M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$916,667$916,667
LD
RFA - 2
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2
$870,000$870,000
LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 10, 2023 at 8:49 a.m.
lol I wouldn't trade Brannstrom for Laughton who is suddenly quite overrated for some reason. The guy turns 30 y/o soon. He's a bit better than Joseph offensively but worse defensively

Look at his TOI, He's an average bottom-6 forward that got inflated stats because of usage on a terrible team. He played 18:17 per game last season, this is Tkachuk ice-time

Out of 458 forwards who played at least 200 ES minutes, Laughton ranks 320th in Pts/60... He's actually below average. You know who has a similar Pts/60? Colin White than the Sens bought out a year ago...

On the other side, look at Brannstrom metrics, he's a young 2-way D-man who is already excellent defensively and in transition. If he starts putting more points, his value is going to skyrocket

If Dorion does this, I'll definitely HUNT him down. Tired to see him damage our team. I mean this is definitely MORE than what DeBrincat returned

Scott freaking Laugton? Give me a ****ing break
Jul. 10, 2023 at 8:54 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Xspyrit
lol I wouldn't trade Brannstrom for Laughton who is suddenly quite overrated for some reason. The guy turns 30 y/o soon. He's a bit better than Joseph offensively but worse defensively

Look at his TOI, He's an average bottom-6 forward that got inflated stats because of usage on a terrible team. He played 18:17 per game last season, this is Tkachuk ice-time

Out of 458 forwards who played at least 200 ES minutes, Laughton ranks 320th in Pts/60... He's actually below average. You know who has a similar Pts/60? Colin White than the Sens bought out a year ago...

On the other side, look at Brannstrom metrics, he's a young 2-way D-man who is already excellent defensively and in transition. If he starts putting more points, his value is going to skyrocket

If Dorion does this, I'll definitely HUNT him down. Tired to see him damage our team. I mean this is definitely MORE than what DeBrincat returned

Scott freaking Laugton? Give me a ****ing break

I think everyone can agree that GMs seem to over rate Laughton but GMs set the market and make bad trades all of the time lol. Flyers turned down multiple offers of 2023 1sts for Laughton and supposedly a 1st and 2nd from the Blues. If that’s the case then they really don’t want to move Laughton unless something blows them away. If you want Laughton you have to blow them away, this would do that
hussbag liked this.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 8:57 a.m.
Just me but I like Kleven on that 3rd pair with JBD or Hamonic over Brannstrom, feel Brann is redundant with our abundance LHD puck movers and he doesn't inspire confidence as a depth option in the playoffs. He's a nice player but given his expected usage behind better players I don't see him popping anymore than he has and value is as high as it will be now, imo.

Laughton is also the kind of guy you want in the playoffs, no doubt G would vouch for him and I really think he rounds out our lineup at a nice cap hit. Not many better options out there for 3mil. Joseph should provide a bit more offense in the mid 6 but after last year the jury is out.

I just think this is the move now that we have an extra (late) first, DJ sticking around and Laughton being exactly his kind of guy. Think you are underrating him, he was solid on a terrible Philly team.
GMDannyB liked this.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:10 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: hussbag
Just me but I like Kleven on that 3rd pair with JBD or Hamonic over Brannstrom, feel Brann is redundant with our abundance LHD puck movers and he doesn't inspire confidence as a depth option in the playoffs. He's a nice player but given his expected usage behind better players I don't see him popping anymore than he has and value is as high as it will be now, imo.

Laughton is also the kind of guy you want in the playoffs, no doubt G would vouch for him and I really think he rounds out our lineup at a nice cap hit. Not many better options out there for 3mil. Joseph should provide a bit more offense in the mid 6 but after last year the jury is out.

I just think this is the move now that we have an extra (late) first, DJ sticking around and Laughton being exactly his kind of guy. Think you are underrating him, he was solid on a terrible Philly team.

People underestimate how bad the Flyers have been the last 2-3 years and Laughton still showed up every game and absolutely grinded. I don’t want to lose him unless it’s a crazy big offer like this, there is a reason Torts thought he was the only one to deserve to wear a letter last year.
hussbag liked this.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
I think everyone can agree that GMs seem to over rate Laughton but GMs set the market and make bad trades all of the time lol. Flyers turned down multiple offers of 2023 1sts for Laughton and supposedly a 1st and 2nd from the Blues. If that’s the case then they really don’t want to move Laughton unless something blows them away. If you want Laughton you have to blow them away, this would do that

Is that Briere who turned that down? If it's him, I'd be disappointed in him as I am a big fan of Briere. Flyers need to rebuild and a 1st + 2nd for Laughton is a tremendous return. Gotta abuse theDorion like GMs when the opportunity is there

If that Blues rumor is true (not convinced), that would have been extremely stupid as they were not even in the playoffs hunt. At the trade deadline, a GM offering a late 1st I could live with it but anything else than that is very stupid. Duclair just got traded for a 5th and a 4th liner. Reilly Smith for a 3rd round pick... I mean, come on.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:13 a.m.
Danny B is here
Is that Briere who turned that down? If it's him, I'd be disappointed in him as I am a big fan of Briere. Flyers need to rebuild and a 1st + 2nd for Laughton is a tremendous return. Gotta abuse theDorion like GMs when the opportunity is there

If that Blues rumor is true (not convinced), that would have been extremely stupid as they were not even in the playoffs hunt. At the trade deadline, a GM offering a late 1st I could live with it but anything else than that is very stupid. Duclair just got traded for a 5th and a 4th liner. Reilly Smith for a 3rd round pick... I mean, come on.

Or hear me out. Laughton is one of the most respected players in the league and Danny/Torts want Laughton to lead the culture shift on the Flyers. Sometimes intangibles aren’t able to be quantified. Clearly they think Laughton teaching all of the young players the proper way to play is more valuable to them than a 1st and 2nd. I agree that I would have and they should cash in on him but I’m not gonna fault them if they believe he will teach the young guys to play the right way.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:14 a.m.

Have you read all my arguments? Like Reilly Smith who just got traded for a 3rd round pick. Any GM giving more for Laughton right now is a pure idiot. Nothing would surprise from Dorion anymore though, he's one of the worst GMs I have ever seen in 3+ decades
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:16 a.m.
Or hear me out. Laughton is one of the most respected players in the league and Danny/Torts want Laughton to lead the culture shift on the Flyers. Sometimes intangibles aren’t able to be quantified. Clearly they think Laughton teaching all of the young players the proper way to play is more valuable to them than a 1st and 2nd. I agree that I would have and they should cash in on him but I’m not gonna fault them if they believe he will teach the young guys to play the right way.

Which proper way to play? His metrics are quite bad

If the Flyers want to keep him, no problem but if my GM gives Brannstrom OR a 1st for him, I'm going to lose it. I am already way past my patience level with Dorion.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:21 a.m.
Briere definitely playing hardball over a 1st and 2nd for Laughton, but as the other poster said, Philly really values him even as an older player on a rebuilding team. Gives some indication of what he brings to the table, think he's a perfect vet for the Sens up and coming roster.

That 3mil cap hit carries a lot of value as well if only for another couple years. Reilly Smith at 5mil and 3 years older is not worth nearly as much, though he's decent. I think we got our Duclair replacement in Kubalik lol, another Dorion masterclass in asset management. Not a bad get for SJ at that price.

Might be overvaluing Laughton here but still not feeling great about forward depth after this trade. Armchair GMing out of emotion.
GMDannyB liked this.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
Danny B is here
Which proper way to play? His metrics are quite bad

If the Flyers want to keep him, no problem but if my GM gives Brannstrom OR a 1st for him, I'm going to lose it. I am already way past my patience level with Dorion.

If you don’t like Laughton just say that instead of creating a useless debate. I don’t care about his metrics, he plays hard even if he isn’t the most talented guy in the league and had to fight for years and years just to prove he belonged in the league that’s the type of fight he can instill in our youth.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
Briere definitely playing hardball over a 1st and 2nd for Laughton, but as the other poster said, Philly really values him even as an older player on a rebuilding team. Gives some indication of what he brings to the table, think he's a perfect vet for the Sens up and coming roster.

If we give up Joseph and a 3rd for him YES but if you pay more, you're just getting poorer which is exactly what Dorion has done for 3 years now. Just after the 2020 draft, the Sens had the best future in the league by a good margin and now they're trailing hard behind teams like NJ and BUF, even Columbus. It's a matter of time before MTL, DET and PHI pass us too. The hope is things turn around once Andlauer has control of the team

Joseph produce a bit less but is better defensively and has had elite metrics on the PK. He's a better skater too and 3 years younger

That 3mil cap hit carries a lot of value as well if only for another couple years.

A lot of value? How much do you think he should be paid? Do you realize that Chris Tierney in 2018-19 was 24 y/o and scored 48 pts (Laughton had 43 pts last season). Why do you think? He was playing 17 mins a game and given PP time on a bad team, exactly like Laughton.

Reilly Smith at 5mil and 3 years older is not worth nearly as much, though he's decent. I think we got our Duclair replacement in Kubalik lol, another Dorion masterclass in asset management.

Smith is a top-6 forward, Laughton is NOT. Duclair is significantly better than Kubalik offensively although Kubalik is better defensively.

And you can't be serious with "Dorion masterclass in asset management"... he has absolutely no idea about that notion. I wouldn't trust him with a 10$ bill

Might be overvaluing Laughton here but still not feeling great about forward depth after this trade.

Yes you are, Laughton is an average bottom-6 forward given top-6 minutes, inflating his production

Of course forward depth is bad, Dorion has mismanaged the whole thing for years. The right play was to keep Paul and Brown happy, keep Gustavsson and go after the best RD you could instead of DeBrincat. We got Chychrun which is great but he's LHD

If you don’t like Laughton just say that instead of creating a useless debate. I don’t care about his metrics, he plays hard even if he isn’t the most talented guy in the league and had to fight for years and years just to prove he belonged in the league that’s the type of fight he can instill in our youth.

I have nothing against Laughton, it's the proposals and the thought that Dorion could possibly do something as stupid.

That you care about metrics or not, it is very important and plays a big role in the value of a player. All NHL teams are in on that, although some teams not enough it seems, like Ottawa and this is how Dorion manages to have a really poor bottom-6 once again, impeding his team for a playoff chance.

You know who else plays hard? Austin Watson
Jul. 10, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.
"Dorion masterclass" was obviously sarcasm, we let Duclair walk for nothing, among other questionable moves he's made. Completely agree we should have held onto Paul and Brown if they were willing to re-sign at middle 6 value. Making a move for Laughton at 3mil would be to address depth we could have retained otherwise. I'm sorry though you're delusional if you think Joseph is returning anything, would take at least a 3rd just to trade him for free at this point.

As far as I'm concerned 5 of our top 6 is set, with Kubalik filling for a year at least, and young guys like Greig or Jarventie stepping up eventually. To me the bigger concern is how that 3rd line comes together, Joseph and Pinto need a responsible guy to play with. Brann and a 1st is a heavy price but here we are. Again, with limited cap space I think Laughton at 3mil is value for that role.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 3:50 p.m.
Flyers declined
Jul. 10, 2023 at 8:49 p.m.
Quoting: Kaiser1776
Flyers declined

tears of joy

Basically 2 firsts and you still decline, for an average 3rd liner

This site is fascinating
Jul. 10, 2023 at 8:52 p.m.
"Dorion masterclass" was obviously sarcasm, we let Duclair walk for nothing, among other questionable moves he's made. Completely agree we should have held onto Paul and Brown if they were willing to re-sign at middle 6 value. Making a move for Laughton at 3mil would be to address depth we could have retained otherwise. I'm sorry though you're delusional if you think Joseph is returning anything, would take at least a 3rd just to trade him for free at this point.

As far as I'm concerned 5 of our top 6 is set, with Kubalik filling for a year at least, and young guys like Greig or Jarventie stepping up eventually. To me the bigger concern is how that 3rd line comes together, Joseph and Pinto need a responsible guy to play with. Brann and a 1st is a heavy price but here we are. Again, with limited cap space I think Laughton at 3mil is value for that role.

Wait, where did I say that Joseph would return anything? He has no value like everyone else in this cap crunch

That's also why it's even more delusional to think that Scott freaking Laughton returns a 1st and a young rising 2-way D-man

Don't pay assets to get Laughton, sign Tatar or explore other options

I mean, Reilly Smith was just had for a 3rd. Duclair for a 5th + 4th liner
Jul. 11, 2023 at 8:31 a.m.
If we give up Joseph and a 3rd for him YES but if you pay more, you're just getting poorer

Implying we could get Laughton for Joseph and a 3rd. I'm saying we would have to attach a 3rd just to get rid of Joseph for free. Philly values Laughton at a 1st+, we can disagree about whether he is what our team needs/can afford at this point.
Jul. 11, 2023 at 9:23 a.m.
Implying we could get Laughton for Joseph and a 3rd. I'm saying we would have to attach a 3rd just to get rid of Joseph for free. Philly values Laughton at a 1st+, we can disagree about whether he is what our team needs/can afford at this point.

They have the same term and similar cap hit, Joseph is 3 years younger.

Please demonstrate how much more valuable Laughton is. I'm not talking about raw points from hockeydb.com

I'm talking about production in relation to linemates, TOI and opportunity, but also ES defense and PK metrics

Why would joseph require a 3rd to get dumped while you would give a 1st + Brannstrom to get Laughton?

So explain why you would give more than what DeBrincat returned for that upgrade from Joseph to Laughton?

Look at it and tell me how much of an upgrade you think it is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll