SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Carolina Hurricanes

Would you send Jarvis back to junior?

Would you send Jarvis back to junior?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 21, 2021 at 6:50 p.m.
I think anybody who's seen the Hurricanes play lately would agree that Seth Jarvis has earned a spot on the team, but if he plays one more game in the NHL, that starts the clock running on his 3-year entry level contract, and he'll have to be signed to a new contract in 2024. On the other hand, if they send him back to junior for the rest of this season, that'll extend his entry level contract to summer 2025.
Nov. 21, 2021 at 7:16 p.m.
I voted no because the Canes appear to be a contender now, so their priority should be what gives them the best chance of winning the cup this season. It appears that their chances will be better with Jarvis in the lineup. Maybe they'll still be a contender in 2024-25, and having Jarvis on his entry level contract for that season could help give them more cap space to try to extend Aho and other players who will be eligible for free agency in 2024, but a lot can happen in 3 years. We don't know how much difference it's going to make to them then. If they were a rebuilding team or a fringe playoff team I'd feel differently, but I say they go for it now and worry about 2025 when it gets closer.
Zinger liked this.
Nov. 21, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
Canes fan
If we want to win now, we need to keep him. He has already cemented himself in a top 6 role for the Canes and is a super talented young star. If he keeps producing at his current pace, he'll be in the calder talks in no time. Also Svech-Aho-Jarvis is the best line ever and each of them make eachother better. Svech and Aho are also doing a great job helping Jarvis grow.

We just need Jarvis in the NHL right now so we can chase the cup and we'll face the contract problem later down the road once we secure ourselves a cup or two 😉
jr400 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit