$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Rangers
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$916,667$916,667 ($0$0$0$0)
C
RFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
Add another 3 1st round picks from the Habs.
AG_sweden liked this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:14 p.m.
GM
Quoting: delneggs
Add another 3 1st round picks from the Habs.

I don't know if we need to over do it that much... But Anderson is all kind of bad and that contract is horrible...
Btw no need for even that kind of a player because we have Kreider and Goody, Goody looks to be a temporary solution to the first line at least.
But try telling some MTL fan that Anderson stinks and we don't want him is like explaining something to a brick wall.
Their delusion is very real. Which is too bad because it is preventing us to have a real discussion about this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: AG_sweden
I don't know if we need to over do it that much... But Anderson is all kind of bad and that contract is horrible...
Btw no need for even that kind of a player because we have Kreider and Goody, Goody looks to be a temporary solution to the first line at least.
But try telling some MTL fan that Anderson stinks and we don't want him is like explaining something to a brick wall.
Their delusion is very real. Which is too bad because it is preventing us to have a real discussion about this.

Yes, they are a delusional fan base fixated on Laffy, so if they can be irrational in valuing players, why can't others?
AG_sweden liked this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
GM
Yes, they are a delusional fan base fixated on Laffy, so if they can be irrational in valuing players, why can't others?

I know I am tried of it too.

By the way, who do you think they should go after if any?
I honestly think we should give the lines we have now some good run.
but if Drury risks losing his job and feels forced to go all-in who would you go after if you where Drury?
Just curious smile
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:30 p.m.
I know I am tried of it too.

By the way, who do you think they should go after if any?
I honestly think we should give the lines we have now some good run.
but if Drury risks losing his job and feels forced to go all-in who would you go after if you where Drury?
Just curious smile

I don't think Drury is anywhere close to losing his job. Dolan is a nut job, but even he knows the team has been much better since Drury took over, giving it more balance and leadership. I would like to see them play the kids as much as possible, maybe as the 2nd line and let Kravstov play more to see if he is worth keeping. All they need to do is make the playoffs, they don't need to finish as high as last regular season and then fill in with some cheaper rentals, maybe a guy like Noel Accari, and keep the 2 first round picks in a deep draft year. With the cap only going up $1m, they will need every penny to sign Miller, Chytil and Laffy, so big name rentals like Kane would be a waste IMO because they can't sign them, and it would cost the 1st rounders to rent them.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:36 p.m.
GM
I don't think Drury is anywhere close to losing his job. Dolan is a nut job, but even he knows the team has been much better since Drury took over, giving it more balance and leadership. I would like to see them play the kids as much as possible, maybe as the 2nd line and let Kravstov play more to see if he is worth keeping. All they need to do is make the playoffs, they don't need to finish as high as last regular season and then fill in with some cheaper rentals, maybe a guy like Noel Accari, and keep the 2 first round picks in a deep draft year. With the cap only going up $1m, they will need every penny to sign Miller, Chytil and Laffy, so big name rentals like Kane would be a waste IMO because they can't sign them, and it would cost the 1st rounders to rent them.

Yeah I mean I don't think so either, and I don't think Drury is someone that folds that easy under pressure anyway. Seems very steadfast to me. But I was just painting a hypothetical scenario.
How about someone like Christian Fischer maybe? Like a Blais and 2nd/ 3rd (not sure about value) for him ? I think Kravtsov should have his chances on the top line with Mika and Panarin. He doesn't need to produce that much, just help with two-way game and possession. But at the same time Goody is doing an okay job on the top line. Kid line needs to be intact. And Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey is just superb right now smile
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:42 p.m.
Yeah I mean I don't think so either, and I don't think Drury is someone that folds that easy under pressure anyway. Seems very steadfast to me. But I was just painting a hypothetical scenario.
How about someone like Christian Fischer maybe? Like a Blais and 2nd/ 3rd (not sure about value) for him ? I think Kravtsov should have his chances on the top line with Mika and Panarin. He doesn't need to produce that much, just help with two-way game and possession. But at the same time Goody is doing an okay job on the top line. Kid line needs to be intact. And Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey is just superb right now smile

I am open to any trade scenario that makes the team better, but that has to include the future as well. Rentals are fine if they don't have to give up the farm to get them. IMO, they have to make the playoffs, and once in the playoffs they need to let Chytil, Laffy, Kakko and Kravstov play as much as possible for their development. The Kid Line was great last playoffs, and the experience was great for all 3, so I don't want to make any trades that takes ice time from then (such as Kane or Tarasenko). And as you said, Kreider, Trocheck and Vesey have been really good, so they need to stay intact. With Kravstov as a top 9 RW, there is no room on the top 3 lines, so that's why I think they could beef up the 4th line and/or get a better 3rd pair LD.
AG_sweden and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 12:50 p.m.
GM
I am open to any trade scenario that makes the team better, but that has to include the future as well. Rentals are fine if they don't have to give up the farm to get them. IMO, they have to make the playoffs, and once in the playoffs they need to let Chytil, Laffy, Kakko and Kravstov play as much as possible for their development. The Kid Line was great last playoffs, and the experience was great for all 3, so I don't want to make any trades that takes ice time from then (such as Kane or Tarasenko). And as you said, Kreider, Trocheck and Vesey have been really good, so they need to stay intact. With Kravstov as a top 9 RW, there is no room on the top 3 lines, so that's why I think they could beef up the 4th line and/or get a better 3rd pair LD.

Yeah pretty much onboard with all that u said there. Hence like a Fischer and like a Kulikov in my book is what is needed, mostly.
delneggs liked this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
if you are wondering where those bad trades comes from, it mostly cause of the french media. its full of old coach and players who have no idea what they are talking about and making stupid rumors. and add on top of that all the clickbait making stuff up.

(but i still think if we trade anderson, we wont have to pay to get rid of him, will probably take a cap dump back tho).
AG_sweden and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
GM
Quoting: drambui
if you are wondering where those bad trades comes from, it mostly cause of the french media. its full of old coach and players who have no idea what they are talking about and making stupid rumors. and add on top of that all the clickbait making stuff up.

(but i still think if we trade anderson, we wont have to pay to get rid of him, will probably take a cap dump back tho).

Okay, thanks for the clear up because I do read like trade rumors and stuff never heard anything about NYR being interested in Anderson or Hoffman or whatever or that they want to ship Laffy to MTL.
Now at least I know where it is coming from, Thank you for that.
drambui liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll