SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Toronto Maple Leafs signed Pontus Holmberg (2 Years / $800,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:20 p.m.
Quoting: CameronSquires
That’s what I heard, although that change was after all the mocks were in, around OHL playoffs

I hate it when a player's ranking changes suddenly because of a good playoff run. You don't play enough teams to really judge a player.

Hell, Myers had a great IIHF World Championship this year. That doesn't mean he will be worth $6 million this coming season. I doubt it will make it easier to trade his contract.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 8:23 p.m.
Sadness
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
I hate it when a player's ranking changes suddenly because of a good playoff run. You don't play enough teams to really judge a player.

Hell, Myers had a great IIHF World Championship this year. That doesn't mean he will be worth $6 million this coming season. I doubt it will make it easier to trade his contract.

It's not just that, he started out on the 4th line and climbed to the first line and special teams around christmas, where his production greatly increased. He beat out other more senior players as a freshman
Jun. 30, 2023 at 7:25 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
You can trade down. Although no one seemed to do that this year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that an NHL GM is aware that they can trade down. Probably didn't have a dance partner or the value wasn't there.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: Ritzy
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that an NHL GM is aware that they can trade down. Probably didn't have a dance partner or the value wasn't there.

Detroit was able to trade down, but they seem to be the only one who did. It's a little strange, because this seems to be a more common tactic most years.
Jul. 1, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Love this

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit