Flames Blockbuster

Created by: SlimTJ100
Team: 2023-24 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 5, 2024
Published: Jan. 5, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I could see some kind of a trade with these guys involved

There was a rumor of this trade with us NOT getting Lindholm lol. Only way Kakko and Schneider are traded is if the Rangers get back Tanev AND Lindholm
*this trade could also be Hanafin instead of Tanev. I guess depends who the Rangers value more. I’d prefer Tanev as I think he may be better suited for the Rangers right now, his style. They could use a lunch pail guy on D, maybe he’ll play with Trouba even

A lot of this trade is contingent on two things: Kakko remaining blah, and Othmann being able to handle 3RW.

Both are likely imo, therefore I could see the Rangers let go of Kakko.

Schneider is must in this trade for Calgary

Interesting to see where Zib and Lindholm would play. Both could be center. I think Lindholm would move over tho

A key to this deal is Ruzicka. Rangers could really use a cheaper option for 3C who has some skill. Bonino nor Goodrow can bring that. Ruzicka has enough for the 3rd line to be good with the kids on his line. Very good center depth
Trades
NYR
  1. Lindholm, Elias ($2,425,000 retained)
  2. Ruzicka, Adam
  3. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Edström, Adam
  2. Kakko, Kaapo
  3. Schneider, Braden
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (NYR)
  5. 2025 1st round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
*if the Rangers make the finals the second becomes a first this year.
NYR
  1. Bean, Jake
Additional Details:
*may need a small part retained.

I like Bean a lot. Can play both sides and is MUCH BETTER depth on D then Zac Jones is.
CBJ
  1. Jones, Zachary
  2. 2026 3rd round pick (NYR)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$80,571,582$610,892$932,500$2,928,418
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,425,000$2,425,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LW
RFA - 3
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
-$1,125,000-$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
RW
UFA - 1
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 5 at 9:07 p.m.
And if this team doesn’t win the cup, now you lose future pieces for nothing while having to replace them. Would be a dumb move

Lavi isn’t going to move Othmann or Cuylle to RW this year. Even though othmann should be getting reps in at RW in the AHL

And that 4th line still sucks and would get caved in
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 5 at 9:09 p.m.
Milolaborino
Quoting: Rags21
And if this team doesn’t win the cup, now you lose future pieces for nothing while having to replace them. Would be a dumb move

Lavi isn’t going to move Othmann or Cuylle to RW this year. Even though othmann should be getting reps in at RW in the AHL

And that 4th line still sucks and would get caved in

They have to go for it this year imo. I realize the cost of all of it, but i think this is the year. They really haven’t given up many assets yet where they can’t afford it. The firsts guarantee us nothing. This org is under a lot of pressure this year from Dolan imo

We’re going to have to deal with that 4th line, I don’t think he’d take out of the lineup Goodrow or Bonino. They both are key penalty killers, it’s not going to happen and they can’t be on the 3rd line
Jan. 5 at 9:13 p.m.
How has Schnieder been? Is it a case of he will always be blocked by Fox and Trouba or is there hope he takes the 2nd pair spot?
Jan. 5 at 9:15 p.m.
Milolaborino
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
How has Schnieder been? Is it a case of he will always be blocked by Fox and Trouba or is there hope he takes the 2nd pair spot?

Yes. I’m one of the only people willing to trade him tbh lol he hasn’t had the best year imo. BUT he is definitely capable of 2RHD duties. Not sure he can run a PP, but a mini Trouba. That’s what he’s kind of referred too. He is just someone I’m willing to sacrifice as long as I get Tanev back
MeetYourMakar liked this.
Jan. 5 at 9:16 p.m.
Quoting: SlimTJ100
They have to go for it this year imo. I realize the cost of all of it, but o think this is the year. They really haven’t given up many assets yet where they can’t afford it. The firsts guarantee us nothing

They can go for it without giving up Kakko and Schneider

Lindholm hasn’t been good this year in my eyes regardless of Calgary is bad. He’s dead last in expected goals above replacement and his EV RAPM chart isn’t good

Tanev doesn’t really move the needle that much over Schneider
Jan. 5 at 9:17 p.m.
Quoting: MeetYourMakar

He’s decent, I thought he was gonna be a shutdown guy but he’s actually good offensively and more of a 2 way player. He needs to season a bit more on the bottom pair until Trouba’s contract is over
MeetYourMakar liked this.
Jan. 5 at 9:19 p.m.
Milolaborino
Edited Jan. 5 at 9:24 p.m.
They can go for it without giving up Kakko and Schneider

Lindholm hasn’t been good this year in my eyes regardless of Calgary is bad. He’s dead last in expected goals above replacement and his EV RAPM chart isn’t good. I also think he needs a MAJOR change of scenery. He was AWESOME two years ago when Calgary was good

Tanev doesn’t really move the needle that much over Schneider

Tanev would be a great add imo. They need an another bruiser back there. One that can handle the playoffs.

I don’t think many people will Ike this trade I get it, but I just think its necessary THIS YEAR. We can’t pass this year up, we’re too good.

Kakko is due a raise. I’m not overly comfortable giving him one yet. He hasn’t shown me enough. I feel like Drury thinks that way. I think he’s gets traded, and lucky for them he’s coming back now
Jan. 5 at 9:21 p.m.
Milolaborino
He’s decent, I thought he was gonna be a shutdown guy but he’s actually good offensively and more of a 2 way player. He needs to season a bit more on the bottom pair until Trouba’s contract is over

That’s exactly why I’m trading him. I can find another Schneider by the time I need him to be top 4, in 3 years. The bottom pair D can be a more veteran group imo, it should be in the playoff anyway.
Jan. 5 at 9:25 p.m.
Tanev would be a great add imo. They need an another bruiser back there. One that can handle the playoffs.

I don’t think many people will Ike this trade I get it, but I just think its necessary THIS YEAR. We can’t pass this year up, we’re too good.

Kakko is due a raise. I’m not overly comfortable giving him one yet. He hasn’t shown me enough. I feel like Drury thinks that way. I think he’s gets traded, and lucky for them he’s coming back now

They need Schneider to tighten up defensively more than they need a bruiser. Schneider can play just as physical and Tanev so it’s a wash, but I’d give the offensive upside to Schneider

Kakko hasn’t proved he’s due for a raise. Drury can just offer him his QO as a 1 year prove it deal. They literally have no RW’s on the roster/pipeline and they could easily overpay a free agent and watch it not work out (goodrow)

The team NEEDS a 3C. They don’t need wingers. Kakko was fine on the top line but got screwed because that line as a whole was shooting at 4%. Then Wheeler goes up and everyone thinks the top line is better meanwhile they’re just shooting at a better percentage
Jan. 5 at 9:27 p.m.
That’s exactly why I’m trading him. I can find another Schneider by the time I need him to be top 4, in 3 years. The bottom pair D can be a more veteran group imo, it should be in the playoff anyway.

You think the Avs won a cup because they had vets on the blue line? Lol majority of them are offensively gifted and pushed the pace. EJ and Manson weren’t that good while Makar, Toews and Girard aren’t the “bruisers” you like to see
Jan. 5 at 9:29 p.m.
Milolaborino
They need Schneider to tighten up defensively more than they need a bruiser. Schneider can play just as physical and Tanev so it’s a wash, but I’d give the offensive upside to Schneider

Kakko hasn’t proved he’s due for a raise. Drury can just offer him his QO as a 1 year prove it deal. They literally have no RW’s on the roster/pipeline and they could easily overpay a free agent and watch it not work out (goodrow)

The team NEEDS a 3C. They don’t need wingers. Kakko was fine on the top line but got screwed because that line as a whole was shooting at 4%. Then Wheeler goes up and everyone thinks the top line is better meanwhile they’re just shooting at a better percentage

You’re missing the point, imo we can’t wait for Schneider to develop fully. I realize how good he can become, but we need a more finished product there now

I think Kakko can be traded because we have wingers coming. Perreault and Otmann will be the RWs down the road. Lindholm will play RW on that line. Othmann is eventually going to be 3RW, it’s happening this year
Jan. 5 at 9:31 p.m.
Milolaborino
You think the Avs won a cup because they had vets on the blue line? Lol majority of them are offensively gifted and pushed the pace. EJ and Manson weren’t that good while Makar, Toews and Girard aren’t the “bruisers” you like to see

Dude look at the Vegas D from last year. Thats why they won. Their D was big and mobile. Tanev is EXACTLY what the D needs. Schneider isn’t that guy just yet is ultimately the point I’m making
Jan. 5 at 9:36 p.m.
You’re missing the point, imo we can’t wait for Schneider to develop fully. I realize how good he can become, but we need a more finished product there now

I think Kakko can be traded because we have wingers coming. Perreault and Otmann will be the RWs down the road. Lindholm will play RW on that line. Othmann is eventually going to be 3RW, it’s happening this year

Gus-Schneider has been the team’s best defensive pair this season so i don’t know what more you could want lol

Perreault is at least 3 years away lmao
Othmann so far is a pure left winger, just like Cuylle

There’s no proof or evidence that othmann will play RW. Not that the organization plans to use him that way. Just because Laffy is doing it, doesn’t mean othmann will
Jan. 5 at 9:37 p.m.
Dude look at the Vegas D from last year. Thats why they won. Their D was big and mobile. Tanev is EXACTLY what the D needs. Schneider isn’t that guy just yet is ultimately the point I’m making

Vegas won because Adin Hill was a career .910 save % who spiked up to .935 save % for the playoffs lol just like Bob for the Panthers. A hot goalie is extremely helpful
Jan. 5 at 9:38 p.m.
Milolaborino
Gus-Schneider has been the team’s best defensive pair this season so i don’t know what more you could want lol

Perreault is at least 3 years away lmao
Othmann so far is a pure left winger, just like Cuylle

There’s no proof or evidence that othmann will play RW. Not that the organization plans to use him that way. Just because Laffy is doing it, doesn’t mean othmann will

Just watch the games it will happen😀

You’re are too worried about stuff you shouldn’t be worried about 😉
Jan. 5 at 9:39 p.m.
Just watch the games it will happen😀

You’re are too worried about stuff you shouldn’t be worried about 😉

I did watch the game lol the only reason Othmann played RW is give him more time in his debut while Wheeler was in the box. Then he quickly was back in the bottom 6 LW
Jan. 5 at 9:40 p.m.
Milolaborino
Vegas won because Adin Hill was a career .910 save % who spiked up to .935 save % for the playoffs lol just like Bob for the Panthers. A hot goalie is extremely helpful

We have Shesty so what the hell are we arguing about 😂
Jan. 5 at 9:41 p.m.
We have Shesty so what the hell are we arguing about 😂

Yea unfortunately they let him down in back to back playoffs (except bailing him out against the Pens)
Jan. 5 at 9:41 p.m.
Milolaborino
I did watch the game lol the only reason Othmann played RW is give him more time in his debut while Wheeler was in the box. Then he quickly was back in the bottom 6 LW

I have faith in him. He impressed me. They’ll at least give him til Kakko comes back before they decide if he’s here the rest of the year
Jan. 5 at 9:50 p.m.
I have faith in him. He impressed me. They’ll at least give him til Kakko comes back before they decide if he’s here the rest of the year

If Lavi plays him at RW, I’ll eat my words haha. But the organization already came out and said they want him to have a full year in the AHL
Jan. 5 at 10:01 p.m.
Trade with CGY is AWFUL for NYR - and whatever rumor you heard was BS
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jan. 6 at 1:32 a.m.
Milolaborino
If Lavi plays him at RW, I’ll eat my words haha. But the organization already came out and said they want him to have a full year in the AHL

Watch he’s going to play so well they won’t be able to take him out, or send him down
Rags21 liked this.
Jan. 6 at 1:56 a.m.
B
Quoting: jbrowns128
Trade with CGY is AWFUL for NYR - and whatever rumor you heard was BS

This is looney tunes
Jan. 6 at 10:31 a.m.
Massive overpayment! Rangers pass!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option