SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Matt Greene (Possibly other buyouts?) - Disappeared

Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:41 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Noticed this on my GM Game roster, but the buyout of Matt Greene appears to have cascaded to existing teams?
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/54624
Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:47 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Hmm interesting. Can you re-sign him to his former contract?
Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:52 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Jarvis

That would be the easy workaround for game purposes.
I'm more concerned that it is a change that will reflect in every pre-existing roster, but I don't have an armchair team outside the GM game with one of those players to check.
Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:53 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: ricochetii

That would be the easy workaround for game purposes.
I'm more concerned that it is a change that will reflect in every pre-existing roster, but I don't have an armchair team outside the GM game with one of those players to check.

Yeah, I believe it would affect all the pre-existing rosters. I will get Banks to look into it.
Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:55 a.m.
Go Habs Go

Yeah, I believe it would affect all the pre-existing rosters. I will get Banks to look into it.

It has. I looked through some of the LAK rosters in the armchair GM section and they all show a Greene buyout now, some of them show two (the actual one and a $0 one).
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/355213 <- two buyouts example
Jun. 15, 2017 at 11:10 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Thanks ricochetii, we will be looking into a fix shortly.
ricochetii liked this.
Jun. 15, 2017 at 1:29 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Hmm, I don't think there is a quick fix for this one ?

Armchair-GM wasn't initially designed for long-term rosters, which is why this bug is surfacing, the bug will definitely be fixed in the long term as we rewrite Armchair-GM with long-term rosters in mind, but there is no fix in the short term frown
Jun. 15, 2017 at 2:15 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Banks
Hmm, I don't think there is a quick fix for this one ?

Armchair-GM wasn't initially designed for long-term rosters, which is why this bug is surfacing, the bug will definitely be fixed in the long term as we rewrite Armchair-GM with long-term rosters in mind, but there is no fix in the short term frown

Understandable. Might prove confusing for people for a bit, since some buyouts that you might not expect will happen due to expansion.
Every roster created before this point just kind of lost a player, so might look a little off for a couple of weeks. It's not too often a GM team discussion carries on for longer than that.

We can work around it for the GM Game, so that's not a concern. We'll have to simply be aware of it and make changes (re-sign the players) as buyouts occur.

Thanks for looking into it regardless.

Out of curiosity, I don't know what kind of overhead it might entail, but better to mention it now:

- Real life rosters, as we have now
- Single user rosters which allow a single user to manipulate an entire league (with transactions reflected on other rosters as they are processed)
- Multiple users to interact with a single set of rosters (GM Game, Fantasy Leagues, etc.)
Jun. 16, 2017 at 12:40 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Apparently another element to this issue I didn't notice at first. The buyout of a player is reflected on his original roster, even if that player was not on the roster (traded) at the time the buyout was posted.
You can see it on my GM Game roster here: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/54624

I'm guessing there's no quick fix to this either. Just letting you know.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 3:53 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Update to this 'issue'. It's all under the same umbrella, just wanted to let you know that negative values apparently occur as well (buyout followed by a cheaper signing).
Hartnell: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/67437/9 (He was 50% retained in the game, so the negative value would be higher on a regular roster).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll