Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Tom Wilson Conversation

Created by: TM11
Team: 2023-24 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 13, 2023
Published: Jun. 13, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
As Caps fans, we have been spoiled with getting Tom Wilson on our team for all this time and I hope just like he has said that he retires a cap. I know we want to stay competitive with OVI and I think we will even with a trade. But I think its time to realistically ask would it be better to trade Wilson. If Toronto is desperate and we can get a guy like Nylander, or get a guy like Debricat from Ottawa or even some of the young guns from LA as reported. I think we could open the window for longer if we were to ship him out for the right guy. As we all know big physical players like him don't really age well and I want him to be a DC staple forever but it might be time to ask the conversation if we can get the right package should we let him go.

** DIDN'T SIGN ANYONE BUT MARTY, THIS ISNT AN OFFSEASON PREDICTION JUST WANTED THE LINES FULL. THIS IS MORE A TOM WILSON DISCUSSION**
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Wilson, Tom
1$6,000,000
Wilson, Tom
1$6,000,000
Trades
WSH
LAK
  1. Wilson, Tom
WSH
OTT
  1. Wilson, Tom
WSH
  1. 2023 7th round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. Mantha, Anthony
  2. 2023 7th round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
Also think Chicago could be inticed to move back like 5 spots just to take on the Mantha contract because there is a decent chance that he rebounds back to at least a 40-50 point guy where they could eaisly retain and flip him for a 2nd at next years deadline
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,500,000$67,647,500$20,000$82,500$15,852,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 5
$775,000$775,000
C
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 1
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,225,000$1,225,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 16, 2023 at 1:19 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: TM11
I mean you're ao incorrect and it's embarrassing I would leave this convo now because you clearly don't know anything about hockey. Congrats on winning 5 playoff games this year instead of 3!!!! I put a nice goal of Willy blowing by the Leafs below too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UhFarJEn7w

Stop embarrassing yourself! You can admit that you are wrong and the Leafs don't need Wilson, nor want his BS/Jake Muzzin esque speed

The video you are showing proves that Tom Wilson is as fast forwards as Morgan Rielly (at the end of a shift mind you) is backwards? From 4 years ago? When Wilson is getting slower and slower
Jun. 16, 2023 at 5:24 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Stop embarrassing yourself! You can admit that you are wrong and the Leafs don't need Wilson, nor want his BS/Jake Muzzin esque speed

The video you are showing proves that Tom Wilson is as fast forwards as Morgan Rielly (at the end of a shift mind you) is backwards? From 4 years ago? When Wilson is getting slower and slower

I mean you're literally the one embarrassing yourself AGAIN. NEVER did I say the leafs NEEDED OR WANTED WILSON this was a caps discussion by saying what would it take to trade him(Canadain education at it again, ik it's hard to read) and I mean do you want me to pull up more recent videos of him burning defenders? Just thought him toasting your favorite team would be fun. But again idk why I'm arguing with somebody who clearly doesn't know anything about hockey so put your tail between your legs and go watch your team still not win a cup.
PSA if you don't get yourself a top 6 player with a heart like Wilson, OVI, Stone, Marchessault, Mackinnion, Kadri, Prime O Riley, Scheann, Kucherov, Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin etc the Laughs are just the next Sharks a great team that never pushes hard enough to win (every year is your year).... Stammer DRAGGING Matthews your leader to fight tells all anyone needs to know ab the need for someone that cares on that team
Jun. 19, 2023 at 9:21 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I mean you're literally the one embarrassing yourself AGAIN. NEVER did I say the leafs NEEDED OR WANTED WILSON this was a caps discussion by saying what would it take to trade him(Canadain education at it again, ik it's hard to read) and I mean do you want me to pull up more recent videos of him burning defenders? Just thought him toasting your favorite team would be fun. But again idk why I'm arguing with somebody who clearly doesn't know anything about hockey so put your tail between your legs and go watch your team still not win a cup.
PSA if you don't get yourself a top 6 player with a heart like Wilson, OVI, Stone, Marchessault, Mackinnion, Kadri, Prime O Riley, Scheann, Kucherov, Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin etc the Laughs are just the next Sharks a great team that never pushes hard enough to win (every year is your year).... Stammer DRAGGING Matthews your leader to fight tells all anyone needs to know ab the need for someone that cares on that team

Did someone hurt your feelings? Because you must be really butthurt if you are using every insult you have in the book... Wilson isn't fast, the fact that he's slowing down AND that he does stupid s**t and calls himself tough is laughable.

As for heart, let's go down at what age each player won a Stanley cup whom have heart (while Matthews is only 24 and beat Stamkos in a fight)
Wilson (who's only heart is running guys from behind because he isn't very good and wasn't even on PP1 and was the 4rth/5th option on PP2): 23
Ovechkin: 32
Stone: 31
Marchessault: 32
Mackinnon: 26
Kadri: 31
O'Rielly: 27
Schenn: 30
Stamkos:29
Kucherov: 26
Crosby: 21(followed by another cup win at 28)
Malkin: 22 (followed by another cup win at 29)

The common theme: Most times, anyone who actually impacts the game, won their 1st cup when they were younger than Matthews is now... On top of that, you should be talking about how your players have heart considering that since that cup run, Washington hasn't even gotten past the 1st round yet...
Jun. 20, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
Did someone hurt your feelings? Because you must be really butthurt if you are using every insult you have in the book... Wilson isn't fast, the fact that he's slowing down AND that he does stupid s**t and calls himself tough is laughable.

As for heart, let's go down at what age each player won a Stanley cup whom have heart (while Matthews is only 24 and beat Stamkos in a fight)
Wilson (who's only heart is running guys from behind because he isn't very good and wasn't even on PP1 and was the 4rth/5th option on PP2): 23
Ovechkin: 32
Stone: 31
Marchessault: 32
Mackinnon: 26
Kadri: 31
O'Rielly: 27
Schenn: 30
Stamkos:29
Kucherov: 26
Crosby: 21(followed by another cup win at 28)
Malkin: 22 (followed by another cup win at 29)

The common theme: Most times, anyone who actually impacts the game, won their 1st cup when they were younger than Matthews is now... On top of that, you should be talking about how your players have heart considering that since that cup run, Washington hasn't even gotten past the 1st round yet...

OMG it's like I'm talking to a third grader right now you listed off all the ages and how old is TAVARES dude do you think before you type? And its not who won the fight, its the ability to be like screw it im protecting my teammates which Matthews didnt do. Hes also about to turn 26 so saying he's only 24 adds to the grocery list of idiotic statements you have said. And lastly, my favorite thing is Leaf fans acting like its their earned right to get a cup "Considering since that cup run" , Yeah we had a cup run like we won a cup what do yall have to show for it. OVI won more playoff series in his first years in the NHL as well....
Jun. 20, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
OMG it's like I'm talking to a third grader right now you listed off all the ages and how old is TAVARES dude do you think before you type? And its not who won the fight, its the ability to be like screw it im protecting my teammates which Matthews didnt do. Hes also about to turn 26 so saying he's only 24 adds to the grocery list of idiotic statements you have said. And lastly, my favorite thing is Leaf fans acting like its their earned right to get a cup "Considering since that cup run" , Yeah we had a cup run like we won a cup what do yall have to show for it. OVI won more playoff series in his first years in the NHL as well....

You clearly are oblivious on reading this so I'll put it like this: WINNING A CUP TAKES TIME, ESPECIALLY FOR A TEAM THAT HAS A CORE THAT IS RELATIVELY YOUNG.... Better? Can you take you pen eat IQ and read this?Actually Ovi didn't win a playoff series until 2009, 7 years after getting drafted... Sounds familiar? Or can't you infer? On top of that, if you take out that cup run, the Capitals haven't made the 3rd round in all of Ovechkin's tenure with the team.

My point is with Stamkos is, he tried to bully Matthews and it blew up in his face... He doesn't have heart for that... Just like when Wilson/Kadri runs guys from behind, that's not heart... that's cowardness
Jun. 22, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
Edited Jun. 22, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
You clearly are oblivious on reading this so I'll put it like this: WINNING A CUP TAKES TIME, ESPECIALLY FOR A TEAM THAT HAS A CORE THAT IS RELATIVELY YOUNG.... Better? Can you take you pen eat IQ and read this?Actually Ovi didn't win a playoff series until 2009, 7 years after getting drafted... Sounds familiar? Or can't you infer? On top of that, if you take out that cup run, the Capitals haven't made the 3rd round in all of Ovechkin's tenure with the team.

My point is with Stamkos is, he tried to bully Matthews and it blew up in his face... He doesn't have heart for that... Just like when Wilson/Kadri runs guys from behind, that's not heart... that's cowardness

OVI literally made his NHL debut in 05-06 and won a series in 08-09 thats Literally 4 years not 7 from his debut and in his second playoffs...... Sorry Ovi was the first pick of his rebuild not the last like Matthews and wasn't in the playoffs year one........., Matthews 7 playoffs 1 playoff win, Ovis First 7 playoffs 4 series wins...
like you might be the dumbest person I have ever met on this site like holy crap. TAKE AN IQ TEST...... PLEASE[/quote]
Jun. 22, 2023 at 10:21 a.m.
OVI literally made his NHL debut in 05-06 and won a series in 08-09 thats Literally 4 years not 7 from his debut and in his second playoffs...... Sorry Ovi was the first pick of his rebuild not the last like Matthews and wasn't in the playoffs year one........., Matthews 7 playoffs 1 playoff win, Ovis First 7 playoffs 4 series wins...
like you might be the dumbest person I have ever met on this site like holy crap. TAKE AN IQ TEST...... PLEASE
Jun. 22, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
like you might be the dumbest person I have ever met on this site like holy crap. TAKE AN IQ TEST...... PLEASE
[/quote]

When was Ovi drafted? In 2003, when did he win his 1st playoff series? In 2009... That's literally 1 year less than Matthews, You do realize that 1 players might get better as he ages? Or do you need to ask one of your friends who might have played to tell you that? Actually, Ovi was selected when the Capitals were mid and tanked for 1 year (3 1st round exits in 4 years, 4rth yer was when they drafted OVI, look it up) whereas Matthews helped bounce a team out of a rebuild into playoffs... I didn't realize that the American education system ONLTY taught Gods and Guns because they sure didn't't teach you how to bring up facts and deflect away from topics that you are clearly losing (see Tom Wilson, anything about Grit etc.)

Point is, stop wasting my time with your stupidity and I don't need to help you dig a hole in your own argument anymore
Jun. 22, 2023 at 2:41 p.m.

When was Ovi drafted? In 2003, when did he win his 1st playoff series? In 2009... That's literally 1 year less than Matthews, You do realize that 1 players might get better as he ages? Or do you need to ask one of your friends who might have played to tell you that? Actually, Ovi was selected when the Capitals were mid and tanked for 1 year (3 1st round exits in 4 years, 4rth yer was when they drafted OVI, look it up) whereas Matthews helped bounce a team out of a rebuild into playoffs... I didn't realize that the American education system ONLTY taught Gods and Guns because they sure didn't't teach you how to bring up facts and deflect away from topics that you are clearly losing (see Tom Wilson, anything about Grit etc.)

Point is, stop wasting my time with your stupidity and I don't need to help you dig a hole in your own argument anymore[/quote]

HOLY CRAPPPPPP YOU ARE SOOO DUMB

ALEX OVECHKIN WAS DRAFTED IN 2004 NOT 2003- YOUR FIRST ERROR HERE
NHL LOCKOUT IN 04-05 (MAYBE YOURE TOO YOUNG TO KNOW THAT AHAHA)
OVECHKIN DEBUTED IN THE 05-06 SEASON AND MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 07-08 AND WON A SERIES IN 08-09 (THATS 4 YEARS)
Like you should probably get help because you are continually wrong and think you are right (mental disorder)

THE CAPITALS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2003 SO THEY WERE NOT MID-TANK WHEN GETTING OVI, THATS CALLED THE START OF A TANK (they literally trade Jagr in 2004 to start the tank)
(BEGINNING OF REBUILD) Ovechkin & Green 04 Draft, Backstrom 06 Draft, Alzner 07, Carlson & Holtby 08 Draft
Reilly 12 Draft, Nylander 14 Draft, Marner 15 Draft & Matthews 16 Draft (END OF REBUILD)

Like you have yet to prove a single correct point in this entire argument this might be the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen on here GO CRY BACK HOME AND DRINK YOUR MAPLE SYRUP HHAHAAHHAH

So you don't know the year when Ovi was drafted (CHECK)
do not know how to count (Check)
The team made the previous playoffs and sold off their best player to single the start of a tank given they were not in the middle of a tank (So you don't know what being in a rebuild means, Check)
I stated everything you said wrong and you are still yet to say anything correct or factual right?? must be the Canadian way!!!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll