2$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
2$1,750,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Karlsson, Erik ($3,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
This gives SJS building blocks for the future and PIT get Karlsson overall I think trade goes in SJS favor after 2 years
SJS
  1. Blomqvist, Joel
  2. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
  3. Poulin, Samuel
  4. 2024 1st round pick (PIT)
  5. 2025 2nd round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Ellis, Ryan
Additional Details:
Philly wants out of Ellis deal but wants a similar caliber player Petry is just that I know these 2 teams don't like each other, but I feel its a move Briere and Dubas could work out
PHI
  1. Petry, Jeff
  2. 2025 4th round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. 2024 6th round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
Unfortunately with previous moves DeSmith becomes a cap causality, I chose Edmonton as trade partner because Edmonton has always struggled looking for solid goaltending and based on DeSmith's performance last year could be a place where he shines.
PIT
  1. 2024 7th round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
Another cap casualty victim here by the other moves, unfortunately Rutta does not have the capability to play a Sullivan style and at 2.750 hit he is expendable. Ducks need a RHD DMan who is capable of playing and at a 2.75 cap hit for a 7th round pick I don't see them saying no.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$80,025,175$0$0$3,474,825
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,450,000$2,450,000
C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,375,000$5,375,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 10, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
SirRobo
I dont think Ellis plays hockey anymore
Jul. 10, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
CCM46
Quoting: SirRobo
I dont think Ellis plays hockey anymore

Agreed in order for the Flyers to be more flexible with moves they cannot keep Ellis on their LTIR they need to move him for that to take place. That is why an unlikely trade duo may happen as Petry and Ellis contracts are similar. It allows Pens to place on LTIR and gives Flyers a useable RHD body that isn't horrible. The only hold up up Petry has a NTC and could decline.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 10:54 a.m.
Danny B is here
Lmao so the flyers get a bad player and lose cap space and the Pens get cap space, wow what a deal for the flyers. No thanks Ellis can sit on ltir for years it doesn’t matter
Jul. 10, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
CCM46
Quoting: GMDannyB
Lmao so the flyers get a bad player and lose cap space and the Pens get cap space, wow what a deal for the flyers. No thanks Ellis can sit on ltir for years it doesn’t matter

I know LTIR is tricky to understand, but by moving Ellis and taking on Petry you create the ability to open up more cap space. Even if it means turning around and flipping Petry with some cap retention. It allows flexibility in how the LTIR pool is calculated. Pens can take on Ellis in LTIR because they do not have any one else on it and would be close enough to the cap hit for the pool to include all of Ellis' salary. A luxury unless the Flyers find a way to spend a lot of cap space they do not have. So, while you are able to put Ellis on LTIR for years unless you find a way to spend that 9+ in cap space having him on LTIR hurts you. So taking the Petry contract while its bad doesn't help the team get better it allows flexibility, and for good measure and as a good sport I threw in a 4th to you as well.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: CCM46
I know LTIR is tricky to understand, but by moving Ellis and taking on Petry you create the ability to open up more cap space. Even if it means turning around and flipping Petry with some cap retention. It allows flexibility in how the LTIR pool is calculated. Pens can take on Ellis in LTIR because they do not have any one else on it and would be close enough to the cap hit for the pool to include all of Ellis' salary. A luxury unless the Flyers find a way to spend a lot of cap space they do not have. So, while you are able to put Ellis on LTIR for years unless you find a way to spend that 9+ in cap space having him on LTIR hurts you. So taking the Petry contract while its bad doesn't help the team get better it allows flexibility, and for good measure and as a good sport I threw in a 4th to you as well.

You typed a book to try to explain to me how LTIR works when I already know how it works. The deal makes no sense for the flyers. They don’t need to have his contract off the books, insurance covers the money accept and they aren’t looking to compete for years anyway so they don’t need to worry about accruing extra cap space or not if he is on the books. There’s no need to do anything unless incentivized and a 4th isn’t incentive enough to take Petry. Bailey made $5M and went for a 2nd. Petry has two years at $6.25M I wouldn’t take him on for anything short of a 1st and even then it’s probably not enough.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
CCM46
You typed a book to try to explain to me how LTIR works when I already know how it works. The deal makes no sense for the flyers. They don’t need to have his contract off the books, insurance covers the money accept and they aren’t looking to compete for years anyway so they don’t need to worry about accruing extra cap space or not if he is on the books. There’s no need to do anything unless incentivized and a 4th isn’t incentive enough to take Petry. Bailey made $5M and went for a 2nd. Petry has two years at $6.25M I wouldn’t take him on for anything short of a 1st and even then it’s probably not enough.

I think you're under valuing Petry as well. He had a solid season and would help young players in Philly take a step forward. Comparing to Bailey contract just isn't comparing Apples to Apples. Bailey fell off a cliff in production only registering half of his usual production while playing in relative same amount of games. Petry on the other hand was more like his '20-'21 numbers than his '21-'22 numbers last season. It would give the Flyers a RHD 2nd pair option if the DeAngelo trade goes through which still available as UFAs you have Dumba, who I do not believe will be signing a contract for Philly anytime soon.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
Danny B is here
I think you're under valuing Petry as well. He had a solid season and would help young players in Philly take a step forward. Comparing to Bailey contract just isn't comparing Apples to Apples. Bailey fell off a cliff in production only registering half of his usual production while playing in relative same amount of games. Petry on the other hand was more like his '20-'21 numbers than his '21-'22 numbers last season. It would give the Flyers a RHD 2nd pair option if the DeAngelo trade goes through which still available as UFAs you have Dumba, who I do not believe will be signing a contract for Philly anytime soon.

We have plenty of defenseman we don’t need more
Jul. 10, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
Gronk9797
Unless you’re taking Campbell the Oilers can’t make this trade, they don’t have the space.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
CCM46
We have plenty of defenseman we don’t need more

Big Haas, I don't know where you get the term "plenty". DeAngelo is in a pending trade that if the league accepts he's gone and then you have AHL caliber Defensemen. This gets you a solid RHD 2 possible RHD 1 with Risto and Petry. Don't let old hatred blind that this would actually help your young LHD develop at the NHL level.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
CCM46
Quoting: Gronk9911
Unless you’re taking Campbell the Oilers can’t make this trade, they don’t have the space.

As I mentioned it doesn't necessarily have to be Edmonton that the Pens trade with here. If they did though I can see the constraints that it would put on the Oilers. Just thought it was an interesting concept, doesn't mean its the right one.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:20 p.m.
Danny B is here
Big Haas, I don't know where you get the term "plenty". DeAngelo is in a pending trade that if the league accepts he's gone and then you have AHL caliber Defensemen. This gets you a solid RHD 2 possible RHD 1 with Risto and Petry. Don't let old hatred blind that this would actually help your young LHD develop at the NHL level.

York, Sanheim, Andre, Zamula, Risto, Seeler, Walker, Attard, Staal. That doesn’t even include Heldge, Ginning, and Samson. I think our defense is full. The flyers aren’t competing they are trying to give youth a chance to play in the lineup and prove they can stay there, Petry does nothing for that and nobody is taking him for a 4th. If you want to move him it will cost more than that, and the Flyers don’t trade with the Penguins
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
CCM46
York, Sanheim, Andre, Zamula, Risto, Seeler, Walker, Attard, Staal. That doesn’t even include Heldge, Ginning, and Samson. I think our defense is full. The flyers aren’t competing they are trying to give youth a chance to play in the lineup and prove they can stay there, Petry does nothing for that and nobody is taking him for a 4th. If you want to move him it will cost more than that, and the Flyers don’t trade with the Penguins

Of the ones you listed first Andre and Zamula are both LHD if the plan was to rely on them why give a 35+ contract to Marc Staal. In the second listing Ginning also falls under this list. So that negates those 3 names. As for the Right side Attard I will give you, however I do not think he is ready for 2nd Pair timing and would be better suited and could grow more from 3rd pairing time. Heldge actually regressed in Ontario last year as far as production, so I forsee more AHL time needed for him. Samson has played 4 years in the WHL and 0 time above that. Again I do not see an NHL team throwing a 19 year old to the wolves with no AHL time that wasn't a top 5 draft selection. So what Petry provides is a stable blue liner that will allow the opportunity for Heldge and Samson to learn in the minors while providing a stable pairing for your top 4.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
Danny B is here
Of the ones you listed first Andre and Zamula are both LHD if the plan was to rely on them why give a 35+ contract to Marc Staal. In the second listing Ginning also falls under this list. So that negates those 3 names. As for the Right side Attard I will give you, however I do not think he is ready for 2nd Pair timing and would be better suited and could grow more from 3rd pairing time. Heldge actually regressed in Ontario last year as far as production, so I forsee more AHL time needed for him. Samson has played 4 years in the WHL and 0 time above that. Again I do not see an NHL team throwing a 19 year old to the wolves with no AHL time that wasn't a top 5 draft selection. So what Petry provides is a stable blue liner that will allow the opportunity for Heldge and Samson to learn in the minors while providing a stable pairing for your top 4.

Risto Walker Attard are the 3 RHD. U keep trying to talk about the flyers like you know more than I do about them so this is just useless. The flyers and penguins have made like 3 trades since 2000 and aren’t going to add another here
Jul. 10, 2023 at 2:02 p.m.
CCM46
Risto Walker Attard are the 3 RHD. U keep trying to talk about the flyers like you know more than I do about them so this is just useless. The flyers and penguins have made like 3 trades since 2000 and aren’t going to add another here

I am not saying I know more about the Flyers, but what youre saying is you'd rather have Sean Walker turning 29 this year with really no more growing to do he is what he is which is about 15 pts and sub par defensively over Jeff Petry who will provide more offensively can QB the PP and help teach that skill set to Attard. Is all I'm saying, but to each there own bud.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 2:49 p.m.
Danny B is here
I am not saying I know more about the Flyers, but what youre saying is you'd rather have Sean Walker turning 29 this year with really no more growing to do he is what he is which is about 15 pts and sub par defensively over Jeff Petry who will provide more offensively can QB the PP and help teach that skill set to Attard. Is all I'm saying, but to each there own bud.

Bro what do you not understand? The flyers don’t need any of that lol they are literally just rebuilding they don’t need to worry about anything like that. York is already PP1 QB and someone else will take that role on PP2 probably Sanheim but maybe they will also try Attard, Andrea, or Risto. Nobody is taking $12.5M in dead weight from you for a 4th and nobody is don’t it if they have a full defense already. Walker will get moved at the deadline for an additional pick so nobody cares what he does he is here for 60% of a season.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 3:01 p.m.
CCM46
You are literally contradicting yourself....... Saying they need to grow their players, but yet not even considering accepting a tool that would assist in that. Again as I mentioned to each their own, but in my eyes this would actually allow you a chance to give your players to actually grow and be 100% ready to go with no set backs come time when yall want to compete in 3 years. Enjoy your year bud

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll