2$2,550,000
2$1,550,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$9,200,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Gostisbehere, Shayne
Additional Details:
Considering Sanhiem, Provorov and Morin are all potential top 4 left shot D in the flyers system, maybe ghost is the odd man out?
PHI
  1. Byron, Paul ($1,400,000 retained)
  2. Juulsen, Noah
  3. Tatar, Tomas
  4. 2019 2nd round pick (CBJ)
  5. 2020 3rd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Flyers get a top 6 winger, with decent term over the next 2 years in tatar, and a top 9 20 goal scorer who can fly at an affordable rate. Juulsen is potential top 4 right shot D, and the flyers get a 2nd rd pick and a 3rd
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,000,000$73,849,920$0$2,925,000$9,150,080
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$9,200,000$9,200,000
RW, C
UFA - 7
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 27, 2019 at 11:06 a.m.
I agree that Ghost is the odd man out in Philly with all the young dman they have. However i wouldnt be willing to pay that much for him i dont think Byron needs to be in that offer and i think it starts with Tatar and Juulsen and 3rd and what the response is you get. Wouldnt led off with an offer that overpayment.
CaptainFlynnt liked this.
May 27, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Habs
Overpayment for ghost. Why trade tatar when drouin has more trade value (younger and under contract for 4 more years). Tatar and drouin play similar roles in MTL, I would rather keep tatar.
May 27, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Quoting: RocketHabs
I agree that Ghost is the odd man out in Philly with all the young dman they have. However i wouldnt be willing to pay that much for him i dont think Byron needs to be in that offer and i think it starts with Tatar and Juulsen and 3rd and what the response is you get. Wouldnt led off with an offer that overpayment.

well this is my view, from philly fans whom have said that tatar and juulsen is an underpayment. plus he's on an excellent contract.
May 27, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
Overpayment for ghost. Why trade tatar when drouin has more trade value (younger and under contract for 4 more years). Tatar and drouin play similar roles in MTL, I would rather keep tatar.

drouin has the much higher ceiling, and for his age, a better long term contract.
May 27, 2019 at 11:14 a.m.
Habs
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
drouin has the much higher ceiling, and for his age, a better long term contract.

I agree, that's why I said you should trade drouin instead of tatar. Tatar, Juulsen, Byron, 2nd, and a 3rd >>> than drouin.

Edit:
One could even argue that the way things ended last season tatar > drouin, or byron > drouin.
May 27, 2019 at 11:18 a.m.
I agree, that's why I said you should trade drouin instead of tatar. Tatar, Juulsen, Byron, 2nd, and a 3rd >>> than drouin.

Edit:
One could even argue that the way things ended last season tatar > drouin, or byron > drouin.

i'm not touching drouin just yet, and i dont think habs maangement is either. wayy too much potential to trade away
May 27, 2019 at 11:27 a.m.
i'm not touching drouin just yet, and i dont think habs maangement is either. wayy too much potential to trade away

You do run a risk trading drouin but if its between trading him and trading Tatar Juulsen Byron a 2nd n 3rd, than you trade Drouin. Yes he may grow into a 70 point player and thats a risk, but trading away Juulsen who has potential, and wte assets would come with the 2nd n 3rd rounds picks, not to mention throwing in a proven 20 goal scorer on top of a player in Tatar that currently has the same offensive output as Drouin is worse. However i dont think MB has any interest in trading Drouin because for whatever reason they like him, i dont know if that is mutual between him and Julien sense he seemed unwilling to give him top 6 minutes at the end of the season. And if we want to fix our D we are going to have to move players with value instead of 5 plus assets for one player.
May 27, 2019 at 11:30 a.m.
Habsrs

As good as Tatar is, he is unlikely to be in MTL after his contract finishes
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
May 27, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
You do run a risk trading drouin but if its between trading him and trading Tatar Juulsen Byron a 2nd n 3rd, than you trade Drouin. Yes he may grow into a 70 point player and thats a risk, but trading away Juulsen who has potential, and wte assets would come with the 2nd n 3rd rounds picks, not to mention throwing in a proven 20 goal scorer on top of a player in Tatar that currently has the same offensive output as Drouin is worse. However i dont think MB has any interest in trading Drouin because for whatever reason they like him, i dont know if that is mutual between him and Julien sense he seemed unwilling to give him top 6 minutes at the end of the season. And if we want to fix our D we are going to have to move players with value instead of 5 plus assets for one player.

you have to factor in age as well. tatar and byron arent getting any better. juulsen is the only one who will grow. maybe i drop byron from the trade, but no way are the habs gonna trade drouin.
May 27, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.

you have to factor in age as well. tatar and byron arent getting any better. juulsen is the only one who will grow. maybe i drop byron from the trade, but no way are the habs gonna trade drouin.
May 27, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
Habs
Quoting: rs131313
As good as Tatar is, he is unlikely to be in MTL after his contract finishes

I know, which is why drouin's trade value is higher which is why I would trade him. 2 years from now the habs will potentially have Poehling, Suzuki, Ylonen, Ikonen, Teasdale, Evans, and maybe other prospects they havent drafted yet etc. Pushing for a roster spot. One of them will replace tatar. A free agent would replace drouin if he was traded.

The point I'm trying to argue is that between Tatar and Drouin, Drouin gets the habs a top D, Tatar does not. Between Tatar and Drouin, Tatar was a more valuable player to the habs last season, and therefore is a safe bet over the next 2 seasons as well.

Drouin has more value in a trade, Tatar has more value in the habs lineup. It makes way more sense to trade Drouin, unless of course you think he will live up to his potential, which is tough to say.
rs131313 and Price_is_the_goat liked this.
May 27, 2019 at 5:03 p.m.
Habs

I wouldn't say no way Drouin gets traded. It sounds like the exit meeting with Bergevin went really well, but if a team came around offering a top pairing D, Drouin would be gone. Ghost fits that category.

And I don't really care about age. If the habs get two more years from Tatar that's money. By then Poehling, Suzuki, KK, Ylonen, Ikonen, Evan's, Teasdale will be pushing for spots or leading the offense. If drouin gets you ghost you do that before trading Tatar, Byron, Juulsen, a 2nd , and a 3rd everytime. It's not even close, tatar was way more valuable to the habs last season, outscoring Drouin with way less powerplay time.
May 27, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
Habsrs
Tatar should be out
May 27, 2019 at 5:50 p.m.
Habsrs
I know, which is why drouin's trade value is higher which is why I would trade him. 2 years from now the habs will potentially have Poehling, Suzuki, Ylonen, Ikonen, Teasdale, Evans, and maybe other prospects they havent drafted yet etc. Pushing for a roster spot. One of them will replace tatar. A free agent would replace drouin if he was traded.

The point I'm trying to argue is that between Tatar and Drouin, Drouin gets the habs a top D, Tatar does not. Between Tatar and Drouin, Tatar was a more valuable player to the habs last season, and therefore is a safe bet over the next 2 seasons as well.

I have to disagree because it is clear that MTL isn't ready to actually compete yet with the Tampa and Bostons of the league so why not get a **** ton of value Tatar who is coming off his best season and keep Drouin whose value is low right now. Tatar should be able to fetch you somewhere around the 1st,2nd,3rd he was dealt for from Detroit to Vegas (probably a bit less). Letting Tatar play out the next 2 years and walking after that doesn't let the Habs maximize the value of their players for the future. I can't see MTL being contenders until 2 years from now so moving Tatar makes more logical sense. Also, if Drouin doesn't fit again next year then he could be on the trade block aswell considering the large amount of high end forward prospects that MTL has.

Drouin has more value in a trade, Tatar has more value in the habs lineup. It makes way more sense to trade Drouin, unless of course you think he will live up to his potential, which is tough to say.
May 27, 2019 at 8:30 p.m.
Habs
@rs131313 I disagree with a few things you said.

1. MTL can't compete with Tampa and Boston:
- MTL and Tampa had the same amount of playoff wins last year. MTL dominated Tampa in their last meeting of the season. I know MTL had more motivation as they were fighting for their playoff lives, but still dominated. Pretty sure MTL had a good record against Bosto last year too. MTL is only going to get better as there prospects make the team.

2. Tatar has more value than Drouin and the value of a 1st, 2nd , and 3rd:
- Tatar will never get that in a trade again, he made Vegas GM look bad. He also had 4 years left on his deal at the time (same as Drouin now). Drouin still has value because everyone sees the potential, just like Ghost, who the arguement is to trade for.
May 28, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.
Habsrs
@rs131313 I disagree with a few things you said.
C'mon lmao Boston is playoff bred team and even though Tampa lost we are gonna need to play that stacked roster every year. Also I said Tatar would get less than 1,2,3. Probably a late first and a 3rd. If washed players at the deadline can get you high picks then Tatar with 2 years left can get you a 1st and a 3rd
1. MTL can't compete with Tampa and Boston:
- MTL and Tampa had the same amount of playoff wins last year. MTL dominated Tampa in their last meeting of the season. I know MTL had more motivation as they were fighting for their playoff lives, but still dominated. Pretty sure MTL had a good record against Bosto last year too. MTL is only going to get better as there prospects make the team.

2. Tatar has more value than Drouin and the value of a 1st, 2nd , and 3rd:
- Tatar will never get that in a trade again, he made Vegas GM look bad. He also had 4 years left on his deal at the time (same as Drouin now). Drouin still has value because everyone sees the potential, just like Ghost, who the arguement is to trade for.
May 28, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.
Habsrs
@ CaptainFlynnt C'mon lmao Boston is playoff bred team and even though Tampa lost we are gonna need to play that stacked roster every year. Also I said Tatar would get less than 1,2,3. Probably a late first and a 3rd. If washed players at the deadline can get you high picks then Tatar with 2 years left can get you a 1st and a 3rd

Tatar has nice value for a playoff contender on a great contract
May 28, 2019 at 12:09 p.m.
@ CaptainFlynnt C'mon lmao Boston is playoff bred team and even though Tampa lost we are gonna need to play that stacked roster every year. Also I said Tatar would get less than 1,2,3. Probably a late first and a 3rd. If washed players at the deadline can get you high picks then Tatar with 2 years left can get you a 1st and a 3rd

im still not trading drouin for ghost. the potential is too high. drouin isn't at the chucky stage. he was great for like 60% of the season last year. the habs wont give up on him just yet
rs131313 liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 3:01 p.m.
Habsrs
im still not trading drouin for ghost. the potential is too high. drouin isn't at the chucky stage. he was great for like 60% of the season last year. the habs wont give up on him just yet

Ghost is very overrated anyways
May 28, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Habs

We are a playoff contender tho? So he has nice value to us and we don't have to pay a 1st and a 3rd to get him since we already have him.

How many people predicted Boston and St. Louis would be in the cup final last July? Seriously. The point I'm making is that hockey is unpredictable, so for you to say the habs aren't contenders is Naive. The fact is all 31 teams (except a few really bad ones like Ottawa), have a chance. Minnesota did some serious damage to their team after deciding to sell while they were in a playoff spot last season, this same thinking wouldn't help the habs. If you always trade guys for futures, the futures never gonna come. The habs are good, they need one LD to push them into strong playoff contenders. If they also manage to add another forward (like Duchene) or one of their prospects make the jump, all of a sudden they are strong cup contenders.
May 28, 2019 at 3:31 p.m.
Habs
Ghost is very overrated anyways

Yes, 65 pts in 78 games as a d-man is very overrated. 2nd in Calder, and 10th and 17th in Norris voting in 4 seasons, is very overrated.

He might be available after a down season, and Philly has lots of depth at LD. This is the perfect time to trade for him - because he is underrated in Philly right now.
rs131313 and Price_is_the_goat liked this.
May 28, 2019 at 4:06 p.m.
Habsrs
Yes, 65 pts in 78 games as a d-man is very overrated. 2nd in Calder, and 10th and 17th in Norris voting in 4 seasons, is very overrated.

He might be available after a down season, and Philly has lots of depth at LD. This is the perfect time to trade for him - because he is underrated in Philly right now.

He's a guy im drafting in fantasy hockey but he isn't great defensively. Flyers fans have realized that and that's why they want him gone
May 28, 2019 at 4:51 p.m.
He's a guy im drafting in fantasy hockey but he isn't great defensively. Flyers fans have realized that and that's why they want him gone

fantasy and real life are 2 diff things bud. fantasy tip for next season though, take sanhiem or provorov
May 28, 2019 at 5:15 p.m.
Habs

I agree. Drouin isn't the best defensively either though. Ghost can run a PP from the top. Having Weber as a partner would surely help his game.
May 28, 2019 at 7:43 p.m.
I agree. Drouin isn't the best defensively either though. Ghost can run a PP from the top. Having Weber as a partner would surely help his game.

oh hell yeah it would. he wouldn't have to worry about his defensive game or turnovers, as you have a mountain guarding your back!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll