Forums/Mock-Draft

here we go

here we go

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: AlliDOisBleedBlue
Published: May 18, 2023 at 11:52 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I could see Anaheim going Fantilli or Michkov. Both are first line players. I see Michkov putting up more points in a career and looking at Anaheim's players already there I think Michkov is a better fit. But Fantilli is a first line center a big player that Anaheim doesn't really have.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus gets the player they thought they missed out on. Instantly becoming the best center on their team
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Will Smith has shown whatever the game or tournament he is a game changer.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal adds an elite center giving them a killer one two punch in Suzuki and Carlsson. After this draft Montreal will only need to draft defenseman and Wingers.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Knowing they have another pick at 12 they go defense.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly needs a lot, they will probably try and flip the contracts they have to get more picks because they didn't do it at the draft. They could go in a bunch of directions. I could see them trading this pick too. The highest upside is Benson, Moore and Sandin Pellikka. Knowing they will be picking in the first few picks for the next 3-4 years they grab the best offensive defenseman.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington accepts the inevitable that Ovechkin's time is winding down, Benson may not be a player like Ovi but he is a gamechanger left wing.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I can see Ryan O'Reilly winding up in Detroit. Giving them a solid one two centers for a few years but for the long term Detroit has to look at centers. I'm sure they are looking at the American players, Moore, Perrault, and Leonard and (non American) Dvorsky. With how Leonard played with Smith the idea of him playing on Larkin's wing is tempting, especially if they can grab Perrault with their next pick
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-St. Louis is looking at Moore or Dvorsky in this scenario, I think Moore better suits what St. Louis already has
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver is going into this draft hoping to get Reinbacher with their pick, but grab the BPA after he is taken
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogan Cooley will be a 1C. Arizona needs another center that is more of a two way player.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo grabs another player in the mold of Tage Thompson.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Penguins need a 3C for the future so they are looking at Danielson and Stenberg. I could also see them tempted to put Perrault/Barlow on Malkins wing.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville needs a 2C and Danielson at this stage is the best option.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Eduard Sale is a pure goal scorer too good to pass on at this stage
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersDetroit gets their wish and add 2/3 players from team USA's top line
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Jets looking at Barlow, Cristall, Heidt and Honzek choose to go after the most complete player.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningI can see the hawks tempted by Heidt and Cristall here to play with Bedard.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle almost makes it to the finals and still gets to draft 20th, ill call that a win, they grab bpa
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Wild grab the best center available
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsColumbus grabs Fantilli's teammate and more center depth
23Logo of the New York Rangers-I can see the Rangers looking at Gulyayev and Simashev
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNashville grabs an Ekhold replacement after grabbing Danielson at 15
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBlues grab a quick moving defensive dman to pair with Krug
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsSharks grab best player available
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Avs grab a goal scorer
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto wants a 1RHD but its not available at this point. I can see them looking at Bonk, or Dragicevic but it doesn't scream 1RHD. The more likely probability is Perron, But, Stramel, or Ritchie.
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersDragicevic needs to improve in his zone but you can't deny the offense he brings to the game and Montreal takes the risk.
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsBlues have Snuggerud and Bolduc that will be on the team next year or the year after and have enough players in the prospect pool to cover their 3/4 lines. Their weakest at Center and RHD, and having already drafted in those areas i could see them looking at Perron, Stramel Nadeau and Dvorak. A bit undersized but Perron is super silky with the puck and that is the direction the blues are headed.
31Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas takes BPA
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina takes BPA
May 19, 2023 at 12:18 a.m.
mokumboi
Perron and Nadeau are not centers, my dude. And if Ritchie is still sitting there at 30, I'd assume the Blues snap him up if they go C - he's top 15-18 quality. Honestly, with Moore already in the bag, I'd be pissed if they passed on Lindstein (or perhaps Price or even Molendyk) at 30. We need a bona fide top 4 LD in the pipeline. We have quantity there, but quality remains to be seen.

Obviously, Moore and Willander would be great as their first two picks. Nobody should complain about that at all.
May 19, 2023 at 12:55 a.m.
Ghost
I wasn’t saying they were centers, just that is where we are weak. I said since we already drafted a center and rhd I could see them looking at other players. I’ve watched hours of film on everyone that could go in first including Ritchie, he just doesn’t blow me away. I think I like Perron’s upside more.
May 19, 2023 at 1:05 a.m.
Ghost
Also I’m sure you’ve looked at next years draft, it’s packed with LHD and the player we grab with next years first round pick would be better than Molendyk or Price. I’d also like to see Perunavich, Loof and Buchinger get a chance before adding to an area we have reasonable depth at.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll