SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Philadelphia Flyers

Drawing Comparison from when Columbus signed Tortorella

Sep. 10, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
Respect Mike Grier
John Tortorella recently said he has had concerns about the flyer's locker room. Now what that moist likely mean is when he gets a grip on the team there is gonna be some Movie pieces. He said earlier in the offseason he wasn't a fan of Columbus Locker room when he got there. The January following his Hiring Columbus made the big Seth Jones Trade. A year later they traded for Panarin. So the question is Who and What are the moving Pieces?

#1 Ivan Provorov
Provorov is a really talented defenseman he has struggled throughout his career when not next to a competent defender and his on-ice play has shown to me his little confidence in his teammates. Particularly when he makes a risky pass up ice instead of across to his other D Partner. I'll be curious to see how he meshes with Torts. Any trade involving Provy would have to mean we are signing Sanheim Long Term.

#2 Travis Sanheim
Sanheim really had a great year last year but he is a UFA making him an easier person to trade logistically. My Guess his Value is similar to Hampus Lindholm's last year they have very Comparable statistics and kinda Comparable playstyles.

#3 Travis Konecny
This is more because Konecny is always the player to get picked on by people despite being a pretty solid player who I'd argue hasn't reached his peak quite yet, he went through long stints of inconsistency last year. He really struggled to put the puck in the back of the net for the first half and that may not work With Torts. Tortorella will ask for a Lot out of his player and everyone to play their role within the team no excuses.

#4 Owen Tippett
This Falls more into my personal opinion. Tippett feels expendable to me. He will have to show why he was drafted so high or he can be a Core piece in acquiring a talented player. The Flyers have organizational Depth at the wing position and Multiple prospects that can step up to at least a 3rd line role within the next two years. Cutter Gauthier, Bobby Brink, and Tyson Forester all being in the organization. I feel Tippet is more expendable than say Morgan Frost because Frost has a more versatile playstyle and a Playstyle we lack as a playmaker.

The Flyers have mentioned an aggressive retool could a big trade midseason be in our sights?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll