SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Debating Byfield and Stutzle for the next 4 months

Debating Byfield and Stutzle for the next 4 months

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: PuckLuck_77
Published: Jun. 27, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Description
Feel free to comment. Like I say, I don't know anything about the prospects after the Lundell (at 11) pick. They were just placeholders as I got down to the Kings second rounders.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-As a Kings fan in Arizona, here's to hoping they get someone that will help turn their franchise into something special. They need a player of his caliber.
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-I think Byfield is the right choice at the moment, as much as I love Stutzle. His size, speed, athleticism, and puck skills are too good of a package to turn down. Add on that he's one of the youngest players in the draft, I think it's the right pick. Not necessarily a no-brainer per-se but still. What a great position for the Kings to be in.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksOttawa get's the consolation prize. Maybe there's a trade to be done to get Byfield, because that's who I imagine they were salivating over to center Tkachuk.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-With no clear center to supplant Larkin as the 1C, I think they go with the most electrifying forward available. Playing to the left of Larkin, with Zadina or Mantha on the right could be a heck of a line. I apologize to Detroit fans. Brutal lottery for you guys. I also am not that familiar with your players, so I could be wrong on the line placement.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Controversial pick based off of the many Senators fans mock drafts I've seen. With another pick in the first round, I think they go with the best defenseman in the draft here and get another complimentary forward towards the middle of the round.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks are in a rough spot because I imagine they've been wanting Drysdale for a long time. But with Getzlaf aging and Zegras coming up, they pick a player who is versatile in position. He could become the second line center, or he can play a top line wing position.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-I see NJ going for the sniper here to play alongside Hughes or Hischier. No need to go galaxy brain on this pick. Top scorer in the draft, can argue he's BPA and he fits a need.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-This is where I start to lose my way when it comes to the order of the draft. With the scorers off the board, you'd think they'd look at Rossi. But with Cozens in the system there's not really a need for another 2C. I go with stabilizing their defense. Maybe Rossi here if they think they can transition him into a winger.
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I've heard that Quinn is there guy if he's there. Montreal already has a relatively small stature prospect pool, so I don't imagine they double down on that with Rossi. So he continues to slide for me.
10Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-But only to one more slot, where he gets swiped up by Chicago. It pains me to see a player of this talent level going to Chicago. But I think his game fits Chicago really well.
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Lundell just seems to fit Minnesota's style to a T. Which, to me, isn't necessarily a good thing. But since they need a center badly, he's their guy here.
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Not going to pretend to know anything about players after Lundell. As a Kings fan, I haven't looked into players that were out of this range, so I'm going to just pick random names until I get to the second round players I hope are available for the Kings three picks.
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Seems to me that Reichel has been moving up in the rankings pretty significantly over the past couple of months. I wouldn't be surprised if he's taken in the first round. But he's the guy I've had my eye on for the Kings first pick in the second round. That's my dream pick.
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey Devils
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
40Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
41Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick Forfeited
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
43Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksNext is looking for some RD for the pipeline. To me, my favorite prospect around this range is Topi. Good size, good reach, solid middle-bottom pair defenseman. I expect the Kings to be around the 8-13 pick overall in 2021 and that they will be looking for a top-4 pairing defenseman to maybe take Drew's mantle. But they still need some depth guys in the pipeline, hence this pick.
44Logo of the Nashville Predators-
45Logo of the Florida Panthers-
46Logo of the Calgary Flames-
47Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangers
48Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
49Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
50Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
51Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
52Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas Stars
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
55Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsMaybe try to find some extra goal scoring here with their third pick in the second round. Can't see them reaching for a goalie just yet, but that's a possibility in the third round.
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis Blues
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll