2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
Apr. 1, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Kings guru
Somebody who finally understands Ryan Merkley. Thank you
Apr. 1, 2018 at 10:46 a.m.
Quoting: MT_11
Somebody who finally understands Ryan Merkley. Thank you

Without Dahlin, he could really contend for the best defensemen in the draft.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 11:15 a.m.
xd
I think Hayton will go higher than that
Doubt Kevin Bahl goes in the 1st round
Alexeyev and K'Andre Miller are 1st round caliber
Hallander maybe more late 1st or early second
Apr. 1, 2018 at 12:57 p.m.
Kings guru
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
Without Dahlin, he could really contend for the best defensemen in the draft.

Deep defensive draft. Definitely still under Boqvist and Bouchard and probably Hughes in my opinion but he's up there for sure. Highly skilled despite his small stature (which is why he's ranked as low as he is)

Like to see Merkley play with a better team and see how well he does
Apr. 1, 2018 at 2:05 p.m.
Quoting: MT_11
Deep defensive draft. Definitely still under Boqvist and Bouchard and probably Hughes in my opinion but he's up there for sure. Highly skilled despite his small stature (which is why he's ranked as low as he is)

Like to see Merkley play with a better team and see how well he does

Agreed, if he was traded to a top OHL team like Hamilton, Barrie, or Sarnia he would definitely be ranked higher. Also, if he was 6'3" or something he might be the best defensemen behind Dahlin and Boqvist. I think the team people play for is often overlooked when ranking players, especially European players.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 2:15 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyWise
I think Hayton will go higher than that
Doubt Kevin Bahl goes in the 1st round
Alexeyev and K'Andre Miller are 1st round caliber
Hallander maybe more late 1st or early second

Bahl is 6'6" and 225 lbs and is bigger than Miller and Alexeyev which is what I expected NYR to be looking for in a defenseman after drafting Merkley who is a smaller defenseman. The same goes for all of the other defensemen drafted above Miller and Alexeyev who are not as good as them, it was just different due to what the teams may need. As for Hayton, I think that he went down in the ranks because of the need for defensemen. I see Hallander as a player who will drop in the ranks because of the abundance of centers.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 6:27 p.m.
Where is Kravtsov? There's no way he's not picked in the 1st round...
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:21 p.m.
Quoting: Trade_is_one_for_one
Where is Kravtsov? There's no way he's not picked in the 1st round...

Only put up 7 points in 35 games in the Kontinental Hockey League, which may be better than any other top prospect in the KHL and VHL but he isn't an A-Level prospect to me.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:37 p.m.
Only put up 7 points in 35 games in the Kontinental Hockey League, which may be better than any other top prospect in the KHL and VHL but he isn't an A-Level prospect to me.

He came off an injury and had a slow start, and I respect that it may hurt his value. But look at his playoff numbers: 11 points in 14 GP with solid play.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:42 p.m.
Quoting: Trade_is_one_for_one
He came off an injury and had a slow start, and I respect that it may hurt his value. But look at his playoff numbers: 11 points in 14 GP with solid play.

To me, he goes with the first pick of the 3rd round or in the place of Aidan Dudas. I'm just unsure because of the fact that he may not be able to produce on North American ice.
Apr. 2, 2018 at 5:27 a.m.
Kings guru
Agreed, if he was traded to a top OHL team like Hamilton, Barrie, or Sarnia he would definitely be ranked higher. Also, if he was 6'3" or something he might be the best defensemen behind Dahlin and Boqvist. I think the team people play for is often overlooked when ranking players, especially European players.

Put him on the point with Conor Timmins in SSM and I guarantee Merkley's points skyrocket. The difference between him and Boqvist is that Boqvist is putting up similar ppg numbers in a much better league while being a similar size.
Most European leagues work differently than in North America, which some people don't understand I feel
Apr. 2, 2018 at 7:55 p.m.
Tweetitrivia
alright, I just don't understand. Why is Milos Roman going 42nd! That is just crazy. I think he would have been landed earlier in the 2nd round.
Apr. 3, 2018 at 3:51 p.m.
Quoting: Tweetitrivia
alright, I just don't understand. Why is Milos Roman going 42nd! That is just crazy. I think he would have been landed earlier in the 2nd round.

I understand that Roman is skilled and could even go in the first round, but the same could be said about Sutter, MacDonald, O'Brien, Kurashev, Kotkov, and even Kotkaniemi.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll