C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$889,166$889,166
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$864,166$864,166
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
D
UFA
$900,000$900,000
RW, C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 3, 2020 at 5:14 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: dzmets
Auto correct save percentage above XGA

Hes going solely off of save % and not looking at any of the other stats
dzmets liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 9:45 p.m.
I would much rather have Anti Raanta or Anton Khudobin or Cam Talbot. Much better save percentage against quality shots. The blues have been excellent at surpressing high danger chances a reason why there GAA and save % are so high. Those are not great numbers to judge a goalie on anyhow as all shots face are no where near equal. Allen does not rank highly in save % above game which leads one to believe that if he went to team where he went to a team not as defensively sound as St Louis his numbers would regress significantly as did Huttons.

Ok but is Khudobin or Raanta open to trade?
Jul. 3, 2020 at 9:50 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Mmk homer. Wow Sundqvost does everything a 4th liner is supposed to do. Almost like hes a 4th liner

You say that yet he plays on the third line. Barbashev plays 4th line Sanford Barbashev and Walker is the 4th line so he’s not being homer he’s giving you information about where Sundqvist actually plays. I know buffalo is upset about the high way robbery got ROR. But blues aren’t doing that.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Ok but is Khudobin or Raanta open to trade?

Khudobin is UFA and Raanta has no trade protection. It has been widely speculated Arizona will move Raanta as they are against the cap and cannot afford 4 million on goalie 2
Jul. 4, 2020 at 1:55 p.m.
Khudobin is UFA and Raanta has no trade protection. It has been widely speculated Arizona will move Raanta as they are against the cap and cannot afford 4 million on goalie 2

Dallas I guarantee re-signs Khudobin bud.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.

Go for Raanta then ask them for the same type of deal basically Fischer and Raanta for Hutton and a 2nd see what Coyotes fans say.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.
Go for Raanta then ask them for the same type of deal basically Fischer and Raanta for Hutton and a 2nd see what Coyotes fans say.

Those aren't the only options. Could look to sign Talbot, Greiss, Crawford. All have much better underlying numbers then does Allen
Jul. 4, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.

I would much rather have Raanta and Fischer there underlying numbers are much better and would be willing to offer a higher return for them. But again Arizona is cash strapped and will need to shed salary to be under the cap and fill out their roster so somewhere there will be an option for a #2 goalie and a fourth line winger for one season that will not require giving up a second round pick.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
Those aren't the only options. Could look to sign Talbot, Greiss, Crawford. All have much better underlying numbers then does Allen

Talbot lost the starting job on a Calgary team, Crawford gets injured almost all the time, and Greiss isn’t the greatest of numbers. Allen’s numbers are actually better than all 3 of them. Keep them coming.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 2:14 p.m.
I would much rather have Raanta and Fischer there underlying numbers are much better and would be willing to offer a higher return for them. But again Arizona is cash strapped and will need to shed salary to be under the cap and fill out their roster so somewhere there will be an option for a #2 goalie and a fourth line winger for one season that will not require giving up a second round pick.

They aren’t that cash strapped as you think they are. Soderberg Stepan Grabner Goligoski all can be traded pretty relatively easily. But your offer is so bad for every team because you don’t want to overspend teams aren’t going to just hand players over to Buffalo. You have to give some value up and a 2nd Round+ a Cap Dump for a Better goalie and a good depth Forward doesn’t cut it.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
They aren’t that cash strapped as you think they are. Soderberg Stepan Grabner Goligoski all can be traded pretty relatively easily. But your offer is so bad for every team because you don’t want to overspend teams aren’t going to just hand players over to Buffalo. You have to give some value up and a 2nd Round+ a Cap Dump for a Better goalie and a good depth Forward doesn’t cut it.

The Sabres don't need to trade for a goalie that wants to be a starter only looking for someone for 30 games. Ulmark will be the starter and we have UPL one year away from being ready to come to the nhl. You obviously are only looking at save percentage and gaa for goalies which in a lot of ways is t a team stat like plus minus for skaters. Not a good way to judge a goalie. Save percentage above XGA is the best readily available stat for that and all of the goalies I have mentioned rate higher then Allen in this area
Jul. 4, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
The Sabres don't need to trade for a goalie that wants to be a starter only looking for someone for 30 games. Ulmark will be the starter and we have UPL one year away from being ready to come to the nhl. You obviously are only looking at save percentage and gaa for goalies which in a lot of ways is t a team stat like plus minus for skaters. Not a good way to judge a goalie. Save percentage above XGA is the best readily available stat for that and all of the goalies I have mentioned rate higher then Allen in this area

If you haven’t noticed Allen was content as a backup. 1A-1B even. Considering Ullmark falls off you need someone else to take it. So what you are saying is dumb and biased to get out of a conversation of how bad that deal actually is.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
If you haven’t noticed Allen was content as a backup. 1A-1B even. Considering Ullmark falls off you need someone else to take it. So what you are saying is dumb and biased to get out of a conversation of how bad that deal actually is.

I agree it is a bad deal. I want no part of trading a second round pick for a bottom 6 forward and swapping backup goalies. I will agree I would be more confident in Allen then I would be with Hitton but not overwhelmingly. There are alot of other routes I would rather go for a backup goalie and feel better off than I would with Allen. And in the way this deal is proposed retaining 1.375 of Huttons contract I don't even get the benefit of clearing his cap space. The Sabres could just bury his contract in the minors and have a similar cap hit. As structured the Sabres are basically paying 6 million for a backup.goalie for 1 year. And in the event that Ulmark were to struggle I have no confidence in Allen taking the reins. The last time he was in that position he had the eventual Stanley Cup Champions in last place in the entire NHL. The teams underlying numbers weren't that bad except for their goaltending which was at the bottom of the league. Insert Binnington and now you are getting above average goaltending as compared to league worst and the team then goes from worst on to eventual.stanley cup champions. If the Sabres were already a cup contender I could possibly forgive giving up this high of an asset in light of Sundqvist being in the deal as our needs would be to fortify depth and the pick would likely only be a late second rounder. With the larger needs of our organization I will keep that asset to help acquire a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman and then I can sign a UFA to a similar deal as Sundqvist some9ne like jesper fast or Craig Smith. Backup goalie I will use a later pick or b level prospect to acquire or I will sign a UFA unless I am obtaining someone that could likely be a better option than Ulmark himself. 26 or younger can be in the rotation for the next several years.
Jul. 4, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
I agree it is a bad deal. I want no part of trading a second round pick for a bottom 6 forward and swapping backup goalies. I will agree I would be more confident in Allen then I would be with Hitton but not overwhelmingly. There are alot of other routes I would rather go for a backup goalie and feel better off than I would with Allen. And in the way this deal is proposed retaining 1.375 of Huttons contract I don't even get the benefit of clearing his cap space. The Sabres could just bury his contract in the minors and have a similar cap hit. As structured the Sabres are basically paying 6 million for a backup.goalie for 1 year. And in the event that Ulmark were to struggle I have no confidence in Allen taking the reins. The last time he was in that position he had the eventual Stanley Cup Champions in last place in the entire NHL. The teams underlying numbers weren't that bad except for their goaltending which was at the bottom of the league. Insert Binnington and now you are getting above average goaltending as compared to league worst and the team then goes from worst on to eventual.stanley cup champions. If the Sabres were already a cup contender I could possibly forgive giving up this high of an asset in light of Sundqvist being in the deal as our needs would be to fortify depth and the pick would likely only be a late second rounder. With the larger needs of our organization I will keep that asset to help acquire a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman and then I can sign a UFA to a similar deal as Sundqvist some9ne like jesper fast or Craig Smith. Backup goalie I will use a later pick or b level prospect to acquire or I will sign a UFA unless I am obtaining someone that could likely be a better option than Ulmark himself. 26 or younger can be in the rotation for the next several years.

Sundqvist is a middle 6 forward. He’s been playing a middle 6 role this entire time. Sanford is a 4th Liner. See the difference?
Jul. 4, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
Sundqvist is a middle 6 forward. He’s been playing a middle 6 role this entire time. Sanford is a 4th Liner. See the difference?

I never said there was no difference between Sundqvist and Sanford. My contention was moving the other contracts that you suggested moving would need to have sweeteners attached to them as they would be strictly cash dumps. Allen you may actually be able to clear his cap and get something in return but if someone is trading you a second round pick they are overpaying and there are lots of other options for a lesser cap hit
Jul. 4, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
I never said there was no difference between Sundqvist and Sanford. My contention was moving the other contracts that you suggested moving would need to have sweeteners attached to them as they would be strictly cash dumps. Allen you may actually be able to clear his cap and get something in return but if someone is trading you a second round pick they are overpaying and there are lots of other options for a lesser cap hit

That’s not overpay especially when Hutton is negative value. Blues could get a second for him especially when looking at this draft it’s not all that great.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 7:26 a.m.
That’s not overpay especially when Hutton is negative value. Blues could get a second for him especially when looking at this draft it’s not all that great.

Like I said if the Sabres are eating half of Huttons contract trading him offers them no cap relief. They can just stash him in the minors and get similar cap relief. If someone was willing to take on his full contract I would be willing to offer a fifth or sixth round pick. If they wanted more than that to save us under 2 million in cap space for only 1 year then it just isn't worth it for the Sabres better to just stash him in the minors or ride out the contract one more year. And again goaltending is very fickle year to year so there is no reason to expect any goaltender to replicate their performance year over year especially one he has been as up and down as allen has last year. To be clear I would not pay a second round pick for any goaltender 2 in the nhl unless they were under team control for several years and did not need to be protected in the expansion draft. And again there are several UFA and trade candidates that I like just as much or more than Allen
It would be one thing if there were no good options via trade or UFA and Allen was the only goaltender that could possibly be acquired this year, however if that were the case then St Louis wouldn't be willing to move him.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 11:26 a.m.
Like I said if the Sabres are eating half of Huttons contract trading him offers them no cap relief. They can just stash him in the minors and get similar cap relief. If someone was willing to take on his full contract I would be willing to offer a fifth or sixth round pick. If they wanted more than that to save us under 2 million in cap space for only 1 year then it just isn't worth it for the Sabres better to just stash him in the minors or ride out the contract one more year. And again goaltending is very fickle year to year so there is no reason to expect any goaltender to replicate their performance year over year especially one he has been as up and down as allen has last year. To be clear I would not pay a second round pick for any goaltender 2 in the nhl unless they were under team control for several years and did not need to be protected in the expansion draft. And again there are several UFA and trade candidates that I like just as much or more than Allen
It would be one thing if there were no good options via trade or UFA and Allen was the only goaltender that could possibly be acquired this year, however if that were the case then St Louis wouldn't be willing to move him.

Ok agree to disagree because you aren’t understanding my side and aren’t willing to.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.

Difference between me and you is I watch Allen put in the work during the off-season to get better. I see what he wants he wants to get back to what he was, you are in Buffalo you don’t see that and you don’t think he can replicate numbers that’s just an excuse to get away with a quality player for cheap. He might not be amazing but he is still really good.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
Shibbal18
Difference between me and you is I watch Allen put in the work during the off-season to get better. I see what he wants he wants to get back to what he was, you are in Buffalo you don’t see that and you don’t think he can replicate numbers that’s just an excuse to get away with a quality player for cheap. He might not be amazing but he is still really good.

Hutton isnt putting in work? The dude fought through an eye disease during the season
Jul. 5, 2020 at 11:48 a.m.

Are you suggesting that 2 years ago Allen wasn't working hard and trying to be his best and that is why he was so bad??
Jul. 5, 2020 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Hutton isnt putting in work? The dude fought through an eye disease during the season

Are you suggesting that 2 years ago Allen wasn't working hard and trying to be his best and that is why he was so bad??

No the difference between Allen then and Allen now is that he has a chip on his shoulder losing his starting spot where he used to put in the normal blues practice hours he’s staying behind putting in an extra workout every night and is there before practice every morning.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 12:16 p.m.
No the difference between Allen then and Allen now is that he has a chip on his shoulder losing his starting spot where he used to put in the normal blues practice hours he’s staying behind putting in an extra workout every night and is there before practice every morning.

It took him 5 years in the league and until he was 29 years old to start putting in the extra work. I wouldn't count on that lasting for any extended time frame
Shibbal18 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.
It took him 5 years in the league and until he was 29 years old to start putting in the extra work. I wouldn't count on that lasting for any extended time frame

Judging a book by its cover. That’s why I try not to make arguments last, judgemental not giving chances wanting people for cheap so making them look bad.
Jul. 5, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.

Have a great rest of your day.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll