SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft 1.0

Mock Draft 1.0

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: zach_nyr189
Published: Apr. 27, 2018 at 9:09 p.m.
Description
First Round Mock Draft, Top 15 Picks Explained.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesThe Flames are kicking themselves for trading this pick, however Dahlin will change the landscape of the Islander's future. Getting Dahlin will help convince Tavares to stay, and this could really help the Islanders make the playoffs next year.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Best forward in the draft. No doubt. Combination of size, speed, and skill, Svechnikov will be terrorizing NHL defensemen for years to come.
3Logo of the New York Rangers-Best pure goal scorer in the draft, you can bet that the Rangers would love to pair him on a line with Filip Chytil for their careers. Both have been successful with each other at the WJC, and the two of them on the same NHL line will scare opposing teams for the duration of their careers.
4Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres bad lottery luck continues, but Boqvist is not a bad consolation prize. If Dahlin wasn't in this draft, Boqvist would be the top D-man. Very good offensively, however his defensive game is extremely underrated.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-While Quinn Hughes is the better fit here, I think the Senators panic and take Tkachuk a bit too early. Tkachuk is not a bad player by any stretch, but in my opinion he should go around 8, but it his last name will help him go higher.
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Quinn Hughes is the exact eye-popping and smooth skating defenseman the Canadiens need since they've lost Sergachev. He is the best skater in the draft, and will be their powerplay quarterback for the duration of his tenure with the Habs.
7Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Bouchard is a one-man breakout, and most teams would love to add a guy like Bouchard. He has proven he can play in any situation, and his 87 points in 67 games as a defenseman will have the Red Wings salivating as he is an anchor on their blue line for years to come.
8Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-His dynamic combination of speed and size alone would get him drafted in the top ten, but his absolute laser beam of a shot, with dead-on accuracy, could have him pushed into the top 5. Wahlstrom would be a top six player on the Canucks right away.
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Very poised on the blue line, there is no situation Smith can't handle. One of the top blue liners in the draft, Smith also brings a strong offensive game to the table.
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-The best 1-on-1 defender in the draft, Dobson has the ability to stop an opponent in their tracks, then move the puck to start an odd-man rush the other way. Dobson to McDavid stretch passes could become a sight to see in Edmonton.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-The best center in the draft, Veleno can play in all positions, and has the upside to become a first line center. The only problem for Veleno is putting it all together, but if he can do it, he will be a scary matchup for opponents his whole career.
12Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Barrett Hayton has shown a good knack for being in the right place at the right time. He is also very solid defensively, but was able to show a lot of flashiness to his game later in the year as well as the playoffs. Biggest question mark with him is skating.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-I think Joel Farabee slips to 13, where the Stars get a steal. Farabee is by far the hardest working player in the draft, but he is also extremely skilled. He played alongside Oliver Wahlstrom on the NTDP, and they were a dynamic duo. I could see Farabee develop into a top line player that will give defenders nightmares.
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesThis draft isn't great at center, but Kupari is fantastic. He is quick and skilled, and has helped Karpat make it far in their league's playoffs. I could also see the Flyers take Wilde at 14, but I think Kupari fits their mold better.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-Bode Wilde is electric with the puck, and has a booming shot from the point. Standing at 6' 2" 195 lbs, Wilde has the size and speed to burn the opposition and protect the puck effectively. He needs to work on his decision-making, as sometimes he allows odd-man rushes coming back, but he can be a top 2 defenseman on any team if he learns when to, and when not to join the rush.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the Washington Capitals-
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
31Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville Predators
Apr. 27, 2018 at 9:33 p.m.
xd
Didn't know Svechnikov was a defenseman
Apr. 27, 2018 at 10:12 p.m.
It doesn't say he's a defenseman. Did you not read the part where it says "Best forward in the draft"? Or the part where it says he'll be terrorizing NHL defensemen for years to come?
Apr. 27, 2018 at 10:31 p.m.
Nice. I agree with your reasoning and descriptions.

But I mostly like it because you didn’t have the Isles picking Farabee.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll