Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Jamhuggy7
Published: May 1, 2020 at 9:36 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
  2. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  3. Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Obvious pick, Montreal picks Lafreniere to play in French Canada
2Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa drafts their future #1 franchise center in byfield
3Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA passes on Stutzle, as they already have a deep center core for the future, and picks Jamie Drysdale
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Wing are ecstatic to select Stutzle, a German to play with Moritz Seider
5Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksA shocker, Ottawa addresses their only problem for the future, reaching to pick Askarov after they can't make a deal to trade down
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim improves their future at wing, picking Raymond to potentially play alongside Zegras
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Devils pick Holtz, to improve their goal scoring on the wing. Potential future linemate to Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo finally picks Rossi to have a great center core in the future of Eichel and Rossi
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago picks the best player available in Cole Perfetti. Perfetti gives them some flexibility, as Perfetti can play both Center and LW
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesNew Jersey fulfills their biggest team need, picking Sanderson, who played in the USNTDP, just like Jack Hughes
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota picks the best player available in Anton Lundell, who will go on to play with Kirill Kaprizov
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver picks the goal scorer, Jack Quinn, to potentially play with Elias Pettersson or Bo Horvat
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville addresses their shaky forward group, picking the underrated Seth Jarvis
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida reaches to pick defenseman, Braden Schneider
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary picks the best forward available, in Dylan Holloway
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers pick winger, Dawson Mercer
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg picks the best player available, in Noel Gunler
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersOttawa takes their chance on the injury-prone Hendrix Lapierre
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus improves their center depth, picking Connor Zary
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsCarolina picks wing, Rodion Amirov
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesThe Rangers take their chance on the risky Justin Barron, who recently suffered a large injury
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas picks the best forward available, in Mavrik Bourque
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Edmonton picks defenseman, Jeremie Poirier
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas picks defenseman, Kaiden Guhle
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinnesota reaches a bit to pick American, Antonia Stranges
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly picks defenseman, William Wallinder
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Caps pick Czech winger, Jan Mysak
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSan Jose picks the best center available, Jacob Perrault
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado improves their center depth, picking Justin Sourdif
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-St. Louis picks German, John-Jason Peterka
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAnaheim picks undersized wing, Zion Nybeck
May 1, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
No way the Oilers take a D in the first round. They already have in the AHL: Bouchard, Samorukov, Lagesson plus the recently signed Filip Berglund and Markus Niemalainen. And Broberg in Sweden. And they have youngsters Caleb Jones and Ethan Bear performing.
I say they go after a guy like Jake Perreault or Tyson Foerster. They need shooters to play with McDavid.
They could entertain the idea of trading up to grab Askarov .. If he falls far enough. Not sure how far up the Oilers can trade. They have no second round picks this year or next.
May 1, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
No way the Oilers take a D in the first round. They already have in the AHL: Bouchard, Samorukov, Lagesson plus the recently signed Filip Berglund and Markus Niemalainen. And Broberg in Sweden. And they have youngsters Caleb Jones and Ethan Bear performing.
I say they go after a guy like Jake Perreault or Tyson Foerster. They need shooters to play with McDavid.
They could entertain the idea of trading up to grab Askarov .. If he falls far enough. Not sure how far up the Oilers can trade. They have no second round picks this year or next.

I honestly agree that the oilers should go with a shooter, but they always seem to draft defensemen in the first round for some reason. Their d-core was fine going into last year's draft, and they ended up reaching down to pick broberg instead of picking caufield, who could have been an amazing goal scorer to play with McDavid. I mainly based this pick on the team's drafting history.
May 1, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
Quoting: Jamhuggy7
I honestly agree that the oilers should go with a shooter, but they always seem to draft defensemen in the first round for some reason. Their d-core was fine going into last year's draft, and they ended up reaching down to pick broberg instead of picking caufield, who could have been an amazing goal scorer to play with McDavid. I mainly based this pick on the team's drafting history.

I like Trevor Zegras at that spot last year instead of Broberg. Caufield is good but he’s tiny. They already have Yamamoto at that stature. Do they two of them?? I really like Foerster or Perreault for them this year. They need a stud G prospect as well.
May 1, 2020 at 10:08 p.m.
I'd be shocked if LA passed up Stutzle. He fits too many of the boxes for them to do that:

1) He's BPA.

2) Sure, he can play center, but he's also billed as a sure-fire top-6 left wing which is desperately needed in the organization. And LA really likes players that can be proficient at two positions.

3) The organization isn't as thin on defense as some make it out to be. Bjornfot, Roy, Anderson, Walker, Durzi, Clague, and Brickley are all either just making their impacts on the Kings roster or will be in the next year. I think that LA would continue with the trending of trying to build an exciting offensive team instead of going for Drysdale.

Now, if the Kings get the 4th pick, it would be a toss-up between Drysdale, Holtz, and Raymond. And I guess they'd probably lean Drysdale there.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 12:03 p.m.
Edited May 2, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
I'd be shocked if LA passed up Stutzle. He fits too many of the boxes for them to do that:

1) He's BPA.

2) Sure, he can play center, but he's also billed as a sure-fire top-6 left wing which is desperately needed in the organization. And LA really likes players that can be proficient at two positions.

3) The organization isn't as thin on defense as some make it out to be. Bjornfot, Roy, Anderson, Walker, Durzi, Clague, and Brickley are all either just making their impacts on the Kings roster or will be in the next year. I think that LA would continue with the trending of trying to build an exciting offensive team instead of going for Drysdale.

Now, if the Kings get the 4th pick, it would be a toss-up between Drysdale, Holtz, and Raymond. And I guess they'd probably lean Drysdale there.

I agree BUT I absolutely will not be surprised if some GM picks Drysdale 3rd overall. Unpredictable things happen at the Draft. You are right in that LA has more prospects that people realize. Can’t wait to see Akil Thomas in the NHL.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll