Forums/Armchair-GM

This is a Bruins rant that I need to get off my chest

Created by: nalzugaray12
Team: 2016-17 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 31, 2016
Published: Aug. 31, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So I'm gonna start off the day of the 2015 draft, (aka Don Sweeney's first draft). His first strike was Dougie Hamilton not coming back. I heard the rumors of him not being a cool guy in the locker room but he was going to be our #1 dman. NUMBER 1. He just came off a breakout year and then just like that, gone. A very bad start. Lucic trade, perfect. We robbed them in that trade. That was good. Then don't worry, it all goes downhill from here.
The 13th,14th,15th pick- 3 straight 1st round picks with some good talent on the board. Well Don made some bold moves. 13th he took Jakub Zboril. Not bad. Gritty two way player thats fine. Hell be a top pairing dman. At 14 he took Debrusk. Okay I like him but now im getting worried. Where was Kyle Connor? He's got to be the next pick right? Witht he 15th pick, Bruins select Zach Senyshyn. WHAT? A gamble pick with Connor on the board? Sweeney come on! Senyshyn had a great year but he didn't have the year Connor had. SWEENEY WHAT ARE U DOING? Only time will tell how these players turn out but right now Connor will be a star.
The Reilly Smith trade- Now Smith had a down year in scoring (So did everyone in all fairness) so him and Savard got dished to Florida for Jimmy Hayes (I'll get to him in a second). I was content at first. Smith had a hell of a first year for Boston. He truly is a two way top 6 player. But Savard's contract finally gone was key. Now here comes the fun part. Hayes was absolutely horrible his first year. A man his size that doesn't use his body effectively PISSES me off. He was scratched more than Connolly! Smith, i miss u so much bud. That was a bad trade and we now have that void in the top 6 wing we could of used.
So the trade deadline happens. Eriksson is still a Bruin. Ummmm. So does that mean he's resigning? Negative. Well no playoffs AGAIN so now it looks like we're worse
We're not done yet, Kevan Miller gets a new contract. Now he was absolutely atrocious in the beginning-middle of the year. I will admit he did get better. His stats are so deceiving so don't talk about his plus minus. I get it. The guy is mediocre. I will say he is a bottom pairing dman. Some say he should be a 7th dman or in the AHL, but no the guy belongs on the third pairing i will admit. The problem is, we have 2 of the same type of dmen in Miller and Mcquaid. Both tough and cant play D. I'd rather have Miller than Mcquaid but we are now paying Miller 2.5 million a year for FOUR YEARS. Whoever researches prospect hockey will understand the Bruins have the top 5 best dmen prospect system in the league. WHY IS MILLER APART OF OUR FUTURE? I'm done cuz it gives me a headache
Eriksson is a Canuck so looks like we saved 6 million right? That money will try to get us Shattenkirk next year? WRONG. Enter David Backes. NOW THIS RIGHT HERE, THIS SIGNING PROVED DON SWEENEY HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE'S DOING! IT PROVES IT! The Bruins have 2 first line centers in Bergeron, Krejci and a fantastic 3rd liner in Spooner who could honestly end up being a top 6 player. Why would we get another natural center?HIS GAME IS DROPPING. HES MAKING 6 MILLION until 37 years old!! Days go by and I'm still waiting for a dman. Who do we get? Riley Nash- a center. Not a bad player. But okay Don pull the trigger on a dman. Who's next? Dominic Moore- a center. WE NOW HAVE 7 CENTERS! 7! Don WHAT ARE U DOING? DO YOU KNOW? Offseason is about over now and the Bruins got one new dman named Alex Grant aka an AHL defenseman. He has faith in the bruins defense. ARE U KIDDING ME? We have Kevan Miller in the top pairing with Chara.
So i think Colin Miller is going to be a top 4 dman. He's going to be good. Liles? He was decent. nothing special, just decent. Mcquaid shouldn't be here anymore. Chara has 2 years left. Morrow is developing his game still but i think hell be solid, not flashy. Our D prospects aren't ready either.

SO WHAT AM I SUGGESTING IS THE PROBLEM?
Don Sweeney and Cam Neely are the problem. They should both not be here. They are stuck in this tough, big bad Bruins look that is just completely gone. This team should focus on getting younger and getting defense. David Backes would be okay for 2 years. 6 YEARS? NOOOOOOOO. We are going to be in the same exact place where we were last season. Not good enough to be a playoff team, not bad enough to be in the top 10 draft board. ZERO defense. we're out of the shattenkirk race UNLESS marchand is gone. I am totally fine with Marchand getting dealt for a dman. 7 million a year? GTFO. He has never put up 60 points til last season and now he wants 7 million. Get out. Fire Sweeney and lets get somebody who knows what they're doing.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$63,768,334$0$515,000$9,231,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
RW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,916,667$6,916,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$600,000$600,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 20, 2016 at 1:41 a.m.
Bahston Brewins
The fact you're still commenting on my thread is very weird. But I actually really want your side, why do YOU think management is going the right way? Tell me how this Backes signing was good for the long term plan? Tell me how the Bruins will be a playoff team this year?
Quoting: BreKel
Quoting: Patrick_Rodden
Jesus, here we go again the Impatient Bruins fan, If you want to blame and point the finger Look at the dope running the Edmonton Oilers, HE IS THE ONE WHO MADE THIS MESS, the Doug Hamilton trade was a slam dunk, Sweeney couldn't have been more right about Hamilton, who showcased that without Claude he is a number 4 Defense men NOT a number 1. so they got a first and two seconds for a number 4 defense men. Senyshyn, JFK, and Lazoun. so while you were ranting about how off the board Don went to grab him at 15 he scored 45 goals and 20 assists in 66 games for the Greyhounds. JFK and Lazoun have potential to be good players. and while you ***** and moan about Kevan miller and David Backes keep in mind there is likely multiple expansion drafts coming in the near future with one next off-season, face it Don is smarter than you.

Well said. He won't be responding anymore more. He on that banned status for his stupidity.
Sep. 20, 2016 at 10:23 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: nalzugaray12
Don't listen to him, I see him EVERYWHERE bashing everyone's post thinking he knows all. Go look at his team he posted and look what he traded to get Hampus Lindholm. It is absolutely hysterical. I dont know what day from the past he's living in but the management is absolutely the problem and are going the total wrong direction.
Quoting: BruinsForTheWin
Brekel I think you are the only one who believes in Bostons management. They took a Stanley Cup Winning + runner up team and made it miss the playoffs without HAVING to lose any of the core. Get a clue man.

I'm just the only one who knows what they're talking about.
It's more like you have no clue. A new GM has around 3 years to prove his worth. Our GM did no better than the previous GM in year one. His gains / losses are about equal this year. We should finish just outside the playoffs again. If we suck again this year he's gone. You can't be given 4 top 100 F's ( Bergy Marchy Krejci Lucic) and 3 top 80 D's ( Chara Seids Krug) plus a top 10 type goalie in Rask and then miss the playoffs. We aren't getting better under dum dum Don and I know you're probably hard for him since he must have played during your prime, but you are grossly impaired if you think either you or he has a freakin clue.

For one, you're responding the biggest troll CapFriendly has seen, and has since been banned. Don't question my Bruins knowledge. Please.... I'm one of the most intelligent Bruins posters on this site. I know my ****, I am confident with my ****, and if soemone looks dumb, I have no issue calling them out on it (and the type of mood I'm in determines the level or rudeness). I also have a level of understanding of what it takes to get players NOT ON THE BRUINS. You really think my Lindholm offer is, "hysterical,"? You aren't getting a Lindholm caliber player for anything less than a Pastrnak+ deal. He's that good. Maybe open your eyes and watch the league a bit. More to the NHL than just the Bruins and the 2 games they play every team in (that's not in their division). \

The front office hasn't been perfect, something I've repeated over and over, but they've been better than you lead to believe. It's that narrow minded, "I want it now," mentality. This farm system is stacked and will start producing soon.

Just because I don't want to quote you again, on your Hamilton point.... The only thing hysterical is you saying that guy is a #1 defenseman. Paaaaaaaleeze. He's soft as butter and has a 10 cent brain in his own end. That is not #1 material at all. At this point, he's nothing more than a #3. Just because he was a #2 here, doesn't mean he was one. Hamilton doesn't play a strong enough 2 way game to be a #1 defenseman and unless he has a drastic change, will never be one.

And on the prospects. Zboril had an awful year? If you just stat watch, sure..... You do know that, and especially with defenseman, there is more to the position than point production. What I love is when I actually have knowledge of the situation, and watch posters like yourself comment on it like you do. You're actually wrong. Zboril had a down point season, true, but like you stated he was asked to play a more shutdown defensive type of role. He pouted in the beginning, but instead of going about that attitude the whole year, he turned it around, and embraced it. That, to me, is actually more positive. No, we don't like seeing him pout, but he matured on the situation and turned a negative into a positive. This kid (and everyone else) is 18-19 years old. These are KIDS. I want growth from my defenseman, and Zboril grew his defensive game. That will only help in the long run.

On Lauzon, I've seen him projected anywhere from a solid 1st pairing guy (who compliments a #1) to a #6. I think he easily lands in the middle with his skillset. A solid #3-4. The haul we got for Hamilton was awesome. Lauzon, JFK, and Senyshyn? Sign me up. All 3 have serious potential, and I see all making an impact at the next level.

McAvoy..... This kid has legit #1 potential. Not sure where you're getting your info from. This kid has serious #1 potential, and the Bruins stole him in the middle rounds. Right shot, two way game that's only getting better. He is confident with and without the puck. He's physical and not afraid to throw a big hit. He's a great skater. Moves well and has speed. Explosive from the backend. Couple that all with a big time point shot, and solid hockey IQ. This kid is going to be an NHL player, and a good one. I could easily see him being a #1 down the road. He has everything you look for in one.
Sep. 20, 2016 at 1:16 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Not one of the Bruins prospects has number one potential. Mcavoy and Zboril have top pairing but not number 1. And im not stat watching zboril. You expect him to be a number 1 when Chabot took over the number 1 dman job in his freicken junior team. And that Lauzon being a number 1 dman is a complete lie bud. Please find me your source on where he would be a number 1. That's so bad. He's more than likely gonna be a 3rd pairing or a number 4. Bruins didn't steal Mcavoy. He was projected to go there in the middle. so im not sure where you get your info from. Not one analyst thinks he will be a number 1 dman. The only dmen that have a chance of being number 1 are Sergachev and Juolevi. I agree Mcavoy will be good, very good. But no way he is a number 1 dman. Unless the Bruins force him to be one, it's not happening
Don't listen to him, I see him EVERYWHERE bashing everyone's post thinking he knows all. Go look at his team he posted and look what he traded to get Hampus Lindholm. It is absolutely hysterical. I dont know what day from the past he's living in but the management is absolutely the problem and are going the total wrong direction.
Brekel I think you are the only one who believes in Bostons management. They took a Stanley Cup Winning + runner up team and made it miss the playoffs without HAVING to lose any of the core. Get a clue man.

I'm just the only one who knows what they're talking about.
It's more like you have no clue. A new GM has around 3 years to prove his worth. Our GM did no better than the previous GM in year one. His gains / losses are about equal this year. We should finish just outside the playoffs again. If we suck again this year he's gone. You can't be given 4 top 100 F's ( Bergy Marchy Krejci Lucic) and 3 top 80 D's ( Chara Seids Krug) plus a top 10 type goalie in Rask and then miss the playoffs. We aren't getting better under dum dum Don and I know you're probably hard for him since he must have played during your prime, but you are grossly impaired if you think either you or he has a freakin clue.

For one, you're responding the biggest troll CapFriendly has seen, and has since been banned. Don't question my Bruins knowledge. Please.... I'm one of the most intelligent Bruins posters on this site. I know my ****, I am confident with my ****, and if soemone looks dumb, I have no issue calling them out on it (and the type of mood I'm in determines the level or rudeness). I also have a level of understanding of what it takes to get players NOT ON THE BRUINS. You really think my Lindholm offer is, "hysterical,"? You aren't getting a Lindholm caliber player for anything less than a Pastrnak+ deal. He's that good. Maybe open your eyes and watch the league a bit. More to the NHL than just the Bruins and the 2 games they play every team in (that's not in their division). \

The front office hasn't been perfect, something I've repeated over and over, but they've been better than you lead to believe. It's that narrow minded, "I want it now," mentality. This farm system is stacked and will start producing soon.

Just because I don't want to quote you again, on your Hamilton point.... The only thing hysterical is you saying that guy is a #1 defenseman. Paaaaaaaleeze. He's soft as butter and has a 10 cent brain in his own end. That is not #1 material at all. At this point, he's nothing more than a #3. Just because he was a #2 here, doesn't mean he was one. Hamilton doesn't play a strong enough 2 way game to be a #1 defenseman and unless he has a drastic change, will never be one.

And on the prospects. Zboril had an awful year? If you just stat watch, sure..... You do know that, and especially with defenseman, there is more to the position than point production. What I love is when I actually have knowledge of the situation, and watch posters like yourself comment on it like you do. You're actually wrong. Zboril had a down point season, true, but like you stated he was asked to play a more shutdown defensive type of role. He pouted in the beginning, but instead of going about that attitude the whole year, he turned it around, and embraced it. That, to me, is actually more positive. No, we don't like seeing him pout, but he matured on the situation and turned a negative into a positive. This kid (and everyone else) is 18-19 years old. These are KIDS. I want growth from my defenseman, and Zboril grew his defensive game. That will only help in the long run.

On Lauzon, I've seen him projected anywhere from a solid 1st pairing guy (who compliments a #1) to a #6. I think he easily lands in the middle with his skillset. A solid #3-4. The haul we got for Hamilton was awesome. Lauzon, JFK, and Senyshyn? Sign me up. All 3 have serious potential, and I see all making an impact at the next level.

McAvoy..... This kid has legit #1 potential. Not sure where you're getting your info from. This kid has serious #1 potential, and the Bruins stole him in the middle rounds. Right shot, two way game that's only getting better. He is confident with and without the puck. He's physical and not afraid to throw a big hit. He's a great skater. Moves well and has speed. Explosive from the backend. Couple that all with a big time point shot, and solid hockey IQ. This kid is going to be an NHL player, and a good one. I could easily see him being a #1 down the road. He has everything you look for in one.
Sep. 20, 2016 at 5:08 p.m.
BreKel
Not one of the Bruins prospects has number one potential. Mcavoy and Zboril have top pairing but not number 1. And im not stat watching zboril. You expect him to be a number 1 when Chabot took over the number 1 dman job in his freicken junior team. And that Lauzon being a number 1 dman is a complete lie bud. Please find me your source on where he would be a number 1. That's so bad. He's more than likely gonna be a 3rd pairing or a number 4. Bruins didn't steal Mcavoy. He was projected to go there in the middle. so im not sure where you get your info from. Not one analyst thinks he will be a number 1 dman. The only dmen that have a chance of being number 1 are Sergachev and Juolevi. I agree Mcavoy will be good, very good. But no way he is a number 1 dman. Unless the Bruins force him to be one, it's not happening

For one, how the **** do you know? I can't stand that Nostradamus **** people pull to try and sound intelligent. Go back and look at some of the #1 defenseman in this league and then see where they were drafted. I'll tell you what..... Josi, Weber, Subban; just to name a few, were not considered #1's when they were draft seeing they didn't even go in the 1st round. I've seen McAvoy considered to have #1 potential. Go read up on it. I'm not doing your homework for you.

On my McAvoy point, yes..... because a player is considered to go there, and you take him there, that obviously doesn't mean you can't steal him. There are other teams in the middle rounds, correct? Any one of those teams ahead of the Bruins could have taken McAvoy.

And Lauzon. Go back and read. Never did I say he was a #1 potential. i don't see it, and who knows he may end up a #1. i SAID a compliment to a #1 on a top pair. You need to read buddy, and stop twisting my words around to fit your argument.
Sep. 21, 2016 at 11:03 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Lol I love how in the other post you ask me to send a link to you, but when I ask you, you say you're not doing my "homework". Such a hypocrite

For one, how the **** do you know? I can't stand that Nostradamus **** people pull to try and sound intelligent. Go back and look at some of the #1 defenseman in this league and then see where they were drafted. I'll tell you what..... Josi, Weber, Subban; just to name a few, were not considered #1's when they were draft seeing they didn't even go in the 1st round. I've seen McAvoy considered to have #1 potential. Go read up on it. I'm not doing your homework for you.

On my McAvoy point, yes..... because a player is considered to go there, and you take him there, that obviously doesn't mean you can't steal him. There are other teams in the middle rounds, correct? Any one of those teams ahead of the Bruins could have taken McAvoy.

And Lauzon. Go back and read. Never did I say he was a #1 potential. i don't see it, and who knows he may end up a #1. i SAID a compliment to a #1 on a top pair. You need to read buddy, and stop twisting my words around to fit your argument.
Sep. 21, 2016 at 11:04 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Not one article comes up stating Mcavoy has #1 potential. Not ONE. Pathetic

Sep. 22, 2016 at 8:54 a.m.
BreKel
Not one article comes up stating Mcavoy has #1 potential. Not ONE. Pathetic

I've found plenty. More to it than googling "Charlie McAvoy" and seeing what comes up. Have to find podcasts, twitter, etc. etc. Come on baby, don't challenge me and then wuss out. Don't call me pathetic either. I know what I'm talking about.

McAvoy has top end potential. Top end potential = #1 defenseman. He was considered, by some, the best defenseman in the draft, for crying out loud. Also, you're all hellbent on the Bruins needing to find a #1. Why didn't they just draft Chychrun then? Once considered a sure fire top 5 pick, and a potential #1 defenseman, he fell to #16.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll