Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$81,500,000$83,685,833$932,500$5,732,500-$2,185,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$811,667$811,667
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,167$894,167
RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$722,500$722,500
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,137,500$2,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$737,500$737,500
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 3, 2020 at 10:56 a.m.
Leave the d pairs alone. Put Miro and Klinger out there together for offensive draws. Monty was starting to do it quite a bit before getting the boot. Worked really nicely. Doubt Perry comes out
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:02 p.m.
IHC will live and die with the same roster, the same lines and the same strategy. It’s either confidence or stubbornness or stupidity depending on which side of the fence you are.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:47 p.m.
Quoting: SlevinKalevra
Leave the d pairs alone. Put Miro and Klinger out there together for offensive draws. Monty was starting to do it quite a bit before getting the boot. Worked really nicely. Doubt Perry comes out

Yeah at this point I just want to see it all game. The forward changes are unrealistic given how clueless Bowness is.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
Quoting: Phleb2
IHC will live and die with the same roster, the same lines and the same strategy. It’s either confidence or stubbornness or stupidity depending on which side of the fence you are.

It’s stupidity on Bowness.
It’s inability on Nill and the front office to look at that roster and genuinely think it’s a contender. Slow, old, and reckless with regards to taking penalties.

They lose to Calgary if Tkachuk plays. They’re back down to earth now and should lose to a hobbled Avalanche team.

For the sake of all the young guys on the roster and coming up, just tear it down this fall and be ready to actually contend in a few.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: EvanW
It’s stupidity on Bowness.
It’s inability on Nill and the front office to look at that roster and genuinely think it’s a contender. Slow, old, and reckless with regards to taking penalties.

They lose to Calgary if Tkachuk plays. They’re back down to earth now and should lose to a hobbled Avalanche team.

For the sake of all the young guys on the roster and coming up, just tear it down this fall and be ready to actually contend in a few.

There is a lot of unhappy people on the Stars’ boards regarding the penalties. But, if you do not have the puck and/or are too slow to follow the play, usually you get more penalties than the other teams. Teams with the puck and with more offensive zone time takes much less penalties, especially if their skill level is much higher.
SlevinKalevra liked this.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
There is a lot of unhappy people on the Stars’ boards regarding the penalties. But, if you do not have the puck and/or are too slow to follow the play, usually you get more penalties than the other teams. Teams with the puck and with more offensive zone time takes much less penalties, especially if their skill level is much higher.

Yeah I’m halfway excited the country (night owls) are seeing us get exposed. Hopefully that puts pressure on the right people.

I’ve heard from someone that cancelled some pretty prime season tickets that there have been a significant amount of cancellations. And it’s not because of the org’s support of BLM, though it was a clever spin by whoever said it. People are done with it all. Seeing how Cuban approaches his Mavs club, I personally think Gaglardi needs to sell and someone locally take over that has an ounce of care.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.
Yeah at this point I just want to see it all game. The forward changes are unrealistic given how clueless Bowness is.

I’m far from pro Bowness right now, but you won’t find many coaches in the NHL that will throw two rookies into a game 7
Sep. 3, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.

I don’t think it’s being stubborn or stupid. I think it’s a combination of lack of imagination and being stuck in his ways (which you could argue falls under stubborn). And to be fair the last change he made costed us game 5 and possibly the series. There are things I like about Bowness, but I just can’t wrap my head around that Bishop start. Not taking anything away from Rado. They came out like a team facing elimination is supposed to come out
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:12 p.m.
I’m far from pro Bowness right now, but you won’t find many coaches in the NHL that will throw two rookies into a game 7

Which is why you play them far earlier and often. It’s no secret to anyone that the team has struggled to have an offensive identity for 2 years and has endured a 7 & 12 game slide. As a guy that has been around for a while, not recognizing this is flat out stupidity.

The reality is the guy was fired by one of the top GM’s in the game for being responsible for a unit that “just wasn’t good enough.” He can’t cut it as a HC, IHC, or even an assistant on a true contender.

Playing Bishop isn’t an issue, so long as Bishop said he was ready to go and wanted to go. Khudobin needed a rest, so why not try and steal a game with someone who finished in the Vezina hunt multiple times. Turns out we could’ve had a brick wall and still lost that one.

To run out the same ineffective line up night after night is a problem. That, is stupidity. He hasn’t been dealt an awesome hand by Nill, who also stinks, but have some balls and change it up. I’m not going to miss either of them.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:33 p.m.
I don’t think it’s being stubborn or stupid. I think it’s a combination of lack of imagination and being stuck in his ways (which you could argue falls under stubborn). And to be fair the last change he made costed us game 5 and possibly the series. There are things I like about Bowness, but I just can’t wrap my head around that Bishop start. Not taking anything away from Rado. They came out like a team facing elimination is supposed to come out

The Bishop decision is, to be polite, very strange. Especially when Bishop is back in the "unfit to play" category the day after. Clearly someone drop the ball here or Bishop was not honest with Bowness. You do not send an injured goaltender in front of the net in the PO when you have other and better options. I mean, it's not rocket science that it's better to have a not rested Dobby than an injured Bishop.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:42 p.m.
The Bishop decision is, to be polite, very strange. Especially when Bishop is back in the "unfit to play" category the day after. Clearly someone drop the ball here or Bishop was not honest with Bowness. You do not send an injured goaltender in front of the net in the PO when you have other and better options. I mean, it's not rocket science that it's better to have a not rested Dobby than an injured Bishop.

Yeah I’m going to assume Bish and staff said he was good to go and he looked fine on the days he did skate. If that’s the case, I can move past it. If not then trade him and fire all involved.

What I cannot get over is how we watch the same thing night after night without a single adjustment or personnel change. If there are attempted adjustments, they current personnel is not capable of revealing them. Again, a personnel issue.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
Yeah I’m going to assume Bish and staff said he was good to go and he looked fine on the days he did skate. If that’s the case, I can move past it. If not then trade him and fire all involved.

What I cannot get over is how we watch the same thing night after night without a single adjustment or personnel change. If there are attempted adjustments, they current personnel is not capable of revealing them. Again, a personnel issue.

The roster changes that could be made IMO includes these players: BC, Cogliano, Perry, Sekera and Janmark. I do not mean to change them all but these are the one I would consider if I wanted to do changes. Player who could be coming in would be (in no order) Harley, Dellandrea, Robertson, Hanley, Kiviranta.

The problem here is that the players coming out are all Vets. So no easy hook here for Bowness who is a Vet coach first. A coach who gives a lot of importance in the little things that Vets brings instead of the energy that younger players brings. The ice time of Guri (our most productive forward in the PO) game after game after game is an indication of that philosophy.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 6:18 p.m.
The roster changes that could be made IMO includes these players: BC, Cogliano, Perry, Sekera and Janmark. I do not mean to change them all but these are the one I would consider if I wanted to do changes. Player who could be coming in would be (in no order) Harley, Dellandrea, Robertson, Hanley, Kiviranta.

The problem here is that the players coming out are all Vets. So no easy hook here for Bowness who is a Vet coach first. A coach who gives a lot of importance in the little things that Vets brings instead of the energy that younger players brings. The ice time of Guri (our most productive forward in the PO) game after game after game is an indication of that philosophy.

Yeah I’m much more inclined to play a young forward as opposed to a young defensemen, no matter how much I like Harley. Though Sekera has been slow and as uninspiring as it gets up until the last game or two, I’d rather make forward changes.

Perry has to go. Has to. He is a liability. I personally think he’s killed Hintz’s game too since he can’t keep up. Again, on Bowness to recognize this. I would rather sit Cogliano but feels like Perry has rubbed off on BC and now he wants to join the penalty party. Not a good omen for us that their power play has been quite and we insist on continuing to put them on it.

It’s just a bad, inescapable situation that will all be over by midnight (hopefully) Friday.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
Yeah I’m much more inclined to play a young forward as opposed to a young defensemen, no matter how much I like Harley. Though Sekera has been slow and as uninspiring as it gets up until the last game or two, I’d rather make forward changes.

Perry has to go. Has to. He is a liability. I personally think he’s killed Hintz’s game too since he can’t keep up. Again, on Bowness to recognize this. I would rather sit Cogliano but feels like Perry has rubbed off on BC and now he wants to join the penalty party. Not a good omen for us that their power play has been quite and we insist on continuing to put them on it.

It’s just a bad, inescapable situation that will all be over by midnight (hopefully) Friday.

I really cannot imagine in my wildest dreams Bowness telling either Cogliano and Perry that they are healthy scratch. On the other hand, I can easily imagine Monty doing that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll