Forums/Armchair-GM

Affordable scoring & depth?

Created by: Watty1
Team: 2016-17 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 29, 2016
Published: Nov. 29, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Given Ottawa has Turris, Brassard & Pageau up the middle, adding a veteran like Hansen might make sense for the playoffs. He has an affordable cap hit, is a 17-20 goal scorer and can play on all 4 lines. Lazar is struggling, does he have a long-term future in Ottawa?
Trades
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$73,000,000$63,700,000$0$0$9,300,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,187,500$5,187,500
LW
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,887,500$1,887,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,200,000$4,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,800,000$2,800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$575,000$575,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:39 a.m.
You're asking the Canucks to give up a player coming off of a season with career high totals for Lazar who you said is struggling.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: nuxfan
You're asking the Canucks to give up a player coming off of a season with career high totals for Lazar who you said is struggling.

Aren't they rebuilding? This is exactly the type of trade they need. You Nucks fans make Hansen out to be top scorer or something. He's a decent player and I'd take him on my team any day but he isn't a true top forward. He's getting older, he's fragile and put up good numbers playing alongside players who made him look better then he actually is.

Lazar has definitely struggled no one is doubting that but when looking at it with context, he's only 21, he's only in his last year of his ELC still, for a teenager to put up even the points he has in the minutes he was used isn't that bad.

Ottawa selling this guy short would be a mistake IMO but for Hansen is a pretty good trade off. Nucks are rebuilding and get a former 1st rounder who has put up decent numbers at his age. Ottawa gets a ready now player to help them win a cup.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Aren't they rebuilding? This is exactly the type of trade they need. You Nucks fans make Hansen out to be top scorer or something. He's a decent player and I'd take him on my team any day but he isn't a true top forward. He's getting older, he's fragile and put up good numbers playing alongside players who made him look better then he actually is.

Lazar has definitely struggled no one is doubting that but when looking at it with context, he's only 21, he's only in his last year of his ELC still, for a teenager to put up even the points he has in the minutes he was used isn't that bad.

Ottawa selling this guy short would be a mistake IMO but for Hansen is a pretty good trade off. Nucks are rebuilding and get a former 1st rounder who has put up decent numbers at his age. Ottawa gets a ready now player to help them win a cup.

I laughed pretty hard at that. "Ottawa gets a ready ayer to help them win the cup". That team is not close to a cup.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 1:58 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyRebound

I laughed pretty hard at that. "Ottawa gets a ready ayer to help them win the cup". That team is not close to a cup.

Don't disagree with you but since we're quoting "Ottawa gets a ready now player to help them win a cup." In their eyes, they are going for the cup are they not? Doesn't mean they will win the cup necessarily but that is the goal for them.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 2:06 p.m.

Don't disagree with you but since we're quoting "Ottawa gets a ready now player to help them win a cup." In their eyes, they are going for the cup are they not? Doesn't mean they will win the cup necessarily but that is the goal for them.

If they're looking for a player to help them win a cup, it would be a top 4 D to play on their bottom pairing rather than Boro/Wideman. Though defense hasn't been an issue for them, it will be eventually when teams adjust to Boucher's schemes, much like what happened in Tampa. The neutral zone trap only works for so long. I still think they may need a top 9 forward as well but defensive depth should be a top priority.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 2:27 p.m.

If they're looking for a player to help them win a cup, it would be a top 4 D to play on their bottom pairing rather than Boro/Wideman. Though defense hasn't been an issue for them, it will be eventually when teams adjust to Boucher's schemes, much like what happened in Tampa. The neutral zone trap only works for so long. I still think they may need a top 9 forward as well but defensive depth should be a top priority.

Fair enough, Im not an Ott fan so I don't analyze their needs all that much but given that this trade scenario is from an Ottawa perspective, Its OP's choice to add what he feels is what is needed. I was just commenting on the value of the trade.
Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:11 p.m.
Colin400
There are many reasons why that wouldn't happen, but the biggest strike is that Ottawa's taking on salary. They're already over the internal budget, and Melnyk is not going to open up the wallet for a veteran just coming off an injury.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll