SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Arizona Coyotes

I LOVE the Coyotes first round tonight!

Jun. 28, 2023 at 10:38 p.m.
Besides from entertainment value alone from the internet scouts behind keyboards who think they know more than fully funded scouting departments who do this for a living, there are 3 main reasons why:

The Coyotes are one of the only teams to have a full time scout in Russia, and have lots of boots on the ground in regards to scouting in the region in general. Given how a lot of teams didn't really scout Russia based on the current political climate within the country, the fact that the team felt confident enough to draft two players from the SAME team with their two top twelve picks shows just how much of slam dunk picks they think these two are.

I love the positional value of these two. The team has 3.5 legit NHL Dmen on their roster (Moser, Valimaki, Durzi, Brown) and 3 prospects who may have a chance at doing something someday (Soderstrom, Kolyachonok, Kesselring) and even then they are not top pairing guys in the slightest. The defenseman prospect pool is completely barren with no blue chip guys, and Simashev is going to fill that void. As for But, a goal scoring power forward is always going to be in demand, especially during the playoffs.

And finally, mock drafts and general consensus and big boards mean jack squat. I don't care about trade downs or rankings or whatever, the Coyotes thought that these two were their guys and they took them, which I respect. Bill Armstrong has a proven scouting record and the organization has many veteran scouts on their staff, I'm putting my faith in the guys who do it for a living and the team that spends money to do this stuff than whatever some guy watching 2 minute clips says online. I am very excited to follow these two and can't wait to see them in the desert.
Joel_N liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll