last one before draft with short explanations

last one before draft with short explanations

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Bdawwwgy1
Published: Jun. 20, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-duh
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-duh
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-with CBJ's roster setup, I think having a Carlsson type makes more sense than a Will Smith type
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-he will be their pick if Carlsson goes at 3
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-i dont like this pick for the habs. BUT, i think its gonna be the direction they go in. Reinbacher, Leonard, Michkov or Dvorsky in that order
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-they need a dman, but i think they will defer to 12 and take a reliable, two way highly offensive skilled winger here. i think benson could drop further due to his skating and size, but based on all other attributes he should be a top 5 pick. If hes 3 inches taller, 10 lbs heavier, and a tad of a better skater he would be in the Carlsson/Smith tier.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-if i had to bet money on a pick this draft (besides bedard and fantilli), my money would go here. Highly skilled, mean forward that would be incredible with Cutter Gauthier. I could see him going as early as 4.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Part of me thinks Washington is going to go for Michkov for the russian factor, the other part of me thinks they want a guy who should be good while Ovi and Backy are still not falling apart. i went with my latter opinion here, and took the guy i think most fans are seriously underrating
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit has almost no D prospect depth, and ASP is very much trending towards being a top 4 guy. I still like him over Willander of Simashev
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-with STL already having a good core of forwards and some good forward prospects (Snuggerud, Neighbors, Bolduc), AND three firsts they bite
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Willander is the fourth or fifth best dman here, but hes going top 15.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsArizona robs buffalo, who want Simashev. IMO hes the best dman behind Reinbacher, and possibly neck and neck with him. The lack of offense and russian factor will make him drop. He projects like a Brett Pesce type imo
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo would love a RHD but settle with the BPA
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-i believe PIT will take a "nearly pro ready" guy here
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Trotz wants high upside guys.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Restock their D pipeline
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islandersbarlow is gonna be a faller IMO, but teams will kick themselves for letting him get here
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I feel like ive been ultra safe here, so i went a bit off the board with this one. Allen is a reliable dman
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightningin a shocker, Danielson falls like barlow. Realistically he should be a top 12/13 pick but someones always gotta fall, and with him being an older guy in the class i could see teams overlooking his skill if you project Bedard to be a 1C, you can hope Danielson is a reliable, sturdy 2C right behind him
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Could do with more Dmen prospects
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Wood, like Danielson, is a guy I have falling who shouldnt. Im sick of the Tage comps though, he is less skilled. I Could still see him being a solid middle 6 contributor though
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsPhilly loves their High offense and no defense types
23Logo of the New York Rangers-seems like a Drury type here idk
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersTrotz wants high upside guys.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThey take a more reliable guy after gambling on Michkov
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsYager falling as well
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Brindley to COL or CAR just sounds right.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsI can see Toronto being one of the teams that can recognize how truly great But is and not let him continue to fall
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsNext best Dman after taking two forwards
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina has one of the better cultures to support a guy like Sale
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 20, 2023 at 5:06 p.m.
WPGSK
Thanks for putting Cameron Allen on the board. He's NOT the guy WPG will pick at 18. If Danielson, Sale or Wood are at 18, WPG takes one of those.

Or, if Barlow is still available in the mid teens, WPG quickly trades up and grabs him.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
Trad Breliving
I've said this before but I think Michkov won't make it past Washington
CameronSquires liked this.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
Fall River Habs
Thanks for not putting Michkov at #8 to Washington just because he is Russian. I would prefer to see him go to Montreal at #5, but at least you tried something different if he does in fact “fall”.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
McMann Season
I like But, I hope Leafs select him

I don’t see Michkov being skipped by both MTL and WSH
Leafs_Fan3416 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll