$850,000$850,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$762,500$762,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 31, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
Think Foote takes the Rutta role next to Hedman and Cernak and Sergachev a pair the next 9 years
The_Ginger_Leaf liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 6:47 p.m.
Foote is nowhere near good enough for top pair minutes. I doubt they move Myers since they seem to think he has the ability to be a top 4. If they do though, Bogo likely takes the spot next to Hedman. They worked well together for stretches in '20, and Bogo isn't a skating disaster. They could also move Serg to the right and easily run
Hedman-Cernak
Cole-Serg
Fkeury-Bogo/Foote/Myers
Aug. 1, 2022 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
Foote is nowhere near good enough for top pair minutes. I doubt they move Myers since they seem to think he has the ability to be a top 4. If they do though, Bogo likely takes the spot next to Hedman. They worked well together for stretches in '20, and Bogo isn't a skating disaster. They could also move Serg to the right and easily run
Hedman-Cernak
Cole-Serg
Fkeury-Bogo/Foote/Myers

That's not needed Jan Rutta isn't a good enough Defenseman to be a top pair guy, yet he has been since being acquired from Chicago. Hedmans partner needs to be very good positionally read plays well and let Victor be Victor. The coaches have raved about Foote's positioning and ability to read the play. Perfect fit for Hedman.
Aug. 1, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
That's not needed Jan Rutta isn't a good enough Defenseman to be a top pair guy, yet he has been since being acquired from Chicago. Hedmans partner needs to be very good positionally read plays well and let Victor be Victor. The coaches have raved about Foote's positioning and ability to read the play. Perfect fit for Hedman.

Very much needed, as Foote is a far cry from Rutta. Rutta, while not a true #2, is a sound skater, responsible in his own end, doesn't get pyloned by anyone with even slightly above average speed, and isn't a half second slow on their reads. Maybe in another year or two Foote may be a solid 4/5 type, but he's a 3rd pairing dman as of now. He's no perfect partner for Hedman, and he was so good that he was healthy scratched most of the last 12 or 13 games. Until Bogo gets back, the top 4 is very likely some combo of Hedman, Serg, Cernak, Myers, with Cole paired with either Foote or Fleury. Perbix could also easily factor in, if he has a good camp/preseason. Once Bogo gets back, depending on how bad or good the top 4 has been, Bogo could be a Rutta sub with Hedman, or if the top 4 is working, rotate him at 3RD with Foote. It's also possible Foote is traded if he hasn't taken a step, although unlikely. Once Bogo and Cirelli return, most likely Fleury is waived/traded, or Foote is traded.
Aug. 1, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
Very much needed, as Foote is a far cry from Rutta. Rutta, while not a true #2, is a sound skater, responsible in his own end, doesn't get pyloned by anyone with even slightly above average speed, and isn't a half second slow on their reads. Maybe in another year or two Foote may be a solid 4/5 type, but he's a 3rd pairing dman as of now. He's no perfect partner for Hedman, and he was so good that he was healthy scratched most of the last 12 or 13 games. Until Bogo gets back, the top 4 is very likely some combo of Hedman, Serg, Cernak, Myers, with Cole paired with either Foote or Fleury. Perbix could also easily factor in, if he has a good camp/preseason. Once Bogo gets back, depending on how bad or good the top 4 has been, Bogo could be a Rutta sub with Hedman, or if the top 4 is working, rotate him at 3RD with Foote. It's also possible Foote is traded if he hasn't taken a step, although unlikely. Once Bogo and Cirelli return, most likely Fleury is waived/traded, or Foote is traded.

I'll take Coach Zettler and Coach Lalondes assessment. By the way if you're soo good at telling everyone's ceiling and levels whose scouting or player development department do you work for again?
Aug. 1, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
I'll take Coach Zettler and Coach Lalondes assessment. By the way if you're soo good at telling everyone's ceiling and levels whose scouting or player development department do you work for again?

Ah yes, the usual and tired falk back on a couple quotes from months ago...No actual argument to be made. The facts remain that Foote isn't a very good dman that lacks initial skating burst, is easily beaten, and can't catch up. He uses the body a little better now and does have a good shot. He's fine in a 3rd pairing role 12 or so minutes a night, and nothing more. It also doesn't chnabe the fact that he wasn't even good enough to be on a 3rd pairing when the games mattered, as myself and many others said all year. He's not now, and barring a massive jump, ljkely will never be, a 1st pairing caliber dman on a contending team. Since you have nothing of substance to add, back to ignore you go.
Aug. 1, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
Edited Aug. 1, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.

I agree once BOGO and Cirelli are back Fluery Foote Ior add in Barre-Boulett is sent to the minors if anyone wanted Fluery they'd offered 825 and he'd be skating there. Foote is least likely because he's most likely claimed.
Yeah why we we ever listen to coaches evaluations when we have the all mighty you ????!!!!! Remind me again what team you work for?!
Aug. 1, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
ginger

I agree once BOGO and Cirelli are back Fluery Foote Ior add in Barre-Boulett is sent to the minors if anyone wanted Fluery they'd offered 825 and he'd be skating there. Foote is least likely because he's most likely claimed.
Yeah why we we ever listen to coaches evaluations when we have the all mighty you ????!!!!! Remind me again what team you work for?!

What he said
WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?
Boltsbeathabs liked this.
Aug. 1, 2022 at 6:19 p.m.
Quoting: NR1
What he said
WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?

Lol, I see, someone disagrees with your lineup and rather than actually defend your position, you just resort to an attack. Sorry, but if you can't handle a dissenting opinion, probably shouldn't post a lineup on a public forum. That guy is a clown who can't argue and bashes basically any post on any thread re: the Lightning(and others), usually with very juvenile ad hominem attacks and the especially sophisticated all caps...He also uses alt accounts to puff himself up and even like his own posts. His opinion is no more valid or worth any more than anyone else, despite what he thinks. I'll disagree or agree on a public forum as I see fit. Which teams do you or he work for, since it seems only your opinion counts, hmmm....
Aug. 1, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
ginger
Lol, I see, someone disagrees with your lineup and rather than actually defend your position, you just resort to an attack. Sorry, but if you can't handle a dissenting opinion, probably shouldn't post a lineup on a public forum. That guy is a clown who can't argue and bashes basically any post on any thread re: the Lightning(and others), usually with very juvenile ad hominem attacks and the especially sophisticated all caps...He also uses alt accounts to puff himself up and even like his own posts. His opinion is no more valid or worth any more than anyone else, despite what he thinks. I'll disagree or agree on a public forum as I see fit. Which teams do you or he work for, since it seems only your opinion counts, hmmm....

lol I don’t really care to defend or do anything. I wasn’t going after someone, I was pretty much joking. As you saw I did it in all caps
Aug. 1, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
lol I don’t really care to defend or do anything. I wasn’t going after someone, I was pretty much joking. As you saw I did it in all caps

Ah, well my apologies then. It's rather difficult to tell when someone is joking or not. Especially with that guy.
The_Ginger_Leaf liked this.
Aug. 1, 2022 at 10:30 p.m.

Since I don't think they are trading Myers unless they are acquiring some top 6 F winger retained, I think the lines could look like this before Cirelli and Bogo return:
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Killorn-Stamkos-Names
Colton-Paul-Koepke/ABB/Fortier
Maroon-PEB-Perry

Hedman-Myers
Serg-Cernak
Cole-Foote/Fleury

After Cirelli and Bogo return
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Stamkos-Cirelli-Paul
Killorn-Colton-Names
Maroon-PEB-Perry