Forums/Armchair-GM

Hot Dog

Created by: DJSums17
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 23, 2020
Published: Dec. 24, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is all assuming the league gets back to semi normal in 2 years. The expansion and tV deal bring in enough money to not only recover most of lost assets but to make more too. The NHL also expands their gambling deal for more money. The ads work on the helmets so they put 1 or 2 on the hockey sweater.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
2$975,000
4$3,250,000
2$1,250,000
2$1,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,250,000
3$3,250,000
5$6,750,000
2$1,750,000
1$3,750,000
1$3,750,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2022 5th round pick (CBJ)
TOR
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (SJS)
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
Done at the 21 draft.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$85,000,000$85,080,061$212,500$132,500-$80,061
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
C
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
RFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 5
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
RFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA
$809,444$809,444
C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 25, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
Meh
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Lol I know damn well developing players isn't an exact science like you claim it to be and have given several examples to prove so. So where are the lies?

I have never said that it was an exact science. That was a lie that have repeatedly spread, and you knowingly do so. I have never said that every single D is developed in the same way. That is a lie that you have repeatedly spread, and you knowingly do so. What I have said - and you know damn well what I have said, but you are a thoroughly dishonest POS - is that there are three principles of developing D - that are used on almost all young D who are successfully developed into top-4 D. You know this too which is why you can only find a handful of D who are developed differently (and some of the few that you have found were not). You know the reality, but you lie anyways because you are a dishonest POS.
Dec. 25, 2020 at 11:14 p.m.
Meh
Quoting: aadoyle
I dont like doing that. I only like calling people out when they are wrong. Kapenan going for more than a 1st and Johnsson for a good prospect made me smile

Remember when you said that Josh Anderson scored 27 goals because he was playing with Panarin and PLD, when in reality he was only on the ice for 4 goals with either. And then you doubled down on that lie? No surprise with you.
Dec. 25, 2020 at 11:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Miles_Togo
Today said that Josh Anderson scored 27 goals because he was playing with Panarin and PLD, when in reality he was only on the ice for 4 goals with either. And then you doubled down on that lie when called out on it. Of course that is just today. The group of you lie nonstop.

Cool story, I didn't say anything about Anderson. I just like how everyone who disagrees with you lies. But tell me more about how I am somehow lying after proving your crap wrong?
Dec. 25, 2020 at 11:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: aadoyle
I dont like doing that. I only like calling people out when they try to dis on teams for no reason or say a player is going to become this when in reality he aint. Kapenan going for more than a 1st and Johnsson for a good prospect made me smile as I said it was going to happen and people doubted me well Dubas proved me right lul.

Totally
Dec. 25, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Banned
I have never said that it was an exact science. That was a lie that have repeatedly spread, and you knowingly do so. I have never said that every single D is developed in the same way. That is a lie that you have repeatedly spread, and you knowingly do so. What I have said - and you know damn well what I have said, but you are a thoroughly dishonest POS - is that there are three principles of developing D - that are used on almost all young D who are successfully developed into top-4 D. You know this too which is why you can only find a handful of D who are developed differently (and some of the few that you have found were not). You know the reality, but you lie anyways because you are a dishonest POS.

Do you really want me to go back through your comments to point out your own words to you? You claimed to have done the research and all top defenceman were developed the same way. Dubas by not putting Sandin and Liljegren in the NHL for good meant they are now busts. Your words not mine yours. Your reasoning was because you did the research all top 4 defenceman made it and stayed. All of them. I mentioned muzzin and Ellis and you said Muzzin was different because he was a late bloomer and Ellis was different because reasons so it didn't count. So then I said, what about Theodore and you said of course their are outliers to which I gave you several more examples. The guy who won the Norris 2 seasons ago should have been a sure fire bust according to you. But I suppose all these are lies because, how did you put it, I'm too stupid to understand anything. Seems like you don't understand what lies are or understand that it's pretty easy to go back and see your own comments to use your own words against you. Do yourself a favor and just stop, because you just keep digging deeper whole and look more silly by the day.
Dec. 26, 2020 at 12:43 a.m.
Meh
Do you really want me to go back through your comments to point out your own words to you? You claimed to have done the research and all top defenceman were developed the same way.

Lying POS.

What I said is that there are three principles of development for D that all people who understand development know - including Dubas. That Dubas has violated all three principles development.

Quote:
Dubas by not putting Sandin and Liljegren in the NHL for good meant they are now busts. Your words not mine yours.

Again - complete pathological lying POS. I clearly said that they might reach their potential if they were traded.

Quote:
Your reasoning was because you did the research all top 4 defenceman made it and stayed.

I looked at every top-4 D and I also looked at all the D drafted in the first 2 rounds. I never said that every D who became a top-4 D made it to the NHL and stayed permanently, but the vast majority did. That is why I called it one of the three principles. Everyone knows this. Including Dubas who said himself that the Leafs' would never bring a 18 - 21 year old player into the lineup unless they would be a permanent member from then on because to do otherwise was too damaging.

Quote:
I mentioned muzzin and Ellis and you said Muzzin was different because he was a late bloomer and Ellis was different because reasons so it didn't count.

1) Late bloomers have nothing at all to do with developing young players drafted in the first two rounds. They have so little to do with it that is basically all you have to go on. You would think that you would have plenty of examples of D being drafted in the first round or two being developed like Sandin is and making that you would be able to name many, but you can't because it is a disastrously bad way to develop prospects.

2) Muzzin was drafted 141st overall. No one expected him to turn out. When he went to camp in 2010 and surprised the team they started to develop him. They followed the principles of development - appropriate partner and into the top-4 quickly. They only place where they did not follow it was the initial trial they gave him in the NHL in the fall of 2010 before sending him to the AHL for more than 2 full years. When he next played in the NHL it was as a permanent player. They never once shuttled him up and down to cover for injuries - not once in more than 2 years. It wasn't perfect, but you are simply wrong here. The Kings followed the principles of development.

3) With your Ellis example you are also simply wrong, but that is no surprise. Ellis was not brought up for a single NHL game until the Preds were sure that he would be a permanent member in the NHL. That he chose to go down to play in the AHL when the Preds were not playing means absolutely nothing in terms of being a permanent player on the NHL squad. So when he played in the AHL because the NHL was locked out that is shuttling up and down to cover injuries or because they don't have a spot on the team. He also chose to go down as part of injury recovery. Something that Muzzin also did just this year. When Muzzin played a game in the AHL it wasn't because his spot on the Leafs' roster was up in the air.

Quote:
So then I said, what about Theodore and you said of course their are outliers

Of course there are outliers. Hello?? But only a complete moron would want their team to base their development of prospects on a tiny number of complete outliers.

Quote:
The guy who won the Norris 2 seasons ago should have been a sure fire bust according to you.

Again with this stupidity. No one would ever compare the development of Giordano who was never drafted to any other player. No one said "How could the Leafs' trade Frankie Corrado to Pittsburgh? Look at Giordano." Again there is not a single D drafted in the first 2 rounds who could be considered anything like Giordano. Because - development is a thing that follows patterns and success is based on principles and that is still true no matter much you choose to deny it (and only deny it because it is required to defend your cult leader).

Quote:
I'm too stupid to understand anything.

The one thing you have gotten correct.
Dec. 26, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
Banned
Lying POS.

What I said is that there are three principles of development for D that all people who understand development know - including Dubas. That Dubas has violated all three principles development.

Quote:
Dubas by not putting Sandin and Liljegren in the NHL for good meant they are now busts. Your words not mine yours.

Again - complete pathological lying POS. I clearly said that they might reach their potential if they were traded.

Quote:
Your reasoning was because you did the research all top 4 defenceman made it and stayed.

I looked at every top-4 D and I also looked at all the D drafted in the first 2 rounds. I never said that every D who became a top-4 D made it to the NHL and stayed permanently, but the vast majority did. That is why I called it one of the three principles. Everyone knows this. Including Dubas who said himself that the Leafs' would never bring a 18 - 21 year old player into the lineup unless they would be a permanent member from then on because to do otherwise was too damaging.

Quote:
I mentioned muzzin and Ellis and you said Muzzin was different because he was a late bloomer and Ellis was different because reasons so it didn't count.

1) Late bloomers have nothing at all to do with developing young players drafted in the first two rounds. They have so little to do with it that is basically all you have to go on. You would think that you would have plenty of examples of D being drafted in the first round or two being developed like Sandin is and making that you would be able to name many, but you can't because it is a disastrously bad way to develop prospects.

2) Muzzin was drafted 141st overall. No one expected him to turn out. When he went to camp in 2010 and surprised the team they started to develop him. They followed the principles of development - appropriate partner and into the top-4 quickly. They only place where they did not follow it was the initial trial they gave him in the NHL in the fall of 2010 before sending him to the AHL for more than 2 full years. When he next played in the NHL it was as a permanent player. They never once shuttled him up and down to cover for injuries - not once in more than 2 years. It wasn't perfect, but you are simply wrong here. The Kings followed the principles of development.

3) With your Ellis example you are also simply wrong, but that is no surprise. Ellis was not brought up for a single NHL game until the Preds were sure that he would be a permanent member in the NHL. That he chose to go down to play in the AHL when the Preds were not playing means absolutely nothing in terms of being a permanent player on the NHL squad. So when he played in the AHL because the NHL was locked out that is shuttling up and down to cover injuries or because they don't have a spot on the team. He also chose to go down as part of injury recovery. Something that Muzzin also did just this year. When Muzzin played a game in the AHL it wasn't because his spot on the Leafs' roster was up in the air.

Quote:
So then I said, what about Theodore and you said of course their are outliers

Of course there are outliers. Hello?? But only a complete moron would want their team to base their development of prospects on a tiny number of complete outliers.

Quote:
The guy who won the Norris 2 seasons ago should have been a sure fire bust according to you.

Again with this stupidity. No one would ever compare the development of Giordano who was never drafted to any other player. No one said "How could the Leafs' trade Frankie Corrado to Pittsburgh? Look at Giordano." Again there is not a single D drafted in the first 2 rounds who could be considered anything like Giordano. Because - development is a thing that follows patterns and success is based on principles and that is still true no matter much you choose to deny it (and only deny it because it is required to defend your cult leader).

Quote:
I'm too stupid to understand anything.

The one thing you have gotten correct.

You are so full of crap. Just moving the goal posts and insulting everyone who challenges you. You said there is one way and one way only. And you researched every top 4 defenceman in the NHL and ALL were the same. Now you change your story when shown it's garbage. Pathological, lol just go to bed kid, you are a fool and you've been show just how silly you are. Changing your stance now is just typical of the small minded fragile troll you are. See ya
Dec. 26, 2020 at 2:52 p.m.
Meh
You are so full of crap. Just moving the goal posts and insulting everyone who challenges you. You said there is one way and one way only. And you researched every top 4 defenceman in the NHL and ALL were the same. Now you change your story when shown it's garbage. Pathological, lol just go to bed kid, you are a fool and you've been show just how silly you are. Changing your stance now is just typical of the small minded fragile troll you are. See ya

The pathological lying POS returns. If you had an arugment you wouldn't need to lie with every word you say. Just because I say that everyone that knows a thing about development knows there is a right way and a wrong way, doesn't mean that no one who was ever developed the wrong way managed to get there. Only a amazing level of idiocy would get one to where you get.
Dec. 26, 2020 at 4:16 p.m.
Banned
The pathological lying POS returns. If you had an arugment you wouldn't need to lie with every word you say. Just because I say that everyone that knows a thing about development knows there is a right way and a wrong way, doesn't mean that no one who was ever developed the wrong way managed to get there. Only a amazing level of idiocy would get one to where you get.

I gave you my argument and it was a winner, and your response was to change your tune and say I lied. I've reiterated this several times to which you keep saying the same thing. Your Trumpian "everything is fake news" garbage is both weak and all together expected. Just a child filling an empty void in their life by lashing out at people you don't know on the internet. Just the usual coward hiding behind a key board yelling at anyone you can. Go to bed kiddo.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll