Mock Draft 2.0

Mock Draft 2.0

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: zach_nyr189
Published: May 23, 2018 at 7:24 p.m.
Description
Explanations for first 15 picks.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Easiest pick in the whole draft. Even the Sabres couldn't screw this up.
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Svechnikov, Necas, and Aho will be tearing up the league for years to come. Watch out for the Canes next year.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-While I think Zadina is the better talent, I see Bergevin opting for the grittier skill guy. Tkachuk will be a mainstay on their first line for years to come.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Best goal scorer in the draft joining a team who struggled to score. Perfect fit.
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Best skater in the draft by a mile. Will run the Yote's powerplay, and is very underrated defensively.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Big and poised, Bouchard is also known to be at the top end of the Wing's draft board. One of the best possession players in the OHL last year, and 87 points in 67 games is pretty damn good as well.
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-While Wahlstrom announced that he'll be playing at Boston College next year, I don't think it will affect his draft positioning. He's a perfect fit on the Canucks.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Best 1-on-1 defender in the draft, Dobson has also had a really strong showing throughout the Memorial Cup.
9Logo of the New York Rangers-Before I get flamed about Boqvist at 9, let me explain. I think he will be the surprise faller, as he hasn't really been talked about a ton in many NHL circles, and the fact he may be a couple of years away might scare teams away. The Rangers have shown that they don't expect to be competitive this coming year, or even the year after, so I think they jump all over him.
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Smooth skating and poised, if the Oiler decided to trade Klefbom this summer, they have the perfect replacement.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-Farabee is by far the hardest working player in the draft, but he is also extremely skilled. He played alongside Oliver Wahlstrom on the NTDP, and they were a dynamic duo. I could see Farabee develop into a top line player that will give defenders nightmares.
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesThe best center in the draft, Veleno can play in all positions, and has the upside to become a first line center. The only problem for Veleno is putting it all together, but if he can do it, he will be a scary matchup for opponents his whole career. Would be another nice add for the Isles.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-The skilled Finnish forward has seen a rise in his draft stock, and deservedly so. Quick and creative with the puck, Kotkaniemi is a matchup nightmare for almost all defensemen.
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesBarrett Hayton has shown a good knack for being in the right place at the right time. He is also very solid defensively, but was able to show a lot of flashiness to his game later in the year as well as in the playoffs. Biggest question mark with him is skating.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-While he is labeled as a project, Noel's combination of size and skill is tough to pass up. His strong performance at the U18's could help his draft stock a lot.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville Predators
28Logo of the Washington Capitals-
29Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
30Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
31Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
May 23, 2018 at 7:46 p.m.
Would hate those picks as a Flyers fan.
May 24, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Huntzy
What a great draft I loove the explanations please make another mock before the draft to help mine wink
May 24, 2018 at 3:22 p.m.
NY Rangers
I read an article today that Kotkaniemi could even be in the top 5 after how he played at the U18's. Seems like most sources have him as the top C over Veleno.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll