2. Nash, Rick ($3,500,000 retained)
NYR
  1. Blandisi, Joseph
  2. Brown, J.T.
  3. Mahura, Josh
  4. Nattinen, Julius
  5. 2018 1st round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
Mahura is a good upcoming defensive prospect as well as Nattinen who will be a solid 3rd/4th line center and sending brown to clear up a roster spot
ANA
  1. 2018 1st round pick (CGY)
NYI
  1. 2018 3rd round pick (NJD)
  2. 2018 3rd round pick (ANA)
  3. 2019 1st round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
Trade is made at the draft
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$63,117,584$0$1,550,000$11,882,416

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,625,000$8,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$400,000$400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 1
$670,000$670,000
RW
UFA - 1
$637,500$637,500
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 5
$825,000$825,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$700,000$700K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 11, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
Double post
Feb. 11, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
The quality for quantity deal isn't really your strong suit. Basically, 2 main pieces and then you're just throwing contracts at people of no significant value just because. It makes no sense. The NYR deal is awful for ANA and doesn't address our biggest need of a top 4 D-man. The NYI deal is also horrendous and does nothing for us. What if we miss with that CGY pick? That's 4 assets we could have used to get a solid player gone for a bust. More importantly though, what if we're a bottom feeder next season and our 2019 first is a top 3 lottery pick? Awful asset management. I repeat, NHL 18 level trading here.
Feb. 11, 2018 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: mytduxfan
The quality for quantity deal isn't really your strong suit. Basically, 2 main pieces and then you're just throwing contracts at people of no significant value just because. It makes no sense. The NYR deal is awful for ANA and doesn't address our biggest need of a top 4 D-man. The NYI deal is also horrendous and does nothing for us. What if we miss with that CGY pick? That's 4 assets we could have used to get a solid player gone for a bust. More importantly though, what if we're a bottom feeder next season and our 2019 first is a top 3 lottery pick? Awful asset management. I repeat, NHL 18 level trading here.

But we don't need a D-man if our goals for per game are 2.38 we need more scoring if we even think we have a chance at making the cup final and besides Eaves could be out all season and a handful of the next
Feb. 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Quoting: jhook1
But we don't need a D-man if our goals for per game are 2.38 we need more scoring if we even think we have a chance at making the cup final and besides Eaves could be out all season and a handful of the next

We wouldn't need more scoring if we could keep the puck out of our own net. D wins championships. If you can't see that Bieksa is a massive problem and pretty much gifts a goal to the opposition every single game, I don't really know what to tell you.
Feb. 11, 2018 at 5:11 p.m.
We wouldn't need more scoring if we could keep the puck out of our own net. D wins championships. If you can't see that Bieksa is a massive problem and pretty much gifts a goal to the opposition every single game, I don't really know what to tell you.

what are you talking about?? do you even watch ducks hockey?? he's gifted goals before but every game is really far stretched
Feb. 12, 2018 at 6:02 a.m.
what are you talking about?? do you even watch ducks hockey?? he's gifted goals before but every game is really far stretched

Yeah, I do. Do you? I just watched the Ducks blow a 2 goal lead to the San Jose Sharks, one of those goals coming with 50 seconds left in the game. The team has now given up the tying goal in the final minutes of a game in 2 of the past 3 games. Just imagine if they could hold the lead? D wins championships, D and good netminding. Gibson is doing his part and putting in some elite performances this season. The D is a mess. Bieksa is trash, but, more importantly, RC is horrendous at making decisions with respects to D-pairings. I mean, Fowler and Beauchemin out there with 50 seconds to go... WHY?!?!?!?!?! On the other side, the Ducks looked fine offensively. We generated a bunch of chances and looked very threatening, particularly in the 1st and 3rd. The team looks snakebit (especially Cogs), that is all.

I have to admit, I find it hilarious that you say "what are you talking about??" and then proceed to describe games as "far stretched". Wtf does "far stretched" even mean.
Feb. 12, 2018 at 6:06 p.m.
Yeah, I do. Do you? I just watched the Ducks blow a 2 goal lead to the San Jose Sharks, one of those goals coming with 50 seconds left in the game. The team has now given up the tying goal in the final minutes of a game in 2 of the past 3 games. Just imagine if they could hold the lead? D wins championships, D and good netminding. Gibson is doing his part and putting in some elite performances this season. The D is a mess. Bieksa is trash, but, more importantly, RC is horrendous at making decisions with respects to D-pairings. I mean, Fowler and Beauchemin out there with 50 seconds to go... WHY?!?!?!?!?! On the other side, the Ducks looked fine offensively. We generated a bunch of chances and looked very threatening, particularly in the 1st and 3rd. The team looks snakebit (especially Cogs), that is all.

I have to admit, I find it hilarious that you say "what are you talking about??" and then proceed to describe games as "far stretched". Wtf does "far stretched" even mean.

Funny thing is is that you say Bieksa gifts a goal every game yet tonight he wasn't even on the ice for one goal against, our goals for per game are horrendous hence we get another scoring winger we would be much better off, I still don't understand why you are so angry at me tbh our D core is fine but we still need to make a trade at the deadline and if its for a scoring winger or a Dman or both then its fine by me because thats whats going to help the team, not losing it over some fantasy trade someone made on a website. I get that you're angry about the game, I am too but come on don't act like this is my fault. BRUH how do you not know what that means?!?!?!? you're saying he gifts goals every game when he doesn't so its a far stretched statement you made and I'm not describing the game as far stretched I'm saying your comments on Bieksa are.
Feb. 13, 2018 at 5:59 a.m.
Funny thing is is that you say Bieksa gifts a goal every game yet tonight he wasn't even on the ice for one goal against, our goals for per game are horrendous hence we get another scoring winger we would be much better off, I still don't understand why you are so angry at me tbh our D core is fine but we still need to make a trade at the deadline and if its for a scoring winger or a Dman or both then its fine by me because thats whats going to help the team, not losing it over some fantasy trade someone made on a website. I get that you're angry about the game, I am too but come on don't act like this is my fault. BRUH how do you not know what that means?!?!?!? you're saying he gifts goals every game when he doesn't so its a far stretched statement you made and I'm not describing the game as far stretched I'm saying your comments on Bieksa are.

Bro! You questioned my legitimacy as a Duck fan by asking me "do you even watch ducks hockey?" and then complain that I'm getting heated. You started the personal attacks, not me. Attack my views, don't attack me. Don't incite and then play the victim. You started it, not me.

Where did I say Bieksa gifts a goal "every game"? I said he "pretty much gifts a goal to the opposition every single game". Pretty much = almost. There were at least 2 occasions in which Bieksa's inability to clear the puck from the D-zone effectively without icing it led to a high quality scoring chance. It happens all the time. Moreover, the fact that Fowler has to baby sit Bieksa means he can't do what he does best and that's join the line on the rush and attack the opposition by carrying the puck into their zone at speed. If you're an advocate for more offence, you should be all for replacing Bieksa with someone more capable of defending. It would mean that Fowler can attack more and play with more offensive freedom and increase the number of high quality scoring chances, translating into more goals. Moreover, we'd be letting in less goals too. It's win-win. Bringing in Nash, Grabner or any scoring forward, ignoring the fact they'll cost a small fortune to acquire, only addresses the lack of goals. Meanwhile, Bieksa remains an issue and continues to handicap Fowler's offensive abilities. It's win-lose. I mean, seriously, how can you sit there and say the D core is fine when you've (apparently) just watched the team blow a 1 goal lead with 50 seconds left for the 2nd time in 3 games? And one of those times was against a bottom-feeder team in BUF? How is that a D that is fine? The Ducks are the 8th worst team when in comes to GA in the 3rd period. This team is awful at shutting out a game in which they're ahead going into the 3rd. Seriously, look at the teams around them in that category: ARI, MIN, OTT, EDM, MTL, VAN, all bottom-feeder teams. I know our GF/GP is pretty dire too, but that's brought down by our 23rd ranked PP. At even strength, we're just inside the top half of the league when it comes to goal scoring.

I agree with you that the lack of offensive production is an issue, but the D is a bigger one. Our scoring numbers are down because we've been without Getzlaf and Kesler for large parts of season and were running Grant and Vermette in the #1 and #2 C roles for quite a while. Meanwhile, the D has been the same for a while now and I'm not seeing any improvements. The Lindholm - Manson pairing seems fine, the Beauchemin - Montour pairing seems ok if given sheltered minutes, the Fowler - Bieksa pairing is a mess and needs addressing because that's a pairing that gets 18-20 mins a night. It needs to be stronger. I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but we have RC behind the bench. He's a former NHL D-man that promotes a D first style of play and a conservative approach to scoring. We're not going to be putting up big scoring numbers because that's not the strategy in place. We're supposed to be a team that wins by shutting down the opposition's offensive production. In which case, getting 2-3 goals a game should be enough. However, it's never going to be enough when you blow that lead in the 3rd period with shoddy defending.

Yeah, it's not "far stretched" it's "far-fetched". My comments aren't "far-fetched". In fact, go to the Ducks forum on HFboards or on the Ducks official website and you'll see pretty much everyone saying the same thing about Bieksa. He's an issue. He's been an issue for a long time. Again, if you can't see that, maybe you should question whether you're really "watching" Duck's hockey, not me.

Anyway, I don't care to continue this discussion. We clearly disagree, that's fine. Just try to value our players without the orange, black and white tinted glasses on next time. No one is going to give you homer value for our players. No one wants our crap for their good players. Other teams also have good players of value.
Feb. 13, 2018 at 9:28 p.m.
Bro! You questioned my legitimacy as a Duck fan by asking me "do you even watch ducks hockey?" and then complain that I'm getting heated. You started the personal attacks, not me. Attack my views, don't attack me. Don't incite and then play the victim. You started it, not me.

Where did I say Bieksa gifts a goal "every game"? I said he "pretty much gifts a goal to the opposition every single game". Pretty much = almost. There were at least 2 occasions in which Bieksa's inability to clear the puck from the D-zone effectively without icing it led to a high quality scoring chance. It happens all the time. Moreover, the fact that Fowler has to baby sit Bieksa means he can't do what he does best and that's join the line on the rush and attack the opposition by carrying the puck into their zone at speed. If you're an advocate for more offence, you should be all for replacing Bieksa with someone more capable of defending. It would mean that Fowler can attack more and play with more offensive freedom and increase the number of high quality scoring chances, translating into more goals. Moreover, we'd be letting in less goals too. It's win-win. Bringing in Nash, Grabner or any scoring forward, ignoring the fact they'll cost a small fortune to acquire, only addresses the lack of goals. Meanwhile, Bieksa remains an issue and continues to handicap Fowler's offensive abilities. It's win-lose. I mean, seriously, how can you sit there and say the D core is fine when you've (apparently) just watched the team blow a 1 goal lead with 50 seconds left for the 2nd time in 3 games? And one of those times was against a bottom-feeder team in BUF? How is that a D that is fine? The Ducks are the 8th worst team when in comes to GA in the 3rd period. This team is awful at shutting out a game in which they're ahead going into the 3rd. Seriously, look at the teams around them in that category: ARI, MIN, OTT, EDM, MTL, VAN, all bottom-feeder teams. I know our GF/GP is pretty dire too, but that's brought down by our 23rd ranked PP. At even strength, we're just inside the top half of the league when it comes to goal scoring.

I agree with you that the lack of offensive production is an issue, but the D is a bigger one. Our scoring numbers are down because we've been without Getzlaf and Kesler for large parts of season and were running Grant and Vermette in the #1 and #2 C roles for quite a while. Meanwhile, the D has been the same for a while now and I'm not seeing any improvements. The Lindholm - Manson pairing seems fine, the Beauchemin - Montour pairing seems ok if given sheltered minutes, the Fowler - Bieksa pairing is a mess and needs addressing because that's a pairing that gets 18-20 mins a night. It needs to be stronger. I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but we have RC behind the bench. He's a former NHL D-man that promotes a D first style of play and a conservative approach to scoring. We're not going to be putting up big scoring numbers because that's not the strategy in place. We're supposed to be a team that wins by shutting down the opposition's offensive production. In which case, getting 2-3 goals a game should be enough. However, it's never going to be enough when you blow that lead in the 3rd period with shoddy defending.

Yeah, it's not "far stretched" it's "far-fetched". My comments aren't "far-fetched". In fact, go to the Ducks forum on HFboards or on the Ducks official website and you'll see pretty much everyone saying the same thing about Bieksa. He's an issue. He's been an issue for a long time. Again, if you can't see that, maybe you should question whether you're really "watching" Duck's hockey, not me.

Anyway, I don't care to continue this discussion. We clearly disagree, that's fine. Just try to value our players without the orange, black and white tinted glasses on next time. No one is going to give you homer value for our players. No one wants our crap for their good players. Other teams also have good players of value.

"I started it" you're the one that lost it over some fantasy trades

BRUH thats the exact same thing I don't understand how you don't see that, nobody wants Bieksa's terrible contract anyways plus he has a NMC that he will not waive unless maybe kegler waives his but then who wants that terrible contract. the D core is fine we need to worry about our GFPG because thats terrible and yeah the D core makes mistakes like they did tonight in Detroit but come on they are playing well, putting pucks on net and doing there jobs.

bruh. I'm concerned with ducks fans then because he's the best we are gonna get for that pairing unless he waives his NMC or Larsson magically gets NHL ready, there is not a team in this league that is willing to pay 4M for bieksa,

so we lose one game against the sharks and all our players are crap, ok then
Feb. 13, 2018 at 9:33 p.m.

can we atlas set aside our differences and agree that the kings suck
mytduxfan liked this.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 5:43 a.m.
"I started it" you're the one that lost it over some fantasy trades

BRUH thats the exact same thing I don't understand how you don't see that, nobody wants Bieksa's terrible contract anyways plus he has a NMC that he will not waive unless maybe kegler waives his but then who wants that terrible contract. the D core is fine we need to worry about our GFPG because thats terrible and yeah the D core makes mistakes like they did tonight in Detroit but come on they are playing well, putting pucks on net and doing there jobs.

bruh. I'm concerned with ducks fans then because he's the best we are gonna get for that pairing unless he waives his NMC or Larsson magically gets NHL ready, there is not a team in this league that is willing to pay 4M for bieksa,

so we lose one game against the sharks and all our players are crap, ok then

I ridiculed your horrendous over-valuation of our players and your general asset management skills. There was no anger in my first post or in any of my posts prior to you calling me out as a fan. However, that's the real issue here. I'm attacking your ideas, not you. Why do you feel the need to attack me as a person? You've even made a proposal dedicated to me. It's completely unnecessary. Attack my ideas and my argument, not me. I'm going to be reporting you from now on. It's against the sites rules.

I'm not going to continue arguing that "ALMOST gives up a goal to the opposition every game" has a different meaning to "ALWAYS gives up a goal to the opposition every game". This is basic English. If you can't see those statements are not the same, then I don't really know what to tell you. Regardless, Bieksa literally gave a goal to the opposition in last nights game and cost us at least 1 point, but it's ok because you think he's "fine!". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm done arguing with you. You're clearly watching a different team or, what I suspect is really the case, too stubborn to admit that you're wrong.

I'm fully aware that no one wants Bieksa. Just bench him. He's ****ing awful and costing us severely. No... wait... throwing the puck up the middle of the ice to a waiting Larkin is fine. What am I talking about? Hate to break the news to you, but you don't HAVE TO move Bieksa to not play him. Bench Bieksa and play Larsson over him for all I care. Even if Larsson is out of his depth too, at least he'll be getting some NHL experience for next season. This team isn't making the playoffs anyway, so who cares if Larsson doesn't address the top 4 situation.

Nice hyperbole! I never said "all our players are crap". A weak attempt to blow my argument out of proportion in order to make it look ridiculous. A classic tactic only adopted by those who cannot refute an argument with a logical response.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 4:46 p.m.
I ridiculed your horrendous over-valuation of our players and your general asset management skills. There was no anger in my first post or in any of my posts prior to you calling me out as a fan. However, that's the real issue here. I'm attacking your ideas, not you. Why do you feel the need to attack me as a person? You've even made a proposal dedicated to me. It's completely unnecessary. Attack my ideas and my argument, not me. I'm going to be reporting you from now on. It's against the sites rules.

I'm not going to continue arguing that "ALMOST gives up a goal to the opposition every game" has a different meaning to "ALWAYS gives up a goal to the opposition every game". This is basic English. If you can't see those statements are not the same, then I don't really know what to tell you. Regardless, Bieksa literally gave a goal to the opposition in last nights game and cost us at least 1 point, but it's ok because you think he's "fine!". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm done arguing with you. You're clearly watching a different team or, what I suspect is really the case, too stubborn to admit that you're wrong.

I'm fully aware that no one wants Bieksa. Just bench him. He's ****ing awful and costing us severely. No... wait... throwing the puck up the middle of the ice to a waiting Larkin is fine. What am I talking about? Hate to break the news to you, but you don't HAVE TO move Bieksa to not play him. Bench Bieksa and play Larsson over him for all I care. Even if Larsson is out of his depth too, at least he'll be getting some NHL experience for next season. This team isn't making the playoffs anyway, so who cares if Larsson doesn't address the top 4 situation.

Nice hyperbole! I never said "all our players are crap". A weak attempt to blow my argument out of proportion in order to make it look ridiculous. A classic tactic only adopted by those who cannot refute an argument with a logical response.

lol its an anonymous site I don't see why you're angry

I completely agree with you that bikes is a pile of **** but as of right now its the best we got and I don't mind #TankingForDahlin I'm just saying that bikes doesn't give up a goal every game

well when you say no one wants our crap players it sounds like you're saying everyone is crap
Feb. 14, 2018 at 4:48 p.m.

lol its an anonymous site I don't see why you're angry

I completely agree with you that bikes is a pile of **** but as of right now its the best we got and I don't mind #TankingForDahlin I'm just saying that bikes doesn't give up a goal every game

well when you say no one wants our crap players it sounds like you're saying everyone is crap

listen, I don't want to argue anymore with you than you want to with me, we obviously got off on the wrong foot. forget I ever made these stupid trades and lets restart
mytduxfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll