SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Expansion Help/ Discussion Thread

Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:30 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Mr_cap

Didn't they make a deal with Vegas? So doesn't that allow them to keep Holtby?

I don't know. I'll take a look. I only looked at L9's Vegas deal because he asked for help.

Washington deal with Vegas: Only deal made with Vegas: picks for not choosing Nate Schmidt.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:33 a.m.
NBABound
Also.. Can someone check my list so I can verify it?

Thanks.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: ricochetii

Didn't they make a deal with Vegas? So doesn't that allow them to keep Holtby?

I don't know. I'll take a look. I only looked at L9's Vegas deal because he asked for help.

Washington deal with Vegas: Only deal made with Vegas: picks for not choosing Nate Schmidt.

But doesn't that mean that Vegas can't select anyone from the Caps anymore? Or am I misinterpreting something here?
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:37 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan

But doesn't that mean that Vegas can't select anyone from the Caps anymore? Or am I misinterpreting something here?

He gave picks to leave Nate Schmidt alone, every other player is fair game, but Washington was screwed with the goalie situation, to see what I'm talking about look at Washington thread and read the last few comments.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:37 a.m.
Go Habs Go

Vegas is not allowed to choose Nate Schmidt. They still have to select a player, just not that specific one. Not sure what you mean.
Where did you put your list?

EDIT: I found it, and your list is good.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:41 a.m.
NBABound

Vegas is not allowed to choose Nate Schmidt. They still have to select a player, just not that specific one. Not sure what you mean.
Where did you put your list?

Oh ok gotchya... The list is in the other thread.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:41 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Zach

He gave picks to leave Nate Schmidt alone, every other player is fair game, but Washington was screwed with the goalie situation, to see what I'm talking about look at Washington thread and read the last few comments.

Yeah I saw it.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: Zach
Hey Rico, can Washington expose Keith Kinkaid instead of Holtby, isn't there a rule in place that Vegas can use their pick on a UFA?

Kinkaid doesn't qualify for exposure. Goaltenders must either be signed through 17/18 or be an RFA (2017) in order to qualify.
Vegas could select Kinkaid as one of their 10 non-17/18 contracts, but it doesn't prevent Holtby from being exposed.

I don't wanna screw Washington over, I made a deal with him before we decided that ufas can't be resigned and used for expansion, I gave him kinkaid with the thought that he could resign him and Holtby would be fine, can we make a exception here?
Mr_cap liked this.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:59 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Edited Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:24 a.m.
I likely won't be available by the expansion deadline as I am leaving for the day, but if there is a vote for the BOG about Washington's goaltending situation, I will vote for Washington having to expose Holtby.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:10 a.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
What is going to happen to those that don't get there lists in the new thread....I luckily came on....I didn't see anything about this in our news thread for important info
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:11 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Bennett93

Kinkaid doesn't qualify for exposure. Goaltenders must either be signed through 17/18 or be an RFA (2017) in order to qualify.
Vegas could select Kinkaid as one of their 10 non-17/18 contracts, but it doesn't prevent Holtby from being exposed.

I don't wanna screw Washington over, I made a deal with him before we decided that ufas can't be resigned and used for expansion, I gave him kinkaid with the thought that he could resign him and Holtby would be fine, can we make a exception here?

Yeah if that's the case, I say we have to make an exception. The rules are still flawed, and is not fair towards the Caps.
Zach liked this.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:12 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Jdp
What is going to happen to those that don't get there lists in the new thread....I luckily came on....I didn't see anything about this in our news thread for important info

We - the BoG - will post their list on the main draft thread.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:12 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan

Members of the BOG will submit their lists for them, if the inactive teams lose a player that they wanted to keep, the onus is on them for not having a list on their thread or in the expansion threads.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:24 a.m.
Go Jackets

Sorry, I was on super late last night and forgot to do so and had to leave for work early and just got off that's my bad.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:26 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59

Sorry, I was on super late last night and forgot to do so and had to leave for work early and just got off that's my bad.

Doesn't matter you put it in everyone's individual thread.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:34 a.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1

I mean for those that saw their list approved last night so they may not check in this morning....
Duster liked this.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.
Go Habs Go

I mean for those that saw their list approved last night so they may not check in this morning....

Approved lists and edited lists I looked over will be re-submitted (with corrections) if they don't get to it themselves.
Duster liked this.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:02 p.m.
Go Jackets
Ok it's noon so are we going to start voting on and submitting lists for teams now right?
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:13 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:37 p.m.
Ok it's noon so are we going to start voting on and submitting lists for teams now right?

Here's the status.
Anaheim Ducks: DONE
Arizona Coyotes: DONE
Boston Bruins: DONE
Buffalo Sabres:
Calgary Flames:
Carolina Hurricanes: DONE
Chicago Blackhawks: DONE
Colorado Avalanche: DONE
Columbus Blue Jackets: DONE
Dallas Stars: DONE
Detroit Red Wings: DONE
Edmonton Oilers: DONE
Florida Panthers: DONE
Los Angeles Kings:
Minnesota Wild: DONE
Montreal Canadiens: DONE
Nashville Predators: DONE
New Jersey Devils: DONE
New York Islanders: DONE
New York Rangers: DONE
Ottawa Senators: DONE
Philadelphia Flyers: DONE
Pittsburgh Penguins: DONE
San Jose Sharks: DONE
St Louis Blues: DONE
Tampa Bay Lightning: DONE
Toronto Maple Leafs:
Vancouver Canucks: DONE
Washington Capitals: Carlson exempt. Holtby exposed. (all other goalies are exempt)
Winnipeg Jets: DONE

I'll move the posts over that I looked at last night that haven't been re-posted yet.
If one of you could post other missing teams' protection lists into this thread, I will verify them and then they can go in the other thread.
Just give me a sec to mark which teams I have under control already.
Jdp liked this.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
Go Jackets

Here's the status.
Anaheim Ducks: DONE
Arizona Coyotes: DONE
Boston Bruins: DONE
Buffalo Sabres:
Calgary Flames:
Carolina Hurricanes: DONE
Chicago Blackhawks: DONE
Colorado Avalanche: DONE
Columbus Blue Jackets: DONE
Dallas Stars: DONE
Detroit Red Wings: Beauchemin must be protected. Wideman exposed.
Edmonton Oilers: DONE
Florida Panthers: DONE
Los Angeles Kings:
Minnesota Wild: DONE
Montreal Canadiens: DONE
Nashville Predators:
New Jersey Devils: DONE
New York Islanders:
New York Rangers: DONE
Ottawa Senators: DONE
Philadelphia Flyers:
Pittsburgh Penguins:
San Jose Sharks:
St Louis Blues: DONE
Tampa Bay Lightning:
Toronto Maple Leafs:
Vancouver Canucks: DONE
Washington Capitals: Carlson exempt. Holtby exposed. (all other goalies are exempt)
Winnipeg Jets: DONE

I'll move the posts over that I looked at last night that haven't been re-posted yet.
If one of you could post other missing teams' protection lists into this thread, I will verify them and then they can go in the other thread.
Just give me a sec to mark which teams I have under control already.

I'll bring the missing lists over to this thread since you've got the ones already cleared and good to go.
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:24 p.m.
Go Jackets
Buffalo has this in their description... as you can see, no goalies are protected or exposed. Lehner is RFA so he could be exposed I think.
EXPANSION PROTECTED LIST:
O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane, Jenner, Carrier, Larsson, Girgensons, Ristolainen, Murray, McCabe

Calgary appears to have absolutely nothing.

OF NOTE TAMPA AND PHILLY JUST SUBMITTED THEYRE DONE NOW
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:27 p.m.
Go Jackets
red wings; still need to be voted and worked upon i think

LA Kings:
here's the list the kings provided:
Expansion list (For right now):
Kopitar, Toffoli, Carter, Landeskog, Shaw , McGinn, Shore, Byfuglien, Martinez, Gudas, Jones

Penguins and Capitals we will be voting on

leafs need to resubmit list I think
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:28 p.m.
NBABound
Buffalo has this in their description... as you can see, no goalies are protected or exposed. Lehner is RFA so he could be exposed I think.
O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane, Jenner, Carrier, Larsson, Girgensons, Ristolainen, Murray, McCabe

Wtf do we do with Calgarys goalie problem?
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:28 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Saw it, got it. I have Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Toronto left I think. The rest have to be pulled from team threads. (I'm updating the list as I go)
Apr. 29, 2017 at 12:29 p.m.
Go Jackets

Saw it, got it. I have Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Toronto left I think. The rest have to be pulled from team threads. (I'm updating the list as I go)

Ok cool

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll