Forums/Armchair-GM

Panarin is stupid idea

Created by: DiarrheaBlackface
Team: 2019-20 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 29, 2019
Published: Jun. 29, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Look at what Toronto is going through right now, they would be fine without Tavares contract, still would be contender. 11mil x 7 for Bread is not the answer. Plus the timing is off he would be 30, 31 years old before we would be legit playoff contenders. Just let the team progress naturally from within. We might have our own superstars with Kakko Kravtsov anyway. Only reason I bough out Staal is because they need room for younger guys, had no choice. Besides that let all the money come off the books naturally. Do you wanna see your favorite team be good for a couple years then get buttf#%$ by the cap? Or do you wanna see them be good for 6 7 8 years with all elite homegrown talent?

Trade Kreider and Names at deadline, get high up in 2020 draft. Then the year after were really cooking with gas.

Or sign panarin to 11x7 and try forcing ourselves into the playoffs with 5 rookies, get eliminated by Washington in 5 games then get a ****ty pick 20-25 overall, let kreider walk to nothing.

Just be patient we could be building a parenial contender, if we avoid panarin
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$7,500,000
1$850,000
1$1,750,000
2$3,250,000
2$3,850,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$69,196,109$0$5,750,000$12,303,891

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 3
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 29, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
ChytilMania
There’s so much in your explanation that makes no sense.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: ChytilMania
There’s so much in your explanation that makes no sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense
Jun. 29, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
As a leafs fan trust me you are spot on
Jun. 29, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
ChytilMania
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Actually it makes perfect sense

I disagree. In 2 years, Shattenkirk, Staal, and Lundqvist’s deals expire. With more prospects due to come in on ELCs, players like Buchnievich and DeAngelo who are expendable can be moved in the future. Furthermore, the cap goes up each year, which would be helpful. The leafs were extremely unlucky that it didn’t rise by the expected amount this year. Signing Panarin comes with its flaws, but he is an elite player that I believe is capable of putting up 90 points with players of Kakko and Kravstov’s caliber.
Lastly, if we sign Panarin, it’s because Jeff Gorton did it (obviously lol). And Jeff knows what he is doing. Over the past years, he has made some terrific moves and has earned our (many fans including myself) trust. So if he signs Panarin, then it is because he has a plan for the future.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
I disagree. In 2 years, Shattenkirk, Staal, and Lundqvist’s deals expire. With more prospects due to come in on ELCs, players like Buchnievich and DeAngelo who are expendable can be moved in the future. Furthermore, the cap goes up each year, which would be helpful. The leafs were extremely unlucky that it didn’t rise by the expected amount this year. Signing Panarin comes with its flaws, but he is an elite player that I believe is capable of putting up 90 points with players of Kakko and Kravstov’s caliber.
Lastly, if we sign Panarin, it’s because Jeff Gorton did it (obviously lol). And Jeff knows what he is doing. Over the past years, he has made some terrific moves and has earned our (many fans including myself) trust. So if he signs Panarin, then it is because he has a plan for the future.

I don't disagree woth a single thing you saidsmile its more of what is kakko gonna want on his next contract? We all thought 7-7.5 for mitch a few years ago and look how that is going? all im saying is cap space is the most important asset in hockey and we had money coming off the books too than we signed Tavares (which i don't regret) but now we are screwed? i mean look at our D core again? just trying to help you avoid being where we are now. It's not like players are taking home town discounts anymore. And the cap spiked when Vegas came in and now look at it just saying it might not go up as much as expected, but i agree gorton has done a great job for you guys? just saying be cautious expect the cap to not inflate as much as you are projecting and whatever you think your players are going to sign for (in the future) just add more and look at a worse case scenario if you still think you will be ok then go for itsmile and fwiw i still think panarin signs with you guys and he will be great for you guys and i DONT think that you will regret it (like me with Tavares) just do us a favour and send us Kreider lol
ChytilMania liked this.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
ChytilMania
I don't disagree woth a single thing you saidsmile its more of what is kakko gonna want on his next contract? We all thought 7-7.5 for mitch a few years ago and look how that is going? all im saying is cap space is the most important asset in hockey and we had money coming off the books too than we signed Tavares (which i don't regret) but now we are screwed? i mean look at our D core again? just trying to help you avoid being where we are now. It's not like players are taking home town discounts anymore. And the cap spiked when Vegas came in and now look at it just saying it might not go up as much as expected, but i agree gorton has done a great job for you guys? just saying be cautious expect the cap to not inflate as much as you are projecting and whatever you think your players are going to sign for (in the future) just add more and look at a worse case scenario if you still think you will be ok then go for itsmile and fwiw i still think panarin signs with you guys and he will be great for you guys and i DONT think that you will regret it (like me with Tavares) just do us a favour and send us Kreider lol

Leafs cap position is not solely because they signed Tavares. Contracts for guys like Nylander, and Zaitsev also hurt them. And not all young players are like Marner demanding to be paid McDavid money.
Leafs don’t need Kreids. You need D. Past Reilly and Muzzin who do they have that is really making a difference out there defensively? Leafs need to move Nylander imo. They have young forwards such as Kapanen, Johnson, and Bracco ready to take the next step. They just need an opening, and Nylander being traded can create that for the young forwards, and get them cap space. If Nylander is swapped for a solid defenseman on a good contract, then the Leafs could become cup contenders, or at least closer to being contenders than last season.
At the end of the day, I get what your saying. If the Rangers aren’t careful on how they deal with free agency this year, they could handicap themselves in the future. But I don’t think signing Panarin will handicap them (unless his contract goes over 11.25-11.5 million)
Jun. 29, 2019 at 1:23 p.m.
Leafs cap position is not solely because they signed Tavares. Contracts for guys like Nylander, and Zaitsev also hurt them. And not all young players are like Marner demanding to be paid McDavid money.
Leafs don’t need Kreids. You need D. Past Reilly and Muzzin who do they have that is really making a difference out there defensively? Leafs need to move Nylander imo. They have young forwards such as Kapanen, Johnson, and Bracco ready to take the next step. They just need an opening, and Nylander being traded can create that for the young forwards, and get them cap space. If Nylander is swapped for a solid defenseman on a good contract, then the Leafs could become cup contenders, or at least closer to being contenders than last season.
At the end of the day, I get what your saying. If the Rangers aren’t careful on how they deal with free agency this year, they could handicap themselves in the future. But I don’t think signing Panarin will handicap them (unless his contract goes over 11.25-11.5 million)

I know it was Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Zaitsev and now Marner. I'm not saying that all good young players are holding their teams hostage like Marner, but you have too admit that there has been a big spike in salaries to good young RFA'S and when I say good i mean elite. And agree to disagree about kreids, lol we need too get bigger, and stronger without sacrificing speed or skill. And he is one of the few players in the league who can provide us that and play in our top six. Yes we definitely need help on D. Dermot is also pretty good defensively.i agree about moving Nylander but we can until we know what happens with Mitch ie offersheet then we can't move Nylander. Also if we move Kadri we can't move Nylander because 34 is too injury prone ie sliding him to C until Matthews retuns. But one of the two will be moved for D help. An Edmonton fan on here said he read an article in the athletic stating that EDM and TOR, are talking about a deal centered around Kadri for Nurse, he couldn't remember who the other pieces where, but who knows if it happens or is just a fluff piece. Yeah just be careful with your cap. But your in good hands with Gorton. And don't let our situation defer you from making a good signing either, which Panarin absolutely is? good luck
ChytilMania liked this.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 2:12 p.m.
ChytilMania
I know it was Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Zaitsev and now Marner. I'm not saying that all good young players are holding their teams hostage like Marner, but you have too admit that there has been a big spike in salaries to good young RFA'S and when I say good i mean elite. And agree to disagree about kreids, lol we need too get bigger, and stronger without sacrificing speed or skill. And he is one of the few players in the league who can provide us that and play in our top six. Yes we definitely need help on D. Dermot is also pretty good defensively.i agree about moving Nylander but we can until we know what happens with Mitch ie offersheet then we can't move Nylander. Also if we move Kadri we can't move Nylander because 34 is too injury prone ie sliding him to C until Matthews retuns. But one of the two will be moved for D help. An Edmonton fan on here said he read an article in the athletic stating that EDM and TOR, are talking about a deal centered around Kadri for Nurse, he couldn't remember who the other pieces where, but who knows if it happens or is just a fluff piece. Yeah just be careful with your cap. But your in good hands with Gorton. And don't let our situation defer you from making a good signing either, which Panarin absolutely is? good luck

Good luck to u as well with Marner (except if Isles sign him because I want them to mess up and offerhseeting Marner would be a mistake)
Jun. 29, 2019 at 2:26 p.m.
Good luck to u as well with Marner (except if Isles sign him because I want them to mess up and offerhseeting Marner would be a mistake)

Thanks but honestly at this point idc either way. If he signs he sings if not we get 4 1st and much needed cap space for D. No worries there they could be losing 2 captains in 2 years plus Leiner(spelling) then offersheet Mitch (who almost all stats show that Tavares drove that line) plus Barzal's up in a year no Breadman or Bob which will be more satisfying for you when you land Breadmansmile and no 1st for the next 4 years plus u just got Trouba and Kakko. You got nothing to worry about dude heck Jersey will be better then them 2????
ChytilMania liked this.
Jun. 29, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
ChytilMania
Thanks but honestly at this point idc either way. If he signs he sings if not we get 4 1st and much needed cap space for D. No worries there they could be losing 2 captains in 2 years plus Leiner(spelling) then offersheet Mitch (who almost all stats show that Tavares drove that line) plus Barzal's up in a year no Breadman or Bob which will be more satisfying for you when you land Breadmansmile and no 1st for the next 4 years plus u just got Trouba and Kakko. You got nothing to worry about dude heck Jersey will be better then them 2????

Exactly

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll