SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

San Jose Sharks 4th Overall

San Jose Sharks 4th Overall

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: SJSGM
Published: May 11, 2023 at 9:53 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-potential franchise center, obviously would love him at 4th overall but he's going 1st
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-another potentially elite center, love his mix of size, skill, and physicality, Grier would love him too, but no chance he falls to 4. Even if Anaheim goes for the higher potential Michkov, he would go 3rd.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-now guys that could actually be available, I'd love Carlsson. Like Fantilli, he's another guy with good size, skill, and physicality. Not as high potential as Fantilli, but he's already playing against men and will likely be a well-rounded 1c.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-maybe the most likely pick for SJ, Smith should be available at #4 and if he's not that means Carlsson is. Don't love his defensive game and his lack of physicality, but he's had great production and size, which SJ lacks in their prospect system. Very high ceiling I think (higher than Carlsson?) and the Boston connection makes it even more likely.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-many have him ranked much lower, but I'd want Benson at 5. I think he's fallen because of his size, not his production. Yeah he's small, but he has everything else I'd want, good offensively and defensively, high compete level, and seems like a high-character guy.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-as Michkov is relatively risky, I'd want him 6th most. Highest upside besides Bedard, but his contract, Russia, and his dad's passing complicate things. Small, low compete level, bad defensively, but can't ignore his offensive potential.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
18Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
23Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
24Logo of the New York Rangers-
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
26Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
May 11, 2023 at 9:57 a.m.
go Sharks go
left a description but I don't think it's showing up:

Basically I said that I personally value size, compete level, physicality, well roundedness (good offensively and defensively, on and off the puck) and a high character and team frst guy (on and off the ice).
Not that educated on this stuff so my opinion could change quickly.
didn't think much about 7-10 just needed 10 players to publish
please leave a comment or question and we'll hopefully both get smarter

edit - also, I don't really watch full games of these guys, just watch/read reports and highlights.
May 11, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
Grier hinted that the Michkov contract was not an issue so I think he is high on the list. Sharks have been in love with Swedes lately and Carlsson has the size and two way game Grier covets, But smith has the BC connection and went to school with Griers kid.
Guessing the sharks ideal target is difficult because all 3 have positives and could be a huge Benefit, guess the biggest question is who is going at #3

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll