Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason

Created by: Lancebmx
Team: 2022-23 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 17, 2022
Published: Jan. 17, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Leddy and Namestnikov traded at the deadline.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$863,333
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
2$2,500,000
Trades
DET
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [RFA Rights]
  2. Nemeth, Patrik
Additional Details:
I've seen NY posts sending a third+ to dump Nemeth. Also have been seeing Georgiev get a third - second. They balance each other out in this deal.
NYR
    Future Considerations

Probably not the most desirable players but both fill a void. Georgiev at least has some potential.
    DET
    1. Martinez, Alec
    Additional Details:
    Vegas might find Martinez expendable, if so he could fit nicely here.
    VGK
    1. McIsaac, Jared
    Additional Details:
    Not really sure the value of him.
    DET
    1. van Riemsdyk, James
    2. 2022 3rd round pick (PHI)
    3. 2023 3rd round pick (PHI)
    Additional Details:
    Flyers dump JVR for cap space.
    PHI
      Future Considerations

Red wings acquire him for leadership and maybe a bit of depth scoring.
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the COL
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$82,500,000$60,781,389$0$3,857,500$21,718,611
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
      $2,375,000$2,375,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $6,100,000$6,100,000
      C
      NTC
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      LW
      UFA - 2
      $3,250,000$3,250,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      RW, LW
      RFA - 3
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LW
      UFA - 3
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      C
      RFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $1,460,000$1,460,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 2
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
      $7,000,000$7,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      LD
      RFA - 4
      $4,400,000$4,400,000
      RD
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the New York Rangers
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $850,000$850,000
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      LD
      RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
      Quoting: BStinson
      Like I said take a look at the game logs. Facts don’t backup your comment but continue with your fantasy.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/georgal01/gamelog/2020

I watched with my own eyes every minute of every one of those games. You look at game logs, I will watch the actual games.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
      Quoting: delneggs
      I watched with my own eyes every minute of every one of those games. You look at game logs, I will watch the actual games.

You said, if Geo played starter minutes he would do better. I looked at the past few years and that doesn’t hold any weight. I don’t need to watch every game to be able to interpret basic descriptive analytics. Obviously your biased here and see what you want to see. You’ve provided no factual information except you use your eyes to watch him play. You haven’t debunked even the slightest SV% argument and your speculation are literally the polar opposite of common sense. I’m sorry but facts don’t care about your feelings here and there isn’t a discussion because you haven’t said anything except you have working eyes.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:39 p.m.
      You said, if Geo played starter minutes he would do better. I looked at the past few years and that doesn’t hold any weight. I don’t need to watch every game to be able to interpret basic descriptive analytics. Obviously your biased here and see what you want to see. You’ve provided no factual information except you use your eyes to watch him play. You haven’t debunked even the slightest SV% argument and your speculation are literally the polar opposite of common sense. I’m sorry but facts don’t care about your feelings here and there isn’t a discussion because you haven’t said anything except you have working eyes.

I know hockey and have been watching for a very long time, so I believe my eyes. You can spew nonsense all you want, but that doesn't change what I have seen. Enjoy your game logs, because obviously they tell the entire story of a player. And maybe watch a Ranger game once in your life so you will have a clue about the players you are talking about.
      Jan. 17, 2022 at 11:43 p.m.

And what do your precious analytics tell you about the Rangers this year? 5v5 they are one of the worst in the league, no? Yet, there they are in the top of the standing with 54 points. Gee, how did that happen? You're one that believes games are played on paper, but they aren't. Analytics are a helpful tool and that's about it. They don't tell the entire story of a player or a team.
      Jan. 18, 2022 at 12:20 a.m.
      And what do your precious analytics tell you about the Rangers this year? 5v5 they are one of the worst in the league, no? Yet, there they are in the top of the standing with 54 points. Gee, how did that happen? You're one that believes games are played on paper, but they aren't. Analytics are a helpful tool and that's about it. They don't tell the entire story of a player or a team.

Again, I said multiple years to reduce sampling error. For this year yeah EV isn’t a strength but their special teams are doing wonders so yeah not a mystery. You do realize that not all professional scouts evaluate goalies because all of the nuances? So I’m to take your comment that you would know how to evaluate a goalie over the average professional scout without context other than you watch Ranger games? Do you see how egotistical that is? A prime example is Red Wings using Osgood to scout Wallstedt/Cossa last year because guys like Hakan don’t evaluate goalies and he’s watched quite a bit of hockey in his day. You even have Rag fans saying a return of 5/6 round pick and I’m sure they watch the games….
      Jan. 18, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
      Again, I said multiple years to reduce sampling error. For this year yeah EV isn’t a strength but their special teams are doing wonders so yeah not a mystery. You do realize that not all professional scouts evaluate goalies because all of the nuances? So I’m to take your comment that you would know how to evaluate a goalie over the average professional scout without context other than you watch Ranger games? Do you see how egotistical that is? A prime example is Red Wings using Osgood to scout Wallstedt/Cossa last year because guys like Hakan don’t evaluate goalies and he’s watched quite a bit of hockey in his day. You even have Rag fans saying a return of 5/6 round pick and I’m sure they watch the games….

Keep reading game logs, its everything.
      Jan. 18, 2022 at 8:25 a.m.
      Keep reading game logs, its everything.

Every comment you’ve said has been debunked.

There’s no comp for a backup goalie utilized as a backup seems legit. You create some narrative that he does better with increased workload which outside a couple games this season couldn’t be further from the truth for multiple seasons. NYR are bad at 5v5 this year which is what you brought up because it’s a “mystery”. Except he’s got a .918 SV% EV (above career average) and getting shat on special teams. This on a team with a great special teams (23.21% PP, 85.59% PK). You know how to evaluate goalies when their are specific professional scouts for goalies. You have eyes and watch every game but then again so do other NYR fans saying the return would be mid-late round pick. Why am I missing here other than your defense is you have working eyes and like to use personal attacks to put anyone down that doesn’t agree with you?
      Jan. 18, 2022 at 12:16 p.m.
      Every comment you’ve said has been debunked.

There’s no comp for a backup goalie utilized as a backup seems legit. You create some narrative that he does better with increased workload which outside a couple games this season couldn’t be further from the truth for multiple seasons. NYR are bad at 5v5 this year which is what you brought up because it’s a “mystery”. Except he’s got a .918 SV% EV (above career average) and getting shat on special teams. This on a team with a great special teams (23.21% PP, 85.59% PK). You know how to evaluate goalies when their are specific professional scouts for goalies. You have eyes and watch every game but then again so do other NYR fans saying the return would be mid-late round pick. Why am I missing here other than your defense is you have working eyes and like to use personal attacks to put anyone down that doesn’t agree with you?

Keep reading game logs in place of watching games and living in your fantasy world.
      Jan. 18, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
      Keep reading game logs in place of watching games and living in your fantasy world.

Facts don’t care about your feelings which is why you spew nonsense and can’t rebuttal any of my claims. Personal attacks don’t get you anywhere in a dialogue and clearly presented by you in this thread. Again, for the third time these “game logs” are being said by Rag fans in this very thread. I’m merely giving you a hard time because all you seem to do is slander others on this board instead of engaging in a dialogue. Clearly your going to comment something that is beneath me or already has been debunked so have a good day.
      Jan. 18, 2022 at 3:07 p.m.
      Facts don’t care about your feelings which is why you spew nonsense and can’t rebuttal any of my claims. Personal attacks don’t get you anywhere in a dialogue and clearly presented by you in this thread. Again, for the third time these “game logs” are being said by Rag fans in this very thread. I’m merely giving you a hard time because all you seem to do is slander others on this board instead of engaging in a dialogue. Clearly your going to comment something that is beneath me or already has been debunked so have a good day.

Keep reading stats instead of watching actual games, its all that matters.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll