Forums/Armchair-GM

Broons offseason

Created by: cnil4
Team: 2018-19 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 7, 2018
Published: Jun. 9, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Carolina trade might be a bit of a lowball, but other than that, I don't think this is a bad roster. JVR adds more scoring to this really strong top 6 (he had 36 goals and led the Leafs in goals scored, that's pretty good), all 4 forward lines are pretty strong and I think everyone on the 4th can benefit from having JFK on that line. Only thing I struggled with was trying to find a 7th D-man, but I don't think Jerabek would be a bad idea for one year. Also with the money that's coming off the books for them, they'll have space to sign guys like McAvoy, Carlo, Donato, etc. A good in-season goal would be to move David Backes for some cap relief. Anyway, here's another Bruins roster from me, let me know if you have any better moves here
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,300,000
2$1,300,000
7$5,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$6,000,000
1$1,250,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2018 3rd round pick (NYI)
BOS
  1. 2019 4th round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
The Rights to Noah Hanifin
CAR
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$80,000,000$74,377,335$774,000$3,732,500$5,622,665

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$916,667$916,667
RW, C
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD
UFA - 6
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$789,167$789,167
RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 9, 2018 at 12:34 p.m.
Oh god here we go again. I’m spunding like a broken record at this point but...

Canes are looking for a Seth Jones for Ryan Johansson type trade. D for FW preferably a center. They have stated it. B’s asked last offseason....Canes wanted Pasta. Yes they have a new owner and Francis has been moved upstairs. Does not change what they want or need. If the best player coming over in the trade is Hanafin’s replacement....they fail. Better off just signing him long term. They don’t need to move him. They are willing to but not just for the sake of trading him. They get a young star forward or they hold him.

While i like JVR they don’t need another LW
Jun. 9, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
I'll keep this short, canes say no thank you
Jun. 9, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
Oh god here we go again. I’m spunding like a broken record at this point but...

Canes are looking for a Seth Jones for Ryan Johansson type trade. D for FW preferably a center. They have stated it. B’s asked last offseason....Canes wanted Pasta. Yes they have a new owner and Francis has been moved upstairs. Does not change what they want or need. If the best player coming over in the trade is Hanafin’s replacement....they fail. Better off just signing him long term. They don’t need to move him. They are willing to but not just for the sake of trading him. They get a young star forward or they hold him.

While i like JVR they don’t need another LW

First of all, you don't have to get all uptight about this. I think the Canes + you (even though you're a Bruins fan) way overvalue Noah Hanifin. Sure he's good and all, but let's not act like he's untouchable, I don't even think he's gonna be as good as Charlie McAvoy long-term. I feel like it'd be a gamble to get him, but I love the idea of having a first d-pairing of Hanifin-McAvoy. The other option here would be to not make a big move on a defenseman, stay put for a season and let Zboril, Vaakanainen and Lauzon develop for another year. But hey, this wouldn't be the worst move for either team here. The Canes get a top defensive prospect, a top 4-6 defenseman and Danton Heinen who had 48 points while not being in the top 6. Honestly the Canes would be smarter to get multiple pieces out of it whereas the Bruins get a piece that they want as well. You could go with either Klefbom from Edmonton, who I wouldn't give Krug up for because I simply don't think he's as good. You could also go with Slavin, who I'd frankly be okay with, but the upside on Hanifin is probably higher.

And then my reason for signing JVR is that he's a goal-scorer and this team could always use more of that. I'd prefer a right-winger here as well, especially after trading Danton Heinen, but I don't think Simmonds is worth trying to move more pieces for, but then again, it's a possibility that the best thing you could do with this team is just re-sign a few guys and guarantee you have enough cap to sign the young guys long-term. I'm just curious to see what moves they will make this offseason
Jun. 9, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Quoting: Shifttee
I'll keep this short, canes say no thank you

I'm curious to hear what you're thinking
Jun. 9, 2018 at 2:21 p.m.
Quoting: cnil4
I'm curious to hear what you're thinking

It does not address the teams needs (top 6 scoring center, or RW help)

Carolina is looking to move Faulk over Hanifin, (not that Hanifin's name hasn't been in rumors) But if he is gonna go it's going to be for a big piece (like the rumor of Hanifin to Vancouver for the 7th overall pick and a prospect) (or Hanifin to Buffalo for Ryan O'Riley)

It's not necessarily that the trade is bad in terms of value, it just doesn't give Carolina anything they need

Heinin is an Interesting young center, but he is about equal to Victor Rask that we already have

Zboril is a decent D-prospect, but we have 2 better young D in Haydn Fleury and Jake Bean looking for playing time, so Zboril just gets lost in the depth

Having Krug as your center piece just complicates our D even more
Gofnut999 liked this.
Jun. 9, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
First of all, you don't have to get all uptight about this. I think the Canes + you (even though you're a Bruins fan) way overvalue Noah Hanifin. Sure he's good and all, but let's not act like he's untouchable, I don't even think he's gonna be as good as Charlie McAvoy long-term. I feel like it'd be a gamble to get him, but I love the idea of having a first d-pairing of Hanifin-McAvoy. The other option here would be to not make a big move on a defenseman, stay put for a season and let Zboril, Vaakanainen and Lauzon develop for another year. But hey, this wouldn't be the worst move for either team here. The Canes get a top defensive prospect, a top 4-6 defenseman and Danton Heinen who had 48 points while not being in the top 6. Honestly the Canes would be smarter to get multiple pieces out of it whereas the Bruins get a piece that they want as well. You could go with either Klefbom from Edmonton, who I wouldn't give Krug up for because I simply don't think he's as good. You could also go with Slavin, who I'd frankly be okay with, but the upside on Hanifin is probably higher.

And then my reason for signing JVR is that he's a goal-scorer and this team could always use more of that. I'd prefer a right-winger here as well, especially after trading Danton Heinen, but I don't think Simmonds is worth trying to move more pieces for, but then again, it's a possibility that the best thing you could do with this team is just re-sign a few guys and guarantee you have enough cap to sign the young guys long-term. I'm just curious to see what moves they will make this offseason

1- there have been literally hundreds of these posts for the last 2 years. I’m getting sick of them.
2. I don’t overvalue Hanifin or any player. I keep emotions out of it. Honestly you way OVERPAID for him.
3. Does not matter what you or I think. As i said the Canes have made it clear that they would trade him and what they want for him. Unfortunately ACGM s only her the first part of that and keep proposing things that they have no interest in or does not help them. Some are ridiculuos, some are fair value but don’t help them and isn’t what they are looking for. Remember just because it’s an even trade talent wise does not mean it’s a good one for both teams.
Jun. 9, 2018 at 2:26 p.m.

Carolina is looking to move Faulk over Hanifin, (not that Hanifin's name hasn't been in rumors) But if he is gonna go it's going to be for a big piece (like the rumor of Hanifin to Vancouver for the 7th overall pick and a prospect) (or Hanifin to Buffalo for Ryan O'Riley)

It's not necessarily that the trade is bad in terms of value, it just doesn't give Carolina anything they need

Heinin is an Interesting young center, but he is about equal to Victor Rask that we already have

Zboril is a decent D-prospect, but we have 2 better young D in Haydn Fleury and Jake Bean looking for playing time, so Zboril just gets lost in the depth

Exactly
Jun. 9, 2018 at 4:01 p.m.

To be honest, like most people, I absolutely can assure you that I didn't even think to look at Carolina's current roster situation and probably should have. Your point about Zboril makes a lot of sense, I think that Haydn Fleury's definitely better than him right now, time will tell with Jake Bean but I can see why you'd think this. I'm not even gonna argue the point about Heinen here, that's pretty spot on. Thank you for explaining.
Jun. 9, 2018 at 4:12 p.m.
1- there have been literally hundreds of these posts for the last 2 years. I’m getting sick of them.
2. I don’t overvalue Hanifin or any player. I keep emotions out of it. Honestly you way OVERPAID for him.
3. Does not matter what you or I think. As i said the Canes have made it clear that they would trade him and what they want for him. Unfortunately ACGM s only her the first part of that and keep proposing things that they have no interest in or does not help them. Some are ridiculuos, some are fair value but don’t help them and isn’t what they are looking for. Remember just because it’s an even trade talent wise does not mean it’s a good one for both teams.

Yeah, I've heard his name tossed around in Bruins trade rumors since before he was drafted, most of them either sound like they offer too little, too much or just the wrong pieces (I've done all 3 of these in ACGMs tbh). I understand where you're coming from though
Jun. 9, 2018 at 4:24 p.m.
Yeah, I've heard his name tossed around in Bruins trade rumors since before he was drafted, most of them either sound like they offer too little, too much or just the wrong pieces (I've done all 3 of these in ACGMs tbh). I understand where you're coming from though

Wasn’t trying to be dick, if it came across that way i apologize.
Jun. 9, 2018 at 4:28 p.m.
Wasn’t trying to be dick, if it came across that way i apologize.

Lol it's all good

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll