SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

As a Blues fan let me say....

As a Blues fan let me say....

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: AlliDOisBleedBlue
Published: May 9, 2023 at 1:43 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks (2→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I hate you guys
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-one pick away for setting up their top six for the next decade
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I am sure BJ's fans will be bummed but Carlsson still give you an elite center for PL and JG.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I could see them taking Smith but they won't be good for a long time so they should take Michkov
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Only way they get him is to draft him early, and its the biggest need. They can still get a good RW with their second pick.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona will add two quality forwards in the first and try to grab the best dman they can the rest of the way.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A team that will be back drafting in the top five no doubt. Biggest difference makers are Moore Sandin Pellikka. I could also see this pick getting moved. I think Philly accepts they are in a long rebuild and grab the best offensive dman in the draft.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington is another team that could trade back but I think they go with the upside of Benson.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit needs centers not named Larkin.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues grab Moore to play with Kyrou and Vrana.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-after missing out on a dman Nucks take BPA
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsArizona grabs Smith's winger
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo grabs another lanky winger
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Penguins trade this pick to Jets for PLD - Jets Draft Danielson
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville grabs BPA
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary could use a lot. I can see them trading back or grabbing a center.
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersMontreal rolls the dice on the offensive playmaker
18Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersDetroit after grabing their number two center for the future grabs a certain pro.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-After grabbing Danielson at 14 they grab a point producing RHD
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningOnce again Chiacgo G F Y! Hawks grab Heidt and put him on a line with Beddard for the next generation of Chicago Hockey
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Arizona trades a two 2nd round picks and a 4th to grab Perrault and grab Team USA's top line.
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota is going to want complimentary pieces to add to its core. I wouldn't be surprised to see them looking at the Russians!
23Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsColumbus grabs a player who can play special teams and who is solid at faceoffs.
24Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers take BPA
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsRangers trade Alexis Lafrenière to Blues for Saad, Toropchenko and this pick.
26Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado takes BPA
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNashville grabs a replacement
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto hopes they grab an impactful RHD
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas probably wants someone who wont be able to play for awhile.
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBlues grab best fit for a Krug partner.
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsSharks grab BPA
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina grabs a Goalie of the future
May 9, 2023 at 1:54 a.m.
Exhausted Ranger Fan
Not trading Laf for that pitiful package tbh.
May 9, 2023 at 7:28 a.m.
Fall River Habs
I would be very disappointed if Montreal took Reinbacher with pick #5. There is too much high-end talent available at #5 (Smith, possibly Carlsson, Michkov, Dvorsky, Leonard) to draft for a need at that point.

Montreal will likely have a high draft pick next year in a draft class that is not as loaded with offensive talent (after Macklin Cellebrini), plus the draft is overflowing with defencemen options (one of the mock drafts had 9 defencemen in the top 20 picks) so Montreal could go for defence in that draft.

Montreal needs high skill prospects to become a contender in the next 3 to 5 years.

I do not think Reinbacher is enough of a guarantee to be a top pairing defnceman to warrant taking him at #5 in this type of high quality draft class.
May 9, 2023 at 7:29 a.m.
Detroit takes Moore ahead of Dvorsky

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll