Draft Class: 2018
Created By: PJM
Published: Jun. 5, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.
No way Chicago takes Kotkaniemi over Boqvist
Jun. 5, 2018 at 3:02 p.m.
Quoting: PanarinBread72
No way Chicago takes Kotkaniemi over Boqvist

You don't like the gamble? Boqvist is without a doubt the safe choice, but Kotkaniemi is a potential home run! I would not be surprised if Detroit selects him.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 3:22 p.m.
Quoting: PJM
You don't like the gamble? Boqvist is without a doubt the safe choice, but Kotkaniemi is a potential home run! I would not be surprised if Detroit selects him.

Yes but Chicago desperately needs defense and it is not worth the gamble I feel
HawksFan28 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2018 at 4:07 p.m.
Quoting: PanarinBread72
Yes but Chicago desperately needs defense and it is not worth the gamble I feel

Hawks need defense, but need center too. Jokiharju and Krys are good prospect in D for Chicago. In the center there was no good prospect since Schmaltz.

Anyway, in the top 10 you take the best player available, no matter the position. Boqvist and Kotkaniemi are two great pick... and the Rangers will take the remaining player!
Jun. 6, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.
HawksFan28
The only forwards the Hawks would take over any of the defenseman are Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

I would love Dobson, Boqvist or Bouchard (in that order).....

This is going to be a difficult draft, because the top 10 players in this draft would be top 3 players in a "normal" draft....

The problem with Boqvist is that he even admits he's 2-3 years away from the NHL, while Dobson and Bouchard believe they're NHL ready, and many scouts agree that Dobson is NHL ready so.....

The same goes for Tkachuk and Wahlstrom...... I know Tkachuk wants to go the NCAA route but he said it depends on who drafts him and what role the team that drafts him plans to give him......

So when you consider that, and given the Hawks window - I really think they're going to take a defenseman if Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are off the board and the defenseman they will take will be a defenseman that is NHL ready or close to NHL ready - close like next season..

This is a crazy draft tho...
Jun. 6, 2018 at 6:36 p.m.
HawksFan28
Hawks need defense, but need center too. Jokiharju and Krys are good prospect in D for Chicago. In the center there was no good prospect since Schmaltz.

Anyway, in the top 10 you take the best player available, no matter the position. Boqvist and Kotkaniemi are two great pick... and the Rangers will take the remaining player!

We don't need a center - we have centers coming out of our eyeballs...

We have:

Toews
Schmaltz
Anisimov
Ejdsell
Hinostroza
Hayden

The list goes on and on..

What the Hawks need is defense or a top 6 left winger like Wahlstrom or Tkachuk..
Jun. 6, 2018 at 6:39 p.m.
HawksFan28

Boqvist is 2-3 years away and he even admits it........ I think he will be a stud but I don't think the Hawks want to wait 2-3 years when they're drafting 8th overall...

Dobson is their guy, after that Bouchard..

TBH, I could see the Hawks swing a major deal at the draft and try to snag Ottawa's pick (with Bobby Ryan), or one or both of the Islanders picks (in a deal for Crawford +)....
Jun. 8, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
We don't need a center - we have centers coming out of our eyeballs...

We have:

Toews
Schmaltz
Anisimov
Ejdsell
Hinostroza
Hayden

The list goes on and on..

What the Hawks need is defense or a top 6 left winger like Wahlstrom or Tkachuk..

Toews : 30 years old
Schmaltz : Yeah I mentioned Schmaltz
Anisimov : 30 years old
Ejdsell, Hinostroza and Hayden : These players are 23-24 years old. You think one of them will be a top line center?

Sorry, but the depth and the future of the Hawks centers is not super strong...
Jun. 8, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
Boqvist is 2-3 years away and he even admits it........ I think he will be a stud but I don't think the Hawks want to wait 2-3 years when they're drafting 8th overall...

Dobson is their guy, after that Bouchard..

TBH, I could see the Hawks swing a major deal at the draft and try to snag Ottawa's pick (with Bobby Ryan), or one or both of the Islanders picks (in a deal for Crawford +)....

Dobson will be out before #8. If the Hawks absolutely want a D, Boqvist is a must. Far ahead of Bouchard!
Jun. 8, 2018 at 5:12 p.m.
HawksFan28
Toews : 30 years old
Schmaltz : Yeah I mentioned Schmaltz
Anisimov : 30 years old
Ejdsell, Hinostroza and Hayden : These players are 23-24 years old. You think one of them will be a top line center?

Sorry, but the depth and the future of the Hawks centers is not super strong...

So what if Toews is 30, he's still an excellent center....

Anisimov will be traded anyway - like I said - the Hawks have centers coming out of their eyeballs..... Go look at the roster...... The Hawks are set at #1 Toews and #2 Schmaltz.... Toews is no where CLOSE to falling off a cliff.... Sure Toews had a difficult time last season in the offensive category - however Toews is still and elite defensive center that can score 60 points a season...

Ejdsell is basically a clone of Anisimov and he's young, and I see him being an ideal #3 center for years to come...

The Hawks don't need to draft a center....

The Hawks are going to draft a defenseman if Tkachuk doesn't slip to 8 (which is doubtful), Ill concede this - they MAY draft Wahlstrom if he slips to 8 as well, but IMO - the Hawks are going to take Dobson or Bouchard at 8.... The Hawks need D WAY more than they need a center and you can't pass on a defenseman in this draft especially at 8...... At 8 the Hawks will get a sure-fire top 4 or perhaps top 2 defenseman...

I will say this much tho, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Hawks trade up to take Veleno if he starts slipping in the draft...... Or package up the 27th overall with someone to move into the top #15 to snag a forward if they don't take one at 8th overall. But I think Veleno is a guy that coach Q would love to have and I'm sure he's drooling over the notion the Hawks just might be able to snag him (at the right price)...
Jun. 8, 2018 at 5:27 p.m.
HawksFan28
Dobson will be out before #8. If the Hawks absolutely want a D, Boqvist is a must. Far ahead of Bouchard!

Boqvist is 3 years away.......The Hawks will want a defenseman that is at the very most 2 years out.... Ideally they want a guy that can step in for the 19-20 season.

And I agree, Boqvist is going to be an excellent "Karlsson type" defenseman........ TBH, Boqvist will go before Dobson or Bouchard...

I got it going like this (barring trades):

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
4. Boqvist
5. Tkachuk
6. Wahlstrom
7. Hughes/Bouchard
8. Dobson
9. Hughes/Bouchard
10. Ty Smith (unless Edmonton goes with the best player available and drafts ANOTHER forward).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll