing this, deal with islanders or avs, plus why do this if you are detroit, even after you are still at best the 5th best team in your division

Now I assuming by 5th best in the division you have Toronto, TB, Florida and Boston ahead of Detroit, but I really think Ottawa is better than Detroit. How much does Kadri on a 1yr deal make Detroit better? I'm saying I'd take Giroux playing where he wants to be over Kadri playing on a 1yr deal in the a city he never would have chosen to go to other wise. Now he could choose to go out and choose to stick it to every one who wouldn't sign him and prove that not signing him was a mistake but it's Kadri and more than likely he's going to go out a do something really stupid before he even thinks of that. He has horrible impulse control. Now I could be completely wrong but his track record speaks for itself.
Aug. 2 at 12:24 p.m.
Idc what the term is, Kadri won’t get more than $7.5m even on a one year deal, maybe $7.875m but he won’t touch $8m+

If the idea is to flip him at the deadline possibly, the lower the cap is the more options we’d have. $1m one way or the other could make or break a deal.

I don’t believe the Wings will sign Kadri tho. I just don’t see it happening.
Aug. 2 at 12:52 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: IDKtbh
Idc what the term is, Kadri won’t get more than $7.5m even on a one year deal, maybe $7.875m but he won’t touch $8m+

If the idea is to flip him at the deadline possibly, the lower the cap is the more options we’d have. $1m one way or the other could make or break a deal.

I don’t believe the Wings will sign Kadri tho. I just don’t see it happening.

I mean, by the deadline, most of the salary has been paid and if we retained on top of that, Kadri at 4.75 AAV, with real money left of like 1m, I'm sure a ton of teams would jump at.

I'm not saying he's worth 9.5m at all, but on a one year deal, why the hell not? We have the cap and it would take a huge overpay to convince to come here on a 1 year deal, so you'd have to get a little crazy.

Personally, I think he's already signed with the Islanders and Lou's just doing his stupid bull**** where he doesn't announce it, so this is likely all moot anyways, but it's a fun thought excercise.
Aug. 2 at 12:54 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: aedoran
Now I assuming by 5th best in the division you have Toronto, TB, Florida and Boston ahead of Detroit, but I really think Ottawa is better than Detroit. How much does Kadri on a 1yr deal make Detroit better? I'm saying I'd take Giroux playing where he wants to be over Kadri playing on a 1yr deal in the a city he never would have chosen to go to other wise. Now he could choose to go out and choose to stick it to every one who wouldn't sign him and prove that not signing him was a mistake but it's Kadri and more than likely he's going to go out a do something really stupid before he even thinks of that. He has horrible impulse control. Now I could be completely wrong but his track record speaks for itself.

He's matured a lot in the last couple years, I'm not worried about him in that aspect at all anymore. I think he showed everyone with how well he maintained his composure in the St. Louis series after they all lost their damn minds over the piece of **** Binnington crying about incidental contact.

Now, one could make the argument that with the amount of former Blues here, the fit might not be the best for the locker room and that argument I could accept (Perron specifically), but I don't think Kadri is a liability at all anymore.
aedoran liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll