Forums/Armchair-GM

Playoffs

Created by: pharrow
Team: 2020-21 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 22, 2021
Published: Apr. 22, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What I'd like to see but will never happen.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$79,610,706$0$982,500$1,889,294
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000 ($125,000$125K$125,000$125K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
C, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 2
RD
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 23, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
Pens are 100% not splitting up Guentzel and Crosby.

You have the 2nd and 3rd pairings in the wrong order.

Why is Evan Rodrigues out of the lineup? He has played very well as of late.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 9:33 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: ChampEddy
Pens are 100% not splitting up Guentzel and Crosby.

You have the 2nd and 3rd pairings in the wrong order.

Why is Evan Rodrigues out of the lineup? He has played very well as of late.

look here, It starts off with "will never happen"
Second, Jake plays well with Malkin. Zucker plays well with Crosby. It makes sense.
B. No that's the right second pair. That is their 2nd best pairing on defense. It's just 2nd pairs usually are the one sheltered which is why you see Matheson Ceci there on most acgm.
C. ERod sucks. Last thing this team needs is another 5'10 winger in the playoffs.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
look here, It starts off with "will never happen"
Second, Jake plays well with Malkin. Zucker plays well with Crosby. It makes sense.
B. No that's the right second pair. That is their 2nd best pairing on defense. It's just 2nd pairs usually are the one sheltered which is why you see Matheson Ceci there on most acgm.
C. ERod sucks. Last thing this team needs is another 5'10 winger in the playoffs.

Crosby and Guentzel aren`t getting split up. Period.

Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. Literally all you have to do is look at their line rushes and lines put out before every game...

Erod does not suck he has been playing quite well and deserves to be in the lineup right now.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
Banned
Crosby and Guentzel aren`t getting split up. Period.

Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. Literally all you have to do is look at their line rushes and lines put out before every game...

Erod does not suck he has been playing quite well and deserves to be in the lineup right now.

ERod does indeed suck.
And when it comes time to play big boy hockey in a few weeks his 5'10 ass will be useless out on that ice.
And the team trust Marino and Pettersson way more than Matheson Ceci. All you have to do is look at the PK time to know that.
Apr. 25, 2021 at 5:22 p.m.
ERod does indeed suck.
And when it comes time to play big boy hockey in a few weeks his 5'10 ass will be useless out on that ice.
And the team trust Marino and Pettersson way more than Matheson Ceci. All you have to do is look at the PK time to know that.

He really doesn`t and he is probably going to be the one in the lineup. Maybe Gaudreau depending on his health.

And again you are just saying your opinion because you buy into the false narrative that Ceci and Matheson are awful players. They are the 2nd pair. That is not refutable. You literally can not argue that but you go out and say PK time? Yeah, bottom pairings are usually the PK guys...
Apr. 26, 2021 at 7:31 a.m.
Banned
He really doesn`t and he is probably going to be the one in the lineup. Maybe Gaudreau depending on his health.

And again you are just saying your opinion because you buy into the false narrative that Ceci and Matheson are awful players. They are the 2nd pair. That is not refutable. You literally can not argue that but you go out and say PK time? Yeah, bottom pairings are usually the PK guys...

no one is buying into any narrative that Ceci and Matheson are awful players. FFS I have said the opposite all over here. You seriously have no idea what you are talking about. They trust Marino way more than they do Ceci. They also trust Pettersson in his own zone way more than Matheson. I don't know why that is so hard for you to figure out.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
no one is buying into any narrative that Ceci and Matheson are awful players. FFS I have said the opposite all over here. You seriously have no idea what you are talking about. They trust Marino way more than they do Ceci. They also trust Pettersson in his own zone way more than Matheson. I don't know why that is so hard for you to figure out.

*You trust Marino and MP more. You bash Ceci and Matheson all the time. You have made countless trades all year paying to get them off the team. I have said all along they are going to surprise people.

They trust MP over Matheson in their own zone...okay sure? That doesn`t mean that Matheson and Ceci are still not the 2nd pairing? That was the point you were fighting.

Lets do an exercise and see if your ego is capable of admitting you were wrong. Can you say "Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing on the Pittsburgh Penguins" ?

I know that may be tough for you to admit...but it is literal fact. So I`m interested to actually see how big your ego is. Go ahead.
Apr. 27, 2021 at 3:16 a.m.
Banned
*You trust Marino and MP more. You bash Ceci and Matheson all the time. You have made countless trades all year paying to get them off the team. I have said all along they are going to surprise people.

They trust MP over Matheson in their own zone...okay sure? That doesn`t mean that Matheson and Ceci are still not the 2nd pairing? That was the point you were fighting.

Lets do an exercise and see if your ego is capable of admitting you were wrong. Can you say "Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing on the Pittsburgh Penguins" ?

I know that may be tough for you to admit...but it is literal fact. So I`m interested to actually see how big your ego is. Go ahead.

holy crap you are so clueless.
There isn't a single penguins fan out there who thinks Ceci is a better defenseman than Marino. Period.
It's not even close. To even suggest otherwise is just total horse ****.
But you keep telling yourself that Ceci is the 2nd pairing and Marino is the 3rd.

It's really F funny to see someone actually hell bent on thinking that.
The fact that you can't even recognize that is a level of delusion beyond anything I can fix.
Apr. 27, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.
holy crap you are so clueless.
There isn't a single penguins fan out there who thinks Ceci is a better defenseman than Marino. Period.
It's not even close. To even suggest otherwise is just total horse ****.
But you keep telling yourself that Ceci is the 2nd pairing and Marino is the 3rd.

It's really F funny to see someone actually hell bent on thinking that.
The fact that you can't even recognize that is a level of delusion beyond anything I can fix.

Point proven. You just cant do it eh?

No where did I say that Ceci is better than Marino. I said that Ceci and Matheson are the 2nd pairing. Which they are.

Can you admit that?
Apr. 27, 2021 at 9:27 p.m.
Point proven. You just cant do it eh?

No where did I say that Ceci is better than Marino. I said that Ceci and Matheson are the 2nd pairing. Which they are.

Can you admit that?

Still waiting over here by the way...
Apr. 27, 2021 at 9:48 p.m.
Banned
Still waiting over here by the way...

Admit what, that Matheson can't play hockey in his own end for ****, which is why the penguins don't trust him and he's basically the 3rd pairing guy they try to hide in the OZone whenever they can?
Are you capable of admitting that, or do you need to see him cough up a few more goals?
He's gone at the end of the year. Period.
You are clueless and know jack about hockey.
Come tell me how ERod should be playing against metro teams in the playoffs again so they can beat the hell out of Jake all over the ice and wonder why the top line finishes -3.
Come on, lets here some more hockey gems from you.
Apr. 28, 2021 at 3:06 a.m.
Admit what, that Matheson can't play hockey in his own end for ****, which is why the penguins don't trust him and he's basically the 3rd pairing guy they try to hide in the OZone whenever they can?
Are you capable of admitting that, or do you need to see him cough up a few more goals?
He's gone at the end of the year. Period.
You are clueless and know jack about hockey.
Come tell me how ERod should be playing against metro teams in the playoffs again so they can beat the hell out of Jake all over the ice and wonder why the top line finishes -3.
Come on, lets here some more hockey gems from you.

You still cant do it. All I want you to be able to do is acknowledge that Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. Which they are. But you for some reason can`t do that because you were trained to think he sucks.

Erod has played well enough in recent weeks to warrant his place in the lineup. We`ll see if he stays there when playoffs begin. As of now its clear he will be there but the lines are not set for playoffs yet.
Apr. 28, 2021 at 8:56 a.m.
Banned
You still cant do it. All I want you to be able to do is acknowledge that Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. Which they are. But you for some reason can`t do that because you were trained to think he sucks.

Erod has played well enough in recent weeks to warrant his place in the lineup. We`ll see if he stays there when playoffs begin. As of now its clear he will be there but the lines are not set for playoffs yet.

you still do not get it. He is the worst of the 3 defenseman on the Left side.
Just like Ceci is the worst of the defensemen on the R side. Which indeed is why they are listed as 3rd Fing pair.

You are also over here totally clueless still trying to justify ERod in the lineup. Even though you've just got a good taste of what the playoffs are going to look like and he was totally worthless out there and the need needed pushback all over the ice to not get their star players killed. But you are hellbent on a 5;10 midget forward who is INVISIBLE and unable to do anything.
You want to take about who is not an NHL player. He does not have the skill for a top 6 role, and he does not have the size for a bottom 6 one. He's an AHL tweener and has been his whole career.
But you are hell bent on another repeat of 1st round exit because you are too thick headed to realize Sullivan is an idiot with a horse**** brand of hockey.
It's not 2017 anymore, you aren't going to beat teams with speed. You better be able to dish it out as good as you get it come playoff time. They could if they we're willing to play the right people. But they don't because the coach is just as thick headed as you are.
This team won't make it out of the metro as it currently stands. It won't even be close. They will probably be swept.
But go on there hockey expert, explain away to everyone how the team is suppose to score with it's best players moping up the ice with their face.
Apr. 28, 2021 at 5:34 p.m.
you still do not get it. He is the worst of the 3 defenseman on the Left side.
Just like Ceci is the worst of the defensemen on the R side. Which indeed is why they are listed as 3rd Fing pair.

You are also over here totally clueless still trying to justify ERod in the lineup. Even though you've just got a good taste of what the playoffs are going to look like and he was totally worthless out there and the need needed pushback all over the ice to not get their star players killed. But you are hellbent on a 5;10 midget forward who is INVISIBLE and unable to do anything.
You want to take about who is not an NHL player. He does not have the skill for a top 6 role, and he does not have the size for a bottom 6 one. He's an AHL tweener and has been his whole career.
But you are hell bent on another repeat of 1st round exit because you are too thick headed to realize Sullivan is an idiot with a horse**** brand of hockey.
It's not 2017 anymore, you aren't going to beat teams with speed. You better be able to dish it out as good as you get it come playoff time. They could if they we're willing to play the right people. But they don't because the coach is just as thick headed as you are.
This team won't make it out of the metro as it currently stands. It won't even be close. They will probably be swept.
But go on there hockey expert, explain away to everyone how the team is suppose to score with it's best players moping up the ice with their face.

You are something else...You still can`t admit Matheson and Ceci are 2nd pairing? Literally just look at the line rushes, the graphics put out every game, and their praise and track record this year. You are literally saying the equivalent of looking at a stop sign and calling it blue. At this point i dont know if its arrogance or just plain stupidity from you.

They have winning records against everyone vs Boston and have been the most injured team all year...They have as good or better of a shot than anyone in the division especially when healthy.
Apr. 28, 2021 at 7:58 p.m.
Banned
You are something else...You still can`t admit Matheson and Ceci are 2nd pairing? Literally just look at the line rushes, the graphics put out every game, and their praise and track record this year. You are literally saying the equivalent of looking at a stop sign and calling it blue. At this point i dont know if its arrogance or just plain stupidity from you.

They have winning records against everyone vs Boston and have been the most injured team all year...They have as good or better of a shot than anyone in the division especially when healthy.

you are over here worrying about graphics being put out.
I'm over here putting guys where they really are.
You keep trying to talk this up. But yet you come on here and admit Marino is a better Dman than Ceci and the one the team trusts more.
And it's clear Petterson is the better Dman that Matheson. Who has given up twice as many goals on the ice in roughly 100 minutes more time. or 1/6 more time.
This isn't rocket science. We all know who the second best pairing is. I don't know why you keep trying to argue it. It's like your hell bent on absurdity.
Pettersson/Marino is their 2nd best pairing. Deal with it.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
you are over here worrying about graphics being put out.
I'm over here putting guys where they really are.
You keep trying to talk this up. But yet you come on here and admit Marino is a better Dman than Ceci and the one the team trusts more.
And it's clear Petterson is the better Dman that Matheson. Who has given up twice as many goals on the ice in roughly 100 minutes more time. or 1/6 more time.
This isn't rocket science. We all know who the second best pairing is. I don't know why you keep trying to argue it. It's like your hell bent on absurdity.
Pettersson/Marino is their 2nd best pairing. Deal with it.

It is very simple.

Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. That is all I am saying.

For some insane reason you are incapable of admitting that...despite it literally being fact....

Where you rank them is up for debate but the fact is they are the 2nd pair. You just can not admit that thought because that would mean you were wrong about Matheson and Ceci all along. Its hilarious.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 7:58 p.m.
Banned
It is very simple.

Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. That is all I am saying.

For some insane reason you are incapable of admitting that...despite it literally being fact....

Where you rank them is up for debate but the fact is they are the 2nd pair. You just can not admit that thought because that would mean you were wrong about Matheson and Ceci all along. Its hilarious.

it's very simple, matheson is the 5th Dman on this team. I'm sorry you can't get that. Rack it up with the rest of your bad takes.
Apr. 30, 2021 at 10:13 p.m.
it's very simple, matheson is the 5th Dman on this team. I'm sorry you can't get that. Rack it up with the rest of your bad takes.

Letang Dumo Marino Ceci Matheson MP

So yes...I agree in a sense. But that isn`t what we are talking about. We are talking about pairings. Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. That is as simple as it gets. To not admit that at this point is insanity.
May 1, 2021 at 2:41 a.m.
Banned
Letang Dumo Marino Ceci Matheson MP

So yes...I agree in a sense. But that isn`t what we are talking about. We are talking about pairings. Matheson and Ceci are the 2nd pairing. That is as simple as it gets. To not admit that at this point is insanity.

Like I said, your bad takes.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll