$3,750,000$3,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    Zadina, Filip
    $925,000$925,000
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $1,166,667$1,166,667
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 6
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 8
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 8
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $4,625,000$4,625,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 19, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
    BigBeardBurns
    U cant underpay for that cake, now. The store won’t let u walk out
    May 19, 2018 at 2:22 p.m.
    KeepingItChill
    Quoting: BigBeardBurns
    U cant underpay for that cake, now. The store won’t let u walk out

But it was on sale frown
    May 19, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
    I just do not see the Blues, Canes or Kings agreeing to those deals. I think the blues would only agree if Pacioretty agrees to a sign and trade, then maybe that would work, but I am not sure the Blues want to give up their only first rounder (remember they gave their own first in the Schenn trade), and even then they are high on Thomas. If the blues see themselves starting over and holding onto their youth, then they'll pass.

I do not think Galchenyuk has produced enough to warrant that return. He has not proven to be a dependable center, and his totals are unimpressive compared to what you are asking for. I think the kings would ask for picks if they are moving Carter for Galchenyuk, not the other way around.

Lastly, Lindholm has been more impressive than Lehkonen to date, and again I think the pick should go in the other direction. I also think Lindholm would field more impressive offers than the one you suggested.

Nevertheless, I think you are going in the right direction. I would add that the Habs should move Shaw (because you do not need a 4th liner with that cap hit), and also trade Petry if they do in fact sign Carlson (because Carlson plays the right side, not the left) (I also think Carlson would never sign with MTL anyway).
    May 19, 2018 at 2:41 p.m.
    Not a chance Blues make that trade.
    May 19, 2018 at 2:42 p.m.
    KeepingItChill
    Quoting: rja
    I just do not see the Blues, Canes or Kings agreeing to those deals. I think the blues would only agree if Pacioretty agrees to a sign and trade, then maybe that would work, but I am not sure the Blues want to give up their only first rounder (remember they gave their own first in the Schenn trade), and even then they are high on Thomas. If the blues see themselves starting over and holding onto their youth, then they'll pass.

I do not think Galchenyuk has produced enough to warrant that return. He has not proven to be a dependable center, and his totals are unimpressive compared to what you are asking for. I think the kings would ask for picks if they are moving Carter for Galchenyuk, not the other way around.

Lastly, Lindholm has been more impressive than Lehkonen to date, and again I think the pick should go in the other direction. I also think Lindholm would field more impressive offers than the one you suggested.

Nevertheless, I think you are going in the right direction. I would add that the Habs should move Shaw (because you do not need a 4th liner with that cap hit), and also trade Petry if they do in fact sign Carlson (because Carlson plays the right side, not the left) (I also think Carlson would never sign with MTL anyway).

Right. Here's what my logic was.

LA needs a better scoring winger. The main ideas with LA kings trades we're centered around sending Pacioretty for Vilardi (Older winger for young center). Since we know that's not going to happen, I tried the other way around, older center for young winger/center flex. If we learned anything from LA in the playoffs this year, they needs more goals. We don't have the center talent to be able to let Galchenyuk flourish, but on a proper team... Glachenyuk on the wing with Kopitar would be flippin' bonkers if he can get his stuff together.

St Louis holds the last first round pick (31st OVA) Which is borderline a 2nd. They also have another center prospect in the mix, Jordan Kyrou, who will most likely make the team next season. Shwartz was fantastic, Steen was alright but he seems to be slowing down. They could use another great winger to solidify their top roster. Pacioretty is a scoring machine when he's not the one driving the offence. I feel if they want to round out their top 6, they can afford to drop a prospect where their are deep regardless.

Lindholm trade was not so great, I'll admit. I don't even know where he'll fit on the team, but I'll probably review that on another armchair.

Montreal DESPERATLY needs one of the top UFAs this season, if they want to compete next year. I'm worried we don't have a good pairing for Carlson if we put him on the Right, so I'm wondering how good he'll be with Weber if we pair those two.

It's sometimes hard making trades with rose tinted glasses, haha.
    May 19, 2018 at 3:05 p.m.
    Quoting: KeepingItChill
    Right. Here's what my logic was.

LA needs a better scoring winger. The main ideas with LA kings trades we're centered around sending Pacioretty for Vilardi (Older winger for young center). Since we know that's not going to happen, I tried the other way around, older center for young winger/center flex. If we learned anything from LA in the playoffs this year, they needs more goals. We don't have the center talent to be able to let Galchenyuk flourish, but on a proper team... Glachenyuk on the wing with Kopitar would be flippin' bonkers if he can get his stuff together.

St Louis holds the last first round pick (31st OVA) Which is borderline a 2nd. They also have another center prospect in the mix, Jordan Kyrou, who will most likely make the team next season. Shwartz was fantastic, Steen was alright but he seems to be slowing down. They could use another great winger to solidify their top roster. Pacioretty is a scoring machine when he's not the one driving the offence. I feel if they want to round out their top 6, they can afford to drop a prospect where their are deep regardless.

Lindholm trade was not so great, I'll admit. I don't even know where he'll fit on the team, but I'll probably review that on another armchair.

Montreal DESPERATLY needs one of the top UFAs this season, if they want to compete next year. I'm worried we don't have a good pairing for Carlson if we put him on the Right, so I'm wondering how good he'll be with Weber if we pair those two.

It's sometimes hard making trades with rose tinted glasses, haha.

I can make one too and provide a link if you want, but to summarize I actually think it would be better for the Habs to wait a season, struggle again, and then use the early round pick and the huge amount of cap space and seriously compete the following season.
    - Trade pacioretty for the highest return you can get and move on from that. Trade shaw to dump his cap, and do not worry about the return; dumping his contract is essential. If possible, see if you could move Alzner as well. The point is to dump these older vets and create cap space. In other words, any player moving toward the age of 30 with exception to Weber (because I do not think anyone will want his contract) should be shopped. If you like Petry, then I guess you could keep him, but I would shop him too.
    - Do not handcuff yourself to a player that eats a large chunk of salary (e.g. Carter) when there is a really great UFA class after the 18-19 season with a lot of talented centers (if I'm the Habs it seems as though the Sharks will not be able to easily afford Couture and I would look into him...) and defensemen (OEL, Doughty, Ryan Ellis to name a few).
    - I would draft young wingers with your early round picks this draft and next (looks like Zadina will be the pick this year).

These are just the main points, and I think in the long run the Habs would be better off with this route. But that's just me.
    May 19, 2018 at 3:13 p.m.
    KeepingItChill
    Quoting: rja
    I can make one too and provide a link if you want, but to summarize I actually think it would be better for the Habs to wait a season, struggle again, and then use the early round pick and the huge amount of cap space and seriously compete the following season.
    - Trade pacioretty for the highest return you can get and move on from that. Trade shaw to dump his cap, and do not worry about the return; dumping his contract is essential. If possible, see if you could move Alzner as well. The point is to dump these older vets and create cap space. In other words, any player moving toward the age of 30 with exception to Weber (because I do not think anyone will want his contract) should be shopped. If you like Petry, then I guess you could keep him, but I would shop him too.
    - Do not handcuff yourself to a player that eats a large chunk of salary (e.g. Carter) when there is a really great UFA class after the 18-19 season with a lot of talented centers (if I'm the Habs it seems as though the Sharks will not be able to easily afford Couture and I would look into him...) and defensemen (OEL, Doughty, Ryan Ellis to name a few).
    - I would draft young wingers with your early round picks this draft and next (looks like Zadina will be the pick this year).

These are just the main points, and I think in the long run the Habs would be better off with this route. But that's just me.

Whould these types of decisions be great? Absolutely. I wouldn't mind watching a young roster tank and develop for a year, and the year following be a contender.

The problem is the position our GM is in, and what he needs to do to keep his job. I don't see him returning with the Montreal Canadiens next year if we miss the playoffs. In the long run, Montreal would be better constructed and would have the tools nessisary to compete for the cup, but that would be career suicide for Bergevin. I see us favouring a retool, keeping Shaw/Alzner out of spite, and trying for a run, even with all the holes we have. Either way, this year is going to set the rhythm for the next few years.
    May 19, 2018 at 3:14 p.m.
    Quoting: KeepingItChill
    Whould these types of decisions be great? Absolutely. I wouldn't mind watching a young roster tank and develop for a year, and the year following be a contender.

The problem is the position our GM is in, and what he needs to do to keep his job. I don't see him returning with the Montreal Canadiens next year if we miss the playoffs. In the long run, Montreal would be better constructed and would have the tools nessisary to compete for the cup, but that would be career suicide for Bergevin. I see us favouring a retool, keeping Shaw/Alzner out of spite, and trying for a run, even with all the holes we have. Either way, this year is going to set the rhythm for the next few years.

Yeah but I guess I am operating under the assumption that they fire him and replace him with a sensible GM....haha.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll