My Mock Draft 2023 1st Round With Trade Predictions

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: AlbertaRockies
Published: Jun. 25, 2023 at 2:28 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obvious
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Almost as obvious
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I think this is also a foregone conclusion
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Here’s where I think it gets fun, The Caps Move Up to 4 to get their dream pick
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Habs have been heavily linked to him
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Most reporting has him as the 1st defenceman drafted and the Yotes need a top end RHD
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-His stock is way up and Philly goes for him.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-San Jose picks 8th after the Caps trade up.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Yzerman apparently loves this kid.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-He’s too talented to keep falling and St Louis needs the best talent available when they rarely pick this high.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-This kid can shoot the puck and has good size. Vancouver should take the kid from their backyard.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsThis kid is the next Jaime Benn.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres get their RHD to join the other Swedes on that blueline.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Anything could happen with Dubas but he seems like the kind of player he would draft.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-I’ve heard Nashville really likes this kid.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-I can see Danielson going here too but I went with Yager. The kid was a certain top 10 pick at one point and I can’t see him sliding too much further.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersThis kid seems to be climbing up draft boards and Detroit needs a RHD. They also love those Swedes.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I could see this also being Yager but either way Winnipeg needs some Canadians who may actually want to stay there long term.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBig winger who may be a line mate with Bedard someday.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Francis gets himself a RHD, which every team needs to anchor the blueline.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-He seems like a good fit on a team that has Eriksson-Ek and may want a future version.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsNot the last time I have them drafting in the 1st round but I think they’ll go defenseman and maybe it’s this Russian kid.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-The talent is real and the Rangers can afford to gamble and wait on a kid like Cristall.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersThis could be a traded pick but I’m guessing Trotz keeps it and takes Heidt who’s too good to still be here.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThis pick goes to Philly as part of the still developing trade between them and STL for Hayes and whoever else Philly is sending. The Flyers can be patient and wait on the big Russian.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsGrier never ceases to confuse me but at this point Ritchie has no business still being on the board, so take the obvious choice.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I’m pretty sure they know about Finnish forward and I think they use the 1st they didn’t trade away to take the big Finn.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsTreliving looks for a western Canada boy to bring out East and finds a good one in Price.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsRHD are so valuable and Bonk to me should be a safe pick late in the 1st.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-I mentioned Kevin Hayes before and Carolina takes the future version.
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersIf Hughes doesn’t trade up he takes the best player on the board.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-I’ve seen him go in the top 15 but I’m projecting the big Russian slides but Vegas takes him knowing he could end up being a stud.
Jun. 25, 2023 at 2:35 a.m.
mokumboi
The Blues would almost certainly take Moore, Danielson, Willander or even Barlow over Benson. They'd also not pass on Simashev at 29. I'm also wondering what the Caps can give to move up to 4.
Jun. 25, 2023 at 10:05 a.m.
SensAreBetter
Perreault is going top15
Jun. 25, 2023 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
The Blues would almost certainly take Moore, Danielson, Willander or even Barlow over Benson. They'd also not pass on Simashev at 29. I'm also wondering what the Caps can give to move up to 4.

My guess is either Lapierre or McMichael goes to SJ and maybe even their 2024 1st.
Jun. 25, 2023 at 1:28 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: AlbertaRockies
My guess is either Lapierre or McMichael goes to SJ and maybe even their 2024 1st.

Yeah, one of those players is probably not gonna do it. Maybe with the 1st added in, but I would not do it myself.
Jun. 25, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Yeah, one of those players is probably not gonna do it. Maybe with the 1st added in, but I would not do it myself.

It depends on if they value Smith or Reinbacher or if they want to wait on Michkov themselves. Some of the reporting I’ve read is Grier would take Will Smith at 4 anyway.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll