1. Hanifin, Noah ($2,475,000 retained)
Additional Details:
extends 8x6.75
CGY
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (PHI)
TOR
  1. Dubé, Dillon
  2. Zadorov, Nikita ($1,875,000 retained)
  3. 2024 1st round pick (DAL)
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Zadorov signs 4x4
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$78,269,865$0$15,000$5,230,135
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$855,833$855,833
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2023 at 8:50 p.m.
KFC
I admire your dream but Dallas would never ever do that they wouldn't or shouldn't even do bischel for hanifin 1 for 1
behale8 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 9:22 p.m.
Quoting: Jets12Kozy
I admire your dream but Dallas would never ever do that they wouldn't or shouldn't even do bischel for hanifin 1 for 1

Is it really that crazy of a proposal? What would be a better trade from Dallas in your opinion?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 9:58 p.m.
Quoting: leaffanio
honestly fair on treliving, took me a while to warm up to him but i think bringing in bertuzzi and domi was a necessary evil that dubas was frankly never willing to make. locker room got way too chummy and comfortable, was honestly heading back to the muskoka five years where dubas would run the same team back every year and say the last time wasn't their fault. dubas was willing to bring in gritty players, but not guys who would disrupt the room or "chemistry" like reaves, bert, and domi certainly will. plus we have pridham managing our cap who's the best in the business, whatever treliving's planning i'm sure pridham is figuring out how it could work cap-wise

if nylander ended up in calgary, for me i'd be disappointed with anything less than an extended hanifin, dube or coleman, and ideally zadorov at 50% as well. leafs would have to add a first or someone like a liljegren/robertson/niemela to make it fair presumably but those are pretty much the pieces i'd want heading back. i agree that moving lindholm for nylander makes no sense for calgary, but that would be a lethal duo together which i'd love to watch even as a leaf fan.

the reason a nylander trade is heartbreaking for leafs is out of the core four, he deserves it the least. the reason he didn't wanna take a discount on his first deal is because he didn't want it to be easy for the leafs to trade him, which the media has been trying to do since the day that deal was signed. he's the only core four guy who outperformed his contract, the only one who never complained about the media, fans, or tried to blame anyone but himself for the team's shortcomings, and the only guy who consistently shows up in the playoffs. with that said, he's also the best piece to move to improve on defence, and treliving probably hopes moving willy lights a fire under matthews and marner's asses

i also think the leafs cap problems are largely overstated, especially if nylander is gonna get moved. but even if not guys like brodie and jarnkrok are an easy flip, and murray's buyout isn't as bad as the doomers want you to believe.

I might be a little too hard on Tre lol. He has some strengths like getting a lower AAV on RFA contracts, but his biggest weakness was an ability to plan long-term which led to the team losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Both guys should have been signed to 8 year deals when they’re ELCs expired, in 2016 and 2019 respectively, but Brad didnt have the cap required to meet their ask and thus had to get a lower AAV but with a shorter term. If I was him I would’ve found a way to keep Nylander and moved someone else because I think he’s really good. Or just not sign Bertuzzi and Domi, then fill those spots with young cheap players

Wouldn’t it be kind of redundant to add both Hanifin and Zadorov though? Would that not create a left D logjam for Toronto?

Yeah I guess if you can move Nylander or Brodie, then that solves your problem
leaffanio liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 10:20 p.m.
Quoting: Erbas1915
I might be a little too hard on Tre lol. He has some strengths like getting a lower AAV on RFA contracts, but his biggest weakness was an ability to plan long-term which led to the team losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Both guys should have been signed to 8 year deals when they’re ELCs expired, in 2016 and 2019 respectively, but Brad didnt have the cap required to meet their ask and thus had to get a lower AAV but with a shorter term. If I was him I would’ve found a way to keep Nylander and moved someone else because I think he’s really good. Or just not sign Bertuzzi and Domi, then fill those spots with young cheap players

Wouldn’t it be kind of redundant to add both Hanifin and Zadorov though? Would that not create a left D logjam for Toronto?

Yeah I guess if you can move Nylander or Brodie, then that solves your problem

yea ideally if willy goes to cgy we move brodie and run something like

rielly-zadorov
hanifin-mccabe
gio-klingberg

but in retrospect might be a bit overkill, could probably get away with keeping brodie instead of adding hanifin but i just feel like it's kinda bad asset management

and yea tre ****ed up the gaudreau-tkachuk situation no doubt, although tbf when tkachuk signed that bridge deal he wasn't quite the 100pt superstar he is today. hopefully tre and conway have both learned from those mistakes tho and wont repeat them again soon, especially considering the leafs are currently in a bit of a similar spot.

i do think domi and bertuzzi were absolute necessities for this team tho, even if it means having to move willy. like i said nylander's my fav of the core four by far and definitely the least deserving of getting dealt but i think most people don't quite realize how desperately the leafs locker room needed a shakeup
Jul. 25, 2023 at 10:20 p.m.
KFC
Is it really that crazy of a proposal? What would be a better trade from Dallas in your opinion?

Maybe I'm not valueing Hanifin enough while also valueing Bischel quite high but I wouldn't be looking to move Bischel if I was the Stars. Maybe the 1st and a different propsect like Grushnikov, maaybe they'd consider Kyrou. Bischel would just be untouchable for me.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 10:41 p.m.
yea ideally if willy goes to cgy we move brodie and run something like

rielly-zadorov
hanifin-mccabe
gio-klingberg

but in retrospect might be a bit overkill, could probably get away with keeping brodie instead of adding hanifin but i just feel like it's kinda bad asset management

and yea tre ****ed up the gaudreau-tkachuk situation no doubt, although tbf when tkachuk signed that bridge deal he wasn't quite the 100pt superstar he is today. hopefully tre and conway have both learned from those mistakes tho and wont repeat them again soon, especially considering the leafs are currently in a bit of a similar spot.

i do think domi and bertuzzi were absolute necessities for this team tho, even if it means having to move willy. like i said nylander's my fav of the core four by far and definitely the least deserving of getting dealt but i think most people don't quite realize how desperately the leafs locker room needed a shakeup

So what would a trade based around Zadorov and Dube look like? Obviously the Flames would have to add

Or you could do Hanifin and Dube for Nylander. I feel like that’s fairly equal, maybe add like Timmens just to help the Leafs clear cap/their d man log jam
leaffanio liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: Jets12Kozy
Maybe I'm not valueing Hanifin enough while also valueing Bischel quite high but I wouldn't be looking to move Bischel if I was the Stars. Maybe the 1st and a different propsect like Grushnikov, maaybe they'd consider Kyrou. Bischel would just be untouchable for me.

Well the prospect I would want from Dallas is obviously Stankoven, but I was told he’s untouchable. Bischel seems to project more as a stay at home type who skates well, plus he seemed redundant in this scenario where Dallas acquires Hanifin long term to go along with Heiskenen, Lindell, and Harley as left shot d men. But I’m not sure, I’ve barely ever seen Bischel play lol
Jul. 25, 2023 at 10:50 p.m.
So what would a trade based around Zadorov and Dube look like? Obviously the Flames would have to add

Or you could do Hanifin and Dube for Nylander. I feel like that’s fairly equal, maybe add like Timmens just to help the Leafs clear cap/their d man log jam

hanifin and dube for nylander i would say is definitely fair value wise but i'm just not sure hanifin is the type of defenceman tre is looking for. personally i don't mind that deal at all though if hanifin is willing to stick around in toronto
Jul. 25, 2023 at 10:56 p.m.
hanifin and dube for nylander i would say is definitely fair value wise but i'm just not sure hanifin is the type of defenceman tre is looking for. personally i don't mind that deal at all though if hanifin is willing to stick around in toronto

Right, apparently he wants more “truculence” right? Zadorov certainly brings that. What about if the trade was built around Zadorov and Mangiapane?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 11:03 p.m.
Edited Jul. 25, 2023 at 11:10 p.m.
Right, apparently he wants more “truculence” right? Zadorov certainly brings that. What about if the trade was built around Zadorov and Mangiapane?

that's an interesting one, i'd definitely like both players but it's not quite enough for nylander. probably add in a first to balance it out but i feel like another team might still be able to beat that offer.

i'd probably prefer trying to get zadorov + mangiapane or coleman for something like liljegren, a first, and robertson or niemela but at that point i'm not sure if it would still be worth it for calgary.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 11:06 p.m.
that's an interesting one, i'd definitely like both players but it's not quite enough for nylander. probably add in a first to balance it out but i feel like another team might still be able to beat that offer.

i'd probably prefer trying to get zadorov + mangiapane or coleman for something like liljegren, a first, and robertson or niemela but at that point i'm not sure if it would still be worth it for calgary

If the Flames acquire an extra first when trading Hanifin then I’d consider moving that. I don’t see moving our own first round pick, unless there’s significant protection attached to it
leaffanio liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 11:10 p.m.
If the Flames acquire an extra first when trading Hanifin then I’d consider moving that. I don’t see moving our own first round pick, unless there’s significant protection attached to it

yea exactly, ultimately i just don't see a package for willy without hanifin but not sure if he's the guy tre wants to bring with him. i think a smaller deal that's based around zadorov for liljegren probably makes more sense if they could get that to work
Jul. 25, 2023 at 11:36 p.m.
yea exactly, ultimately i just don't see a package for willy without hanifin but not sure if he's the guy tre wants to bring with him. i think a smaller deal that's based around zadorov for liljegren probably makes more sense if they could get that to work

In that case, I’d rather just extend Zadorov or trade him at the deadline

I do think Hanifin fit Toronto, just because he’s a quality player who Tre knows well. What other d men potentially available do you think would fit what the Leafs are looking for?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 11:44 p.m.
In that case, I’d rather just extend Zadorov or trade him at the deadline

I do think Hanifin fit Toronto, just because he’s a quality player who Tre knows well. What other d men potentially available do you think would fit what the Leafs are looking for?

yea moving zad at the deadline probs makes more sense for calgary. i do think hanifin fits in toronto but the problems are:

a) will he re-sign?
b) need to move brodie to fit hanifin in the top 4 and under the cap
c) still need to find a big, defensive d-man like zadorov to pair with rielly

with that being said if nylander is to be moved calgary is way more likely than someone like carolina who are in the same conference and don't have the assets to pull off a deal. it just depends if tre wants to move nylander for a big shutdown guy to pair with rielly (larsson+wright maybe?), or an elite 3D to replace brodie and run the second pair like hanifin
Jul. 26, 2023 at 12:39 a.m.
yea moving zad at the deadline probs makes more sense for calgary. i do think hanifin fits in toronto but the problems are:

a) will he re-sign?
b) need to move brodie to fit hanifin in the top 4 and under the cap
c) still need to find a big, defensive d-man like zadorov to pair with rielly

with that being said if nylander is to be moved calgary is way more likely than someone like carolina who are in the same conference and don't have the assets to pull off a deal. it just depends if tre wants to move nylander for a big shutdown guy to pair with rielly (larsson+wright maybe?), or an elite 3D to replace brodie and run the second pair like hanifin

I agree, the flames and leafs seems like ideal trade partners. Why would you rather have Zadorov over Brodie though? I’ve seen plenty of both players and Brodie is a much better player

Maybe Hanifin just wants to be physically closer to home, he’s from somewhere around Boston in believe, and doesn’t care much whether it’s in the US or not. The way Flames insiders spoke made it sound like he wanted to be south of the border though
Jul. 26, 2023 at 8:59 a.m.
I agree, the flames and leafs seems like ideal trade partners. Why would you rather have Zadorov over Brodie though? I’ve seen plenty of both players and Brodie is a much better player

Maybe Hanifin just wants to be physically closer to home, he’s from somewhere around Boston in believe, and doesn’t care much whether it’s in the US or not. The way Flames insiders spoke made it sound like he wanted to be south of the border though

prime brodie was def clear of zadorov but he’s 33 with a year left and probably isn’t getting resigned. but i could also see a scenario where brodie plays out the year, walks in fa, and we replace him with a guy like zadorov or someone similar next summer
Jul. 26, 2023 at 9:33 a.m.
GO STARS
I don't think Dallas agrees to that. We're already very thin on Defense and Bischel is our top D prospect. Dallas also doesn't have the cap to fit Hanifin's contract under this deal, so you'd have to add in an NHLer. I also don't think they part with another 1st rounder, as we've given up quite a few of those recently.

Amend the trade to something like Mavrik Bourque, Radek Faksa, a 2nd rounder plus $2M retained salary and I think you have Dallas listening.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
GO STARS
Well the prospect I would want from Dallas is obviously Stankoven, but I was told he’s untouchable. Bischel seems to project more as a stay at home type who skates well, plus he seemed redundant in this scenario where Dallas acquires Hanifin long term to go along with Heiskenen, Lindell, and Harley as left shot d men. But I’m not sure, I’ve barely ever seen Bischel play lol

Dallas is already very thin on Defense and Bischel is our top D prospect. Dallas also doesn't have the cap to fit Hanifin's contract under this deal, so you'd have to add in an NHLer. I also don't think they part with another 1st rounder, as we've given up quite a few of those recently.

Amend the trade to something like Mavrik Bourque, Radek Faksa, a 2nd rounder plus $2M retained salary and I think you have Dallas listening.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: behale8
Dallas is already very thin on Defense and Bischel is our top D prospect. Dallas also doesn't have the cap to fit Hanifin's contract under this deal, so you'd have to add in an NHLer. I also don't think they part with another 1st rounder, as we've given up quite a few of those recently.

That trade might get you Tanev or Zadorov, not Hanifin. And if they’re taking on the Faksa contract plus retention, it would need to be a 1st regardless of the player
behale8 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 10:17 a.m.
GO STARS
That trade might get you Tanev or Zadorov, not Hanifin. And if they’re taking on the Faksa contract plus retention, it would need to be a 1st regardless of the player

Yeah, I hear you. Just the reality of Dallas's cap situation.
Erbas1915 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: behale8
Yeah, I hear you. Just the reality of Dallas's cap situation.

Would it make sense to do the same offer, but add the Faksa contract to help with Dallas’ cap?
Jul. 27, 2023 at 10:43 a.m.
GO STARS
Would it make sense to do the same offer, but add the Faksa contract to help with Dallas’ cap?

I still don't think Dallas gives up Bischel. Make that Bourque, Faksa, and a 1st it would be tempting for Dallas.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll