LW
UFA
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,732,500$1,732,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$5,760,000$5,760,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
RD
UFA - 5
$1,600,000$1,600,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$625,000$625,000
RD
UFA - 1
$600,000$600,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 21, 2015 at 3:01 p.m.
SJsharksBlogger
Oduya at 5 million? BARF

Barf at Glenncross and Stafford too.

For the love of god, if you want a Winger UFA, look at Frolik.

if you want defensemen, look at Sekera/Green
Jun. 21, 2015 at 5:35 p.m.
GlebMinsk
Quoting: J0e_Th0rnton
Oduya at 5 million? BARF

Thank you for your review,this is only my first version.Maybe I agree that Frolik seems more interesting than Stafford.I consider in the contract Glencross there is nothing wrong,it is important for the depth of attack.
if we talk about defense,I find Mike Green is not the best option for this team,Sekera good choice,as well as the Oduya,I like this guy, maybe not be so expensive, but I would like see him in the team.and I forgot about Dillon)
Jun. 21, 2015 at 5:37 p.m.
GlebMinsk
Oduya at 5 million? BARF

Thank you for your review,this is only my first version.Maybe I agree that Frolik seems more interesting than Stafford.I consider in the contract Glencross there is nothing wrong,it is important for the depth of attack.
if we talk about defense,I find Mike Green is not the best option for this team,Sekera good choice,as well as the Oduya,I like this guy, maybe not be so expensive, but I would like see him in the team.and I forgot about Dillon)
Jun. 22, 2015 at 8:34 a.m.
SJsharksBlogger
No prob. Stafford had a bounceback with the jets no doubt. But Frolik is an all purpose forward. Plays the PK, PP and 5 on 5 and is very good defensively, playing on that jets shutdown line.

I see him as a great RW for Marleau/Couture as they tend to get the shutdown assignments and he is 2 years younger. For the record, Marleau is not waiving. you could tell who was eager to see Tmac go from who showed up supporting the new coach at the presser. Marleau/Wingels/Stalock. Stalock was in a bind. He could get a shutout and still get benched the next game. Happened twice last season. Marleau was less motivated than ever. Not sure about Wingels.

Hertl/Tierney/ Wingels or Nieto was so effective in the last 15 games of the season that I would love to see more of it. You may want to recall Tierney lol. Tierney was scoring at a PPG clip in the final 12 games and him and Hertl found genuine chemistry. He is a lock to make the team.

but Oduya is 33 years old, and merely average and certainly not an offensive force. We have enough defense first Dmen. In fact, all of them but Burns are not a threat. We need to balance the threat of a point shot on our blueline across pairings. As it is, teams can cheat to cover our forwards due to lack of a threat from the point when Burns is on the bench. Irwin is not the answer either. All he has in an NHL caliber shot. His skating and gap control are awful.

if Spurgeon is being shopped, Sharks should look into it. But also look into Sekera and Green. Green just put up 45 points from the 3rd pairing with reduced PP time. Say what you ill about him, but Burns has been just as unhealthy over the years.

Vlasic/Burns
Dillon/Braun
Mueller/???????

Edit: I just realized. you forgot to resign RFA Dillon. 4x the player Irwin is, so you may want to edit this lol.

Just stay away from Franson lol. The guy wants the moon and sucks.

As for forward depth. We have some promising prospects in the system. We just signed Donskoi, who was playing great in his league and was a PPG player at the WC. look him up on youtube. Kid has moves, top 6 potential and could make the team right out of camp, barring severe problems getting used to north american rinks.

Goldobin is a guy I think needs another year in the AHL, despite many hoping he makes the team. He is a top 6 or bust, as he lacks in aspects of the game other than offense and looks like a stickfigure being pushed around by AHL men. Guys like Chartier and Lebanc will challenge for a spot too.

For once we have great forward depth in our system, despite lack of bluechips.
Jun. 22, 2015 at 8:48 a.m.
SJsharksBlogger
The other thing I am looking at when considering UFA contracts are future contracts and cap situation to our RFA's. Don't want to get into a bing like a lot of teams do.

Hertl and Nieto will be looking for contract extensions next offseason. Glencross is 32 and I hesitate to give him a 3.5 million contract given he has been producing less than them with injury history the past 3 seasons.
Jun. 24, 2015 at 3:27 p.m.
GlebMinsk
No prob. Stafford had a bounceback with the jets no doubt. But Frolik is an all purpose forward. Plays the PK, PP and 5 on 5 and is very good defensively, playing on that jets shutdown line.

I see him as a great RW for Marleau/Couture as they tend to get the shutdown assignments and he is 2 years younger. For the record, Marleau is not waiving. you could tell who was eager to see Tmac go from who showed up supporting the new coach at the presser. Marleau/Wingels/Stalock. Stalock was in a bind. He could get a shutout and still get benched the next game. Happened twice last season. Marleau was less motivated than ever. Not sure about Wingels.

Hertl/Tierney/ Wingels or Nieto was so effective in the last 15 games of the season that I would love to see more of it. You may want to recall Tierney lol. Tierney was scoring at a PPG clip in the final 12 games and him and Hertl found genuine chemistry. He is a lock to make the team.

but Oduya is 33 years old, and merely average and certainly not an offensive force. We have enough defense first Dmen. In fact, all of them but Burns are not a threat. We need to balance the threat of a point shot on our blueline across pairings. As it is, teams can cheat to cover our forwards due to lack of a threat from the point when Burns is on the bench. Irwin is not the answer either. All he has in an NHL caliber shot. His skating and gap control are awful.

if Spurgeon is being shopped, Sharks should look into it. But also look into Sekera and Green. Green just put up 45 points from the 3rd pairing with reduced PP time. Say what you ill about him, but Burns has been just as unhealthy over the years.

Vlasic/Burns
Dillon/Braun
Mueller/???????

Edit: I just realized. you forgot to resign RFA Dillon. 4x the player Irwin is, so you may want to edit this lol.

As for forward depth. We have some promising prospects in the system. We just signed Donskoi, who was playing great in his league and was a PPG player at the WC. look him up on youtube. Kid has moves, top 6 potential and could make the team right out of camp, barring severe problems getting used to north american rinks.

Goldobin is a guy I think needs another year in the AHL, despite many hoping he makes the team. He is a top 6 or bust, as he lacks in aspects of the game other than offense and looks like a stickfigure being pushed around by AHL men. Guys like Chartier and Lebanc will challenge for a spot too.

So many thoughts, that's good)Marleau will remain in the team, I do not think that he would remove NTC,but I strongly doubt that he will return to his level,unfortunately age influences on his game.
Agree about Alex, he did not get a lot of chances.I believe that Wingels will be okay, especially if be able to play more stable.it is important to be able to add how youth players, Hertl has been difficult season of course.I really like Berns,but I prefer the he as a striker, too many mistakes in the defense now,but at the World Cup, he was really good in defense.
Donskoi was really good at the World Cup, and in the playoffs of his league is really important.I am confident in Goldobin all will be well he has a great hands, hockey IQ and skating, I think it will be useful to a year in the AHL, to add to power of.
What do you think whom should choose sharks in the draft?
Jun. 24, 2015 at 4:09 p.m.
SJsharksBlogger
Quoting: GlebMinsk

Vlasic/Burns
Dillon/Braun
Mueller/???????

So many thoughts, that's good)Marleau will remain in the team, I do not think that he would remove NTC,but I strongly doubt that he will return to his level,unfortunately age influences on his game.
Agree about Alex, he did not get a lot of chances.I believe that Wingels will be okay, especially if be able to play more stable.it is important to be able to add how youth players, Hertl has been difficult season of course.I really like Berns,but I prefer the he as a striker, too many mistakes in the defense now,but at the World Cup, he was really good in defense.
Donskoi was really good at the World Cup, and in the playoffs of his league is really important.I am confident in Goldobin all will be well he has a great hands, hockey IQ and skating, I think it will be useful to a year in the AHL, to add to power of.
What do you think whom should choose sharks in the draft?

Depends. We need defense more than Forwards. Provorov or Werenski are my top 2. If neither of them are available(A distinct possibility since Provorov's stock has risen and Columbus needs a Dman too), then I say we trade the 9th pick back to 12th or 13th and get another 2nd rounder.

Why You ask? Because the players likely left, Barzal, Zacha, Rentenan, Meier, Connor, Crouse, are all very equal to me on the boards. I would be happy with ANY of those guys. Getting another 2nd rounder would possibly allow us to nab one of the top goalie Prospects. Blackwood, Samsonov or Vladar. Our goalie pool is near empty.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll