Bruins Mock

Created by: TopCornerShot
Team: 2017-18 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 1, 2017
Published: Jul. 1, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'll try my best to cover everything as deep as I can:

The first line is stacked and they all play their best hockey when together. There were parts of last year when Pasta got placed with Krejci, but I think he was better with Bergeron and Marchand. When we took Pastrnak off that line it clearly dipped and became more slow when Backes was plugged in.

The second line would balance well because Vatrano has some wheels and a great shot. Krejci is the dish master who creates opportunities for his line mates. Backes is the sandpaper who mucks for pucks in the corners and he heads to the net at every opportunity. I think they would all complement each other quite nicely.

The third line is a bit of a switch up. I have Beleskey at LW, hoping he can get back to a 30+ point season. I think we give him the opportunity to start the year in the top 9. Heinen centers the line and is the real wildcard. I strongly believe that he can't be any worse at face offs than Spooner was and he'd match up against the other teams lesser lines while he learned to excel defensively. Teravainen is our prize for Spooner. I think it's a somewhat lateral move, but I don't think Spooner is going to be welcomed back. He plays a soft game and isn't really a difference maker or asset for us. We pair some lesser pieces to upgrade to Teravainen. Maybe the pick would have to be a 2nd rounder, I'd be okay with that.

The 4th line is our energy line. Blidh has proven he's a gritty pest at the NHL level. He was Mic'd up for a game by NESN and he really got into the game, mixing things up with the competition. Nash is a solid C who will stabilize the line defensively. Accari brings a ton of energy and makes some big hits. I think he's the stud of the line, even though he won't contribute much on the score sheet. Kuraly has earned the role of the extra forward. He'll get in soon as we'll have injuries or someone will sink below him and need to be replaced.

As for the defense our top 2 pairs stay the same. Chara Carlo is a good shutdown pair and Krug McQuaid have always worked well together. This roster is to start the year, so I believe McAvoy will be eased into the NHL on the 3rd pair. Being put with Kevan Miller will help McAvoy in the long run, as he'll be able to learn on Miller in the defensive zone, while also being able to run the show in the offensive end of the ice. Postma is adequate as the #7 guy, even though I thought Morrow should have been tendered I still like Postma slightly better for right now. I had hopes Morrow would hit his potential, but that hope gets transferred to another teams fanbase now.

The goalies stay the same. McIntyre could use part of the season to dominate in the AHL. He could pass Khudobin at some point as well and become the everyday backup at the NHL level.

In this mock there are really 2 guys being snubbed a bit. First off I'll mention Anders Bjork. He really did nothing at the Worlds and he compares strongly to Jimmy Vesey, except Vesey had an extra year of college under his belt and was 2 years older than Bjork. Vesey ended the year with 27 points in 80 games. That's not very good at all and I'm thinking Vesey was more prepared and had a better shot to succeed than Bjork does right now. We need more than that to secure a comfortable playoff position. Beleskey can do it, as he did it the year before last, when he notched 37 points. That's not great either, but that'd be good enough. My mock here starts Bjork in the AHL. He'll be the first wing call up when injuries hit and I'm hoping he scores at a point per game in the AHL.

The second snub was JFK. I don't see any reason to rush the kid. If we grow him slowly he has a greater chance to amount to more. I don't have my eyes on him being the 3rd line center his entire tenure with us. I think he should be groomed for the Bergeron role of top defensive C who can score over 50 points. I see no reason to accelerate his progression to fit him into a lesser role. I think if we rush him into the 3rd C spot he may end up like a lesser version of Sean Couturier. I'm not as big of fan of Couturier as most because when I see him I'm always wondering where the offense is. He's great defensively and he's very smart, but if you want to be a great player you need to score over 40 points, which he's yet to do. I won't be happy with JFK just being like that and scoring 30 points as a 3rd liner. I think we should have a higher end goal when viewing him. I'd like it if the Bruins management placed him into the AHL for year 1 and asked him to put an emphasis on growing his offensive game more. 3rd line C's who play good defense and score under 40 points are pretty common, but if he can play that great defense and score over 50 points, we could be looking at the next rock in the middle of the core of the team. Very similar to what Bergeron currently is. I think we should attempt to go that route. The players I have placed in the spots instead of them have more experience and are better options for this coming season. I think we really try to win this year and I could see some fireworks happening at the deadline if we are in a playoff position. I'd like Chara to go out on top, so theres even more reason to go with the guys who are more proven.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$7,000,000
2$2,000,000
2$1,000,000
2$1,000,000
Trades
CAR
  1. Cave, Colby
  2. Spooner, Ryan
  3. 2018 3rd round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$75,000,000$69,257,085$0$747,500$5,742,915
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 6
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$872,500$872,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$784,167$784,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$808,750$808,750
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,860,000$2,860,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 1, 2017 at 7:33 p.m.
Again, you cant use what Anders Bjork did at worlds against him because he didnt really play. He played less than 1 minute, in 2 out of the 5 games he played. Its not a big deal
Jul. 1, 2017 at 8:07 p.m.
ItsInTheNet
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
Again, you cant use what Anders Bjork did at worlds against him because he didnt really play. He played less than 1 minute, in 2 out of the 5 games he played. Its not a big deal

If he was better he would have played more. That team had like 8 legit NHL forwards. Only Eichel and Gaudreau were all stars, he had plenty of chance against everyone else. He didn't shine against the lesser options of the team. That's totally legit criticism, it's not like the team was full of all stars so he had no chance, he was on equal footing and didn't show himself well, not even well enough to play much.

Also, the comparison to Vesey is very legit. He didn't have a great year imo and he was older, bigger and stronger. Anyone expecting Bjork to have a huge year is likely to be disappointed. He could have a good year, but the odds are higher that he doesn't contribute very much.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 8:35 p.m.
Quoting: TopCornerShot

If he was better he would have played more. That team had like 8 legit NHL forwards. Only Eichel and Gaudreau were all stars, he had plenty of chance against everyone else. He didn't shine against the lesser options of the team. That's totally legit criticism, it's not like the team was full of all stars so he had no chance, he was on equal footing and didn't show himself well, not even well enough to play much.

Also, the comparison to Vesey is very legit. He didn't have a great year imo and he was older, bigger and stronger. Anyone expecting Bjork to have a huge year is likely to be disappointed. He could have a good year, but the odds are higher that he doesn't contribute very much.

when did i say the comparison to Vesey wasnt legit?laughlaughlaugh
Jul. 2, 2017 at 5:53 a.m.

but it could be like Spooner, didn't show up in the big games against MEN!!!

he'll be ok eventually, needs a year in Providence
Jul. 2, 2017 at 5:55 a.m.
he's just a kid with legit talent. He just needs to spend a year in Providence
Jul. 2, 2017 at 5:29 p.m.
ItsInTheNet

when did i say the comparison to Vesey wasnt legit?laughlaughlaugh

Nice laughing faces big guy. I never said that you had said the comparison to Jimmy Vesey wasn't legit, yet you are defending Bjork as if he deserves a shot in the NHL game 1 with just an average camp. He didn't play well enough at the worlds, bottom line. I think it's hilarious that you could take the position that he shouldn't be judged at the worlds because he didn't get enough playing time. That roster was not good, only about half of the forwards on the team don't suck and he wasn't one of them. How you don't comprehend what I have been saying is a modern miracle. You can't downplay him not standing out at all because everyone else was just so good, they clearly weren't and if he was ready he would have gotten the ice time over them. The USA squad got eliminated in the quarterfinals, which would mean they didn't even earn a top 4 spot. I think you are confusing the USA squad with Canada, who clearly had a lot of great players on the team, which would cause him to miss out on playing time just because they are simply better. The fact that he didn't even get a lot of playing time with a roster such as that one is in fact more damning than getting time and just not getting any bounces or puck luck. The laughs are all directed in your direction, as you've proven to be absolutely hilarious. Keep thinking that his lack of production at the Worlds has no connection with him being ready to play in the NHL as if he just deserves it as a god given right, or maybe because he put up some numbers in a developmental league when he was as old or older than the majority of the good competition.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 3:35 a.m.
Edited Jul. 4, 2017 at 4:25 p.m.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 9:17 a.m.

Nice laughing faces big guy. I never said that you had said the comparison to Jimmy Vesey wasn't legit, yet you are defending Bjork as if he deserves a shot in the NHL game 1 with just an average camp. He didn't play well enough at the worlds, bottom line. I think it's hilarious that you could take the position that he shouldn't be judged at the worlds because he didn't get enough playing time. That roster was not good, only about half of the forwards on the team don't suck and he wasn't one of them. How you don't comprehend what I have been saying is a modern miracle. You can't downplay him not standing out at all because everyone else was just so good, they clearly weren't and if he was ready he would have gotten the ice time over them. The USA squad got eliminated in the quarterfinals, which would mean they didn't even earn a top 4 spot. I think you are confusing the USA squad with Canada, who clearly had a lot of great players on the team, which would cause him to miss out on playing time just because they are simply better. The fact that he didn't even get a lot of playing time with a roster such as that one is in fact more damning than getting time and just not getting any bounces or puck luck. The laughs are all directed in your direction, as you've proven to be absolutely hilarious. Keep thinking that his lack of production at the Worlds has no connection with him being ready to play in the NHL as if he just deserves it as a god given right, or maybe because he put up some numbers in a developmental league when he was as old or older than the majority of the good competition.

Bjork had an average camp? Camp didnt even start yet, "Big guy". All im saying is, no one is going care what bjork did at the Worlds when Camp starts. But based on what you're saying, Bruce Cassidy shouldnt even give him a chance because he wasn't noticeable at worlds? It doesnt matter. And yes, his lack of playing time at worlds has no connection to him being ready to play in the NHL. That will be decided at camp. If bjork doesnt make the NHL its not going to be because of his "lack of production at worlds". Just log off LOL

Yikes. Completely 100% agree with TopCornerShot....and great Mock-up BTW. PastaSauce.....you can't predict how Bjork will do in camp, sure he'll be given a shot, like anyone else, what we are saying is based on his play in the World's, with a very "average" U.S. team is he didn't stand out. And actually got benched so he is likely not ready for the "Pro" game yet. He will be eventually, but just not this year. Same with JFK, no reason to rush these kids, let them show their talent and hopefully dominate in the AHL before they make the jump to the big show.

TopCornerShot.....5 stars for a great mock-up team and explanation!! If I could give you 10 out of 5, I would!

I'm now going to watch your comments closely!!! haha

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll