SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Final Mock draft

Final Mock draft

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: PanarinBread72
Published: Jun. 21, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Description
Honestly if I can get two picks right outside of the top ten I'd be happy. This draft is very unpredictable.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Hughes has been at number one the entire season, and Kakko simply hasn't done enough to catch up. Kakko may be the better player right now, but Hughes has much more potential in my opinion
2Logo of the New York Rangers-Easiest pick of the draft. Rangers get a franchise piece in Kappo Kakko who is potentially a future 40 goal scorer. Kravtsov and Kakko on a line is going to be filfthy.
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-This is where it gets interesting. However, I'm 80% sure that Chicago takes the dynamic two way forward Alex Turcotte. Turcotte is similar to Toews in many ways, he is a leader, potentially a future selke winner, and an offensive threat. Don't let his injuries worry you, he bounced back very well when he came back from the injury he suffered this year.
4Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsI know Colorado wants a center here, but I can't see them passing on a guy like Byram. He is a potential top pairing puck moving defenseman that could possibly compete for a norris trophy. However, I prefer Turcotte, simply because Byram is just 'ok' defensively. If Byram were better defensively, he would be a clear number 3 pick.
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-This is where predicting the draft really starts to get difficult. There were a few guys I could have put here, but I decided to go with yet another USDP center in Trevor Zegras. Zegras is an elite playmaker that could be a great piece to Kings new core. Zegras does a lot right, and I feel like he is definetly the best option here.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Ooh boy, time to get controversial! Podkolzin is by far the most controversial pick in this draft, but I think Detroit is an amazing fit for him. He is a very talented player that should be able to go top ten, and Yzerman isn't afraid to pick Russians. I'm sure Yzerman would love to get a prospect defenseman here, but there isn't one that would be worth taking at 6. Podkolzin will stay in Russia for two more years before coming over to North America, which gives Detroit time to get a defenseman before they end their rebuild.
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo goes out and gets a big bodied centerman in Dach at 7. He should be a very solid 2C behind Eichel or a good winger if they want Mittelstadt to be the 2C.
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-I've heard rumours that they might pick Broberg here, but I don't think they can pass on the best goal scorer of the draft. Need a winger for McDavid? Caufield is an amazing option and just thinking about that line would make other teams scared. The Oilers took Yammamoto in 2017, so they aren't afraid to pick the shorter players.
9Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-At nine Anaheim takes the skilled forward Krebs. I know he had that achilles injury, but that won't stop him from falling out of the top ten. Krebs is a great player with a great work ethnic that Anaheim will love. He is a great player to start Anaheim's rebuild/retool.
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-At ten Jim Benning takes the skilled and underrated Alex Newhook. Don't let the fact he plays in a weaker league fool you, Newhook is an impact player. He would be a great fit in Vancouver either as a 2C or a top-six winger for years to come. I like Newhook's upside more than Cozens.
11Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Honestly I don't have the patience to write about every player, so I'll just write about the more interesting prospects from now on, starting with Boldy. Boldy is a guy that seems to do everything right. He is a great two way forward that would help Philadelphia form a lethal PK of Couturier and Boldy. Boldy is also a strong player in the offensive zone, and I think he could be a steal at 11.
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-At 12, Paul Fenton sprints to the stage to announce Cozens. Dylan Cozens is a very talented player with all of the tools to become a differnece maker, however he doesn't seem to use his abilities to the full potential. It also seems like Cozens will end up being a winger at the NHL level instead of a center, which could lower his draft stock. Cozens could be a bit of a project for whoever picks him, but also could end up being a steal for Minnesota, and I'm sure all of there fans would be estatic if they end up taking him.
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-I don't personally think Spencer Knight is the best player available at 13, but I've heard many rumours that Florida is interested in Knight at 13. Knight is undoubtely the best goaltender in this draft, and possibly the best goaltending prospect we've seen in a while. I don't think that Knight deserves as much praise as he has been getting, which is why I don't think he should go 13. However, this seems like the most logical destination for Knight, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 12 to Minnesota, or ends up going later than 13, to either Arizona, Vegas, Ottawa, LA, Calgary, or Carolina.
14Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-At 14 Arizona takes Cam York who, in my opinion, is the second best defenseman in this draft. Yet another USDP player, but I couldn't resist. York is an amazing two-way defenseman who can quaterback Arizona's PP in the future. York has one of the highest floors among defensmen in this draft, and a pretty good ceiling to match.
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-WOW! I can't believe it's not a French-Canadian! Jokes aside, Moritz Seider is my pick at number 15. Seider's draft stock has been rising all season while playing in the DEL, the German men's league. Seider has shown signs of promise in both his regular season team and in the international tournaments. He is pegged as an underrated prospect in this draft, but I personally don't think he is all that underrated. Nevertheless, Montreal takes him at 15.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-At 16, Colorado takes the underrated Bobby Brink. I wanted to put him in the top 15, but I just couldn't find room. Brink is an incredible playmaker and is also one of the better defensive forwards in this draft. While Brink's skating isn't the best, his offensive game is too good to ignore. The Sioux City Musketeers scored almost 50% less goals when Bobby Brink wasn't on the ice versus when he was. Colorado will be lucky to have such a great player available at 16.
17Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-At 17, Vegas takes a defenseman with arguably the second highest ceiling among all defensemen in this draft in Phillip Broberg. Broberg is an incredible skater, but he has a lot of work in other parts of his game. Still, he would be a great addition to an already great prospect pool. Broberg can take the place that Brannstrom left behind.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-At 18, Dallas takes the defensman Ville Heinola. They get another Finnish defenseman that they will eventually be able to pair with Heiskannen.
19Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsAt 19, Ottawa takes Harley, a guy who has been compared to Thomas Chabot who is on their team. Harley has been rumored to have Ottawa's interest, and I think it is a pretty good fit.
20Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Rounding out the top 20 we have Nils Hoglander. Hoglander is an undersized forward who is still very very skilled. Winnipeg is going to love having him bolster their already strong forward core.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Wait... Pittsburgh didn't trade their first rounder for a rental????? Jokes aside (again), their weak prospect pool simply needs the highest ceiling player available, and who better than Arthur Kaliyev. Kaliyev is arguably the second best goal scorer in this draft, but his stock has fallen due to the fact that he has shown a lower work ethic and his poor defensive player. But for the raw upside alone, I think Pittsburgh picks him.
22Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAt 22, LA adds a defenseman to their prospect pool in Victor Soderstrom. Soderstrom is a solid piece who is a relatively safe pick.
23Logo of the New York Islanders-At 23, The islanders take Connor McMichael of the London Knights. McMichael is a very good player who Lou Lamereillo would love to have on his team.
24Logo of the Nashville Predators-At 24, Nashville takes Nick Suzuki's brother, Ryan Suzuki. I'm pretty high on Suzuki, and I think this should be a really good pick for Nashville.
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-At 25, Washington takes the undersized Jakob Pelletier. Pelletier is a very good scoring forward and Washington won't regret this pick at all
26Logo of the Calgary Flames-At 26, Calgary takes Phillip Tomasino. He's a center that should eventually take Backlund's spot in the top 6
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-At 27, Tampa Bay takes Raphael Lavoie. Lavoie's stock has taken a big hit over the last month or so. He was originally seen as a potential top 15 pick, but could now go in the late twenties.
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-At 28 Carolina takes Nick Robertson. Their owner wants a forward, and they got one. Nick Robertson should be a very good player moving forward.
29Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose SharksAt 29, Anaheim takes Tobias Bjornfot, which means bear (the animal) foot in Swedish. The more you know.
30Logo of the Boston Bruins-At 30, the stanley cup runner ups take Albin Grewe (pronounced gray-vuh). Albin is very underrated forward who plays a role very similar to Brad Marchand. That line could cause a lot of headaches for other teams.
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the St. Louis BluesRounding out the first round, Buffalo picks the Belarusian defenseman Vladislav Kolyachonok. Don't know a whole lot about him, but he has a cool name.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I don't feel like writing descriptions for the second rounders, picking them is hard as is.
33Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
34Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
Lassi Thompson
35Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
36Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Buffalo Sabres
Brayden Tracey
37Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangers
38Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
39Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
40Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
41Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
Ryan Johnson
43Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
44Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Florida Panthers
45Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
46Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
47Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
Patrick Puistola
48Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
49Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas Stars
50Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsI know I said I wasn't going to add comments, but my god Alex Vlasic is overrated. He shouldn't go near the first round.
51Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Domenick Fensore
52Logo of the Florida PanthersLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Ronnie Attard
53Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
55Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Nashville Predators
Jayden Struble
56Logo of the Washington Capitals-
57Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary Flames
58Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
59Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
Lucas Feuk
60Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the San Jose Sharks
Mads Sogaard
61Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Boston BruinsAlso overrated
62Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Jun. 21, 2019 at 12:34 p.m.
AXR
Thank you! as an avs fan I don't think they will leave the first round without a Forward. I think there are two playbooks for them here: 1. Take a forward with a top pick, and hope Knight falls to them. or 2. Take the best Defenseman in the draft and grab another good forward prospect. I think there will be Top 10 forwards sitting at 16 still, which is why I hope they grab byram. I really hope they don't double dip for forwards.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll