SHARKIE'S 2023 DRAFT RANKINGS: CHL ONLY WITH PLAYER EXPLANATIONS

SHARKIE'S 2023 DRAFT RANKINGS: CHL ONLY WITH PLAYER EXPLANATIONS

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Sharkie69
Published: Apr. 11, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
Description
another day, another long title.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the St. Louis BluesSt. Louis Blues (11→1)
  2. Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks (8→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the St. Louis Blues-There is absolutely no way Bedard doesn't go first. Too bad his CHL career is already done.
2Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Him and Cristall are pretty much equal in my draft rankings. Benson is higher because of team performance.
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Whoever gets this player gets the steal of the draft if he goes anywhere past 8.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Can't wait to watch his team get destroyed by Benson and the Ice in the next round!
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I'm much higher on Heidt than some people. He'll probably drop a fair bit if his team doesn't do well in the second round.
6Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Great safe pickup for anyone who takes him.
7Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I don't know, I'm just not as intrigued by him as I used to be. Just looks like players like Heidt and Danielson are better.
8Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I went to a Wolves game, and I was very impressed by his performance. He got 2 assists. He would be higher if this draft class wasn't so good.
9Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Great defensive ability, the best CHL defenseman in this draft.
10Logo of the Washington Capitals-Decent forward prospect, too bad he was eliminated.
11Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Price and Brzustewicz are 2 solid defensemen that could swap places depending on the team.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-He was not good in that prospect game, playing without Heidt, so that's why I'm not very high on him.
14Logo of the Nashville Predators-Good player on an amazing team. We'll see if they end up winning the Memorial Cup.
15Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-He has undeniable talent, but the defensive ability just isn't there.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Solid defender. Wonder how well he'll do in the playoffs.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersPinelli and Ritchie are two decent, low-risk picks that I see going in the late first, or early second round.
18Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The best draft-eligible player in the Q.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningAnother good player from Quebec. We'll see if his team ends up winning the Memorial Cup this year.
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Definitely has dropped a few spots since the beginning of the season, but I think he'll do fine.
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
24Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas Stars
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
27Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York Rangers
28Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
30Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
32Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
Apr. 11, 2023 at 12:29 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
What are your thoughts on Gracyn Sawchyn? I think he's an interesting prospect later in the draft but we've only seen him in 2 playoff games for Seattle so far.
Apr. 11, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
What are your thoughts on Gracyn Sawchyn? I think he's an interesting prospect later in the draft but we've only seen him in 2 playoff games for Seattle so far.

He's played well with Seattle, but I wonder how well he would play if he were on a worse team. That's why I could see some people put someone like Ritchie ahead of him.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Apr. 11, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: Sharkie69
He's played well with Seattle, but I wonder how well he would play if he were on a worse team. That's why I could see some people put someone like Ritchie ahead of him.

Btw would just like to apologize as I looked through him on first glance, so i didn't see your first thoughts
Sharkie69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll