$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$885,000$885,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
RFA - 2
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
RFA
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:40 a.m.
Xercuses
That’s a pitiful offer for Buch
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:52 a.m.
Edited Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:05 a.m.
Quoting: xercuses
That’s a pitiful offer for Buch

That’s an amazing offer for Buch. Probably a slight overpay but I’m okay with it. Dvorak is just money in, money out. They get Barron who was a 1st rounder and is close to making an impact in the nhl, Harris who is on his way to becoming a 2nd pairing all around defenseman and a 1st for one year of Buch. Not bad if you ask me. St. Louis would be thrilled with that. Their defense is older than dirt and they would love to start bringing in some youth.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:32 a.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: Dom1422
That’s an amazing offer for Buch. Probably a slight overpay but I’m okay with it. Dvorak is just money in, money out. They get Barron who was a 1st rounder and is close to making an impact in the nhl, Harris who is on his way to becoming a 2nd pairing all around defenseman and a 1st for one year of Buch. Not bad if you ask me. St. Louis would be thrilled with that. Their defense is older than dirt and they would love to start bringing in some youth.

Harris does nothing for the blues as he’d be 4th pairing in the ahl for them rn

Dvorak is a cap dump who’d be on our 4th line or scratched

Barron who’s also be in the ahl rn

And a first which is there to pay for us taking Dvoraks Cap dump. This is a terrible offer from a cheap amazing 2 way PPG player lol
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:47 a.m.
Harris does nothing for the blues as he’d be 4th pairing in the ahl for them rn

Dvorak is a cap dump who’d be on our 4th line or scratched

Barron who’s also be in the ahl rn

And a first which is there to pay for us taking Dvoraks Cap dump. This is a terrible offer from a cheap amazing 2 way PPG player lol

“Right now” I’d suggest reading the title and looking at what year this is. This is for next year. Blues will be rebuilding. That defense is almost all mid 30’s. They’ll start moving whoever they can soon. And you should pray that happens. You guys badly need to start rebuilding or retooling.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
Xercuses
“Right now” I’d suggest reading the title and looking at what year this is. This is for next year. Blues will be rebuilding. That defense is almost all mid 30’s. They’ll start moving whoever they can soon. And you should pray that happens. You guys badly need to start rebuilding or retooling.

Correct this thread is about next year and all my points still stand. I suggest you look at the blues depth chart for LHDs, and sure they can move them but Harris would still be 5th on the depth chart

Again just a pitiful offer for Buch
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:04 a.m.
Correct this thread is about next year and all my points still stand. I suggest you look at the blues depth chart for LHDs, and sure they can move them but Harris would still be 5th on the depth chart

Again just a pitiful offer for Buch

Name every Blues defenseman on the depth chart and their ages. Btw Harris plays right D.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:05 a.m.

Trading our best player who isn't out of the realm of being in our next competitive window for pieces isn't really an option..

Harris is an alright looking prospect. I dont' see much out of Barron. But regardless we have 3 or 4 guys in that mould and there's no rational way we can completely overhaul our defense if it doesn't correct itself. Pieces do very little.

From my point of view you're starting with Guhle and the 1st and adding on if you are serious about being in the conversation. If not we're much better off taking a stab at re-signing him, which realistically even if guhle and a 1st are a starting point we are also better off re-signing Buch.
xercuses liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:08 a.m.
Xercuses
Name every Blues defenseman on the depth chart and their ages. Btw Harris plays right D.

Ik he plays Right D never said he didn’t, I said LHD.

Krug
Leddy
Scotty P
Tucker
Rosen (ufa tho tbf)
Loof
Lidstein

The rest proably wont get a NHL shot for a while

Make it guhle and wifi and a First and you might have a better shot
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:16 a.m.
Ik he plays Right D never said he didn’t, I said LHD.

Krug
Leddy
Scotty P
Tucker
Rosen (ufa tho tbf)
Loof
Lidstein

The rest proably wont get a NHL shot for a while

Make it guhle and wifi and a First and you might have a better shot

Krug they already tried to trade, he’ll be gone soon. Leddy gone soon, Perunovich only decent young piece but when is he actually going to take a spot? Rosen is a bust/ career Ahler, Tucker is nobody, Loof maybe can become a 3rd pairing in the future but I doubt it, he’s put up terrible numbers in Liiga.

You did nothing with this. This actually proves my point. You guys need to rebuild badly and this would be a great way to start by adding two young nhl Dmen.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:20 a.m.
Quoting: AC14
Trading our best player who isn't out of the realm of being in our next competitive window for pieces isn't really an option..

Harris is an alright looking prospect. I dont' see much out of Barron. But regardless we have 3 or 4 guys in that mould and there's no rational way we can completely overhaul our defense if it doesn't correct itself. Pieces do very little.

From my point of view you're starting with Guhle and the 1st and adding on if you are serious about being in the conversation. If not we're much better off taking a stab at re-signing him, which realistically even if guhle and a 1st are a starting point we are also better off re-signing Buch.

Guhle and a 1st oh my fxclking god you are actually out of your mind. I don’t want to be disrespectful but holy **** you don’t know puck. Guhle is worth more than Buchnevic alone, who when this deal would happen, will be closing in on 30 years old.

Blues need to rebuild. Their window starts like 5 years from now.. That entire defense needs to be rebuilt. The only guy worth a damn who you maybe keep is Payrako. Even the offense is shallow. They just brought in that bum Hayes after losing O’Rielly, next Schenn is going to fall off of a cliff. It’s time to rebuild.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
Xercuses
Krug they already tried to trade, he’ll be gone soon. Leddy gone soon, Perunovich only decent young piece but when is he actually going to take a spot? Rosen is a bust/ career Ahler, Tucker is nobody, Loof maybe can become a 3rd pairing in the future but I doubt it, he’s put up terrible numbers in Liiga.

You did nothing with this. This actually proves my point. You guys need to rebuild badly and this would be a great way to start by adding two young nhl Dmen.

I’m not saying we don’t need someone but we also just can’t bring people in. Also I’m a huge Loof believer so that really the only thing swaying my opinion, also lidstein will be a good top 4 guy too

I doubt leddy gets moved right away either, also yes Krug blocked a trade but what’s to say he doesn’t do it agian
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:26 a.m.
Edited Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
I’m not saying we don’t need someone but we also just can’t bring people in. Also I’m a huge Loof believer so that really the only thing swaying my opinion, also lidstein will be a good top 4 guy too

Blues are in a sad state if Loof is the great hope… guy is lucky to even sniff the nhl. Y’all need to take all of those older pieces who are worth something and trade them for picks and prospects so that you can rebuild around Thomas and Kyrou. Can probably turn it around into a contender within 3-5 years right when they will be entering their prime.

I’m not saying you need these pieces to contend now, I’m saying you need these pieces to eventually contend again. Blues are a mediocre team and will stay that way for a very long time if they don’t start rebuilding.

These aren’t pieces that are going to be superstars, you’re not getting that in a Buchnevic trade… Tear it down, draft high, trade those older players for guys who will play on your 2nd and 3rd lines and 2nd pairing down the road, acquire futures. That’s how you rebuild.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:36 a.m.
Xercuses
Blues are in a sad state if Loof is the great hope… guy is lucky to even sniff the nhl. Y’all need to take all of those older pieces who are worth something and trade them for picks and prospects so that you can rebuild around Thomas and Kyrou. Can probably turn it around into a contender within 3-5 years right when they will be entering their prime.

I’m not saying you need these pieces to contend now, I’m saying you need these pieces to eventually contend again. Blues are a mediocre team and will stay that way for a very long time if they don’t start rebuilding.

These aren’t pieces that are going to be superstars, you’re not getting that in a Buchnevic trade… Tear it down, draft high, trade those older players for guys who will play in your middle 6 and 2nd pairing down the road, acquire futures. That’s how you rebuild.

That’s not how the blues work so I doubt they will do that. Also Loof will be very good mark my words, people constantly underrate him, but you may be right on all of those.

But that doesn’t change the fact that this is an awful offer for Buch
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:38 a.m.
Guhle and a 1st oh my fxclking god you are actually out of your mind. I don’t want to be disrespectful but holy **** you don’t know puck. Guhle is worth more than Buchnevic alone, who when this deal would happen, will be closing in on 30 years old.

Blues need to rebuild. Their window starts like 5 years from now.. That entire defense needs to be rebuilt. The only guy worth a damn who you maybe keep is Payrako. Even the offense is shallow. They just brought in that bum Hayes after losing O’Rielly, next Schenn is going to fall off of a cliff. It’s time to rebuild.

Ask for best player, offer mid range things that other teams fan base says are redundant in system, outline how their going to be good in the future, outline how said guy is close to 30! Hear the other side, say you're out of your mind. then proceed to proclaim doomsday about the other teams state of affairs.

It's the cycle of how things go. The realistic outcome is that the Blues will not trade Buchnevich unless he makes it known he will not re-sign. In that instance you're closer than I am on what the ask should be. But that's not the case that's fantasy land forward speculation. There's absolutely 0 scenario next season if a re-sign is still on the table in which we're better off with Calgary's 1st the following draft, Jordan Harris and Barron who i'm assuming will be on waivers at the beginning of next season. Buchnevich is a two-way PPG player who's only real blemish is injuries that don't really seem to be injuries that are chronic.

The reality that is often overlooked is that the exact formula to be a competitive team isn't always to be the Buffalo Sabres and accumulate a boatload of assets for 10 years while being awful. Am i overly optimistic that the Blues will fully bounce back? No but there are pieces on the backend that add something to a team and minus the absolute knee-jerk reaction to last season by most people, that defense is largely the same defense as it was in the 2021 season which was a 109 point team.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
That’s not how the blues work so I doubt they will do that. Also Loof will be very good mark my words, people constantly underrate him, but you may be right on all of those.

But that doesn’t change the fact that this is an awful offer for Buch

How is this an awful offer for Buch? They aren’t getting an A level prospect for him. He’s not an elite player. You get a young defenseman who just put up great results on the 2nd and 3rd pairing of a bad team, a former 1st round offensive defenseman who is only 21 and on the verge of earning a full time nhl role, and a 1st. What do you think you’re going to get?
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:43 a.m.
Edited Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: AC14
Ask for best player, offer mid range things that other teams fan base says are redundant in system, outline how their going to be good in the future, outline how said guy is close to 30! Hear the other side, say you're out of your mind. then proceed to proclaim doomsday about the other teams state of affairs.

It's the cycle of how things go. The realistic outcome is that the Blues will not trade Buchnevich unless he makes it known he will not re-sign. In that instance you're closer than I am on what the ask should be. But that's not the case that's fantasy land forward speculation. There's absolutely 0 scenario next season if a re-sign is still on the table in which we're better off with Calgary's 1st the following draft, Jordan Harris and Barron who i'm assuming will be on waivers at the beginning of next season. Buchnevich is a two-way PPG player who's only real blemish is injuries that don't really seem to be injuries that are chronic.

The reality that is often overlooked is that the exact formula to be a competitive team isn't always to be the Buffalo Sabres and accumulate a boatload of assets for 10 years while being awful. Am i overly optimistic that the Blues will fully bounce back? No but there are pieces on the backend that add something to a team and minus the absolute knee-jerk reaction to last season by most people, that defense is largely the same defense as it was in the 2021 season which was a 109 point team.

Bro you said Guhle, a 1st plus more! For Buchnevic.. there is no debating with you because you don’t know other teams prospects/players enough to keep up. Guhle alone is worth more than a 29 year old Buchnevich. He’s worth close to as much as a 21 year old Buchnevich.

I challenge you to watch one Habs game. Just one, and watch what Guhle does and then come back to this an apologize lol
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:56 a.m.
Xercuses
How is this an awful offer for Buch? They aren’t getting an A level prospect for him. He’s not an elite player. You get a young defenseman who just put up great results on the 2nd and 3rd pairing of a bad team, a former 1st round offensive defenseman who is only 21 and on the verge of earning a full time nhl role, and a 1st. What do you think you’re going to get?

There’s not a good prospect, and there’s a cap dump

Bro you said Guhle, a 1st plus more! For Buchnevic.. there is no debating with you because you don’t know other teams prospects/players enough to keep up. Guhle alone is worth more than a 29 year old Buchnevich. He’s worth close to as much as a 21 year old Buchnevich.

I challenge you to watch one Habs game. Just one, and watch what Guhle does and then come back to this an apologize lol

That’s also not how you spell buchs name
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:59 a.m.
There’s not a good prospect, and there’s a cap dump

That’s also not how you spell buchs name

Oh there are no good prospects.. ah okay. Explain in detail why Harris and Barron aren’t good.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Xercuses
Oh there are no good prospects.. ah okay. Explain in detail why Harris and Barron aren’t good.

They are a little old for there ability right now
Buch returns either better players or younger of the same ability rn

It’s very very simple my guy
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:07 a.m.
Edited Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:13 a.m.

Barron is only 21, has been an all star in the ahl and is going to make the team out of camp this year and Harris played 4 seasons in the NCAA and just played his rookie season and had excellent underlying numbers. Plus a 1st on top of that. These aren’t long shot prospects like the ones you’ve listed. Harris already proved he is capable of playing in the nhl and he was exceptional in the role he played, couldn’t have been much better, Barron has high skill, offensive dman, ahl all star, only 21 and is making the nhl this season. His value will only go up from here, very likely getting two 2nd pairing defenseman and a 1st for a top line (but not elite) winger who will be 29. That’s a steal.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:13 a.m.
The real Bergevin

Bro do you even watch hockey. Blues will be lucky to even get anything more than a first for a guy who will leave them in the following season. Harris and Barron are B level prospects and would never be added in a trade for a player who is nearing 30. And for Guhle you need to a add a first and maybe a B level prospect.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
The real Bergevin
Holy overpayment for someone on an expiring contract. They likely get a late first and a a mid level prospect
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: Md02
Bro do you even watch hockey. Blues will be lucky to even get anything more than a first for a guy who will leave them in the following season. Harris and Barron are B level prospects and would never be added in a trade for a player who is nearing 30. And for Guhle you need to a add a first and maybe a B level prospect.

My brother in christ you clearly have never watched the nhl in your life, that or you have no concept of how the nhl works
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:15 a.m.
Xercuses
Barron is only 21, has been an all star in the ahl and is going to make the team out of camp this year and Harris played 4 seasons in the NCAA and just played his rookie season and had excellent underlying numbers. Plus a 1st on top of that. These aren’t long shot prospects like the ones you’ve listed. Harris already proved he is capable of playing in the nhl and he was exceptional in the role he played, couldn’t have been much better, Barron has high skill, offensive dman, ahl all star, only 21 and is making the nhl this season. His value will only go up from here, very likely getting two 2nd pairing defenseman and a 1st for a top line (but not elite) winger who will be 29. That’s a steal.

That’s ridiculous
Your saying they can’t get a haul for an top 10 winger
Moronic
Oct. 4, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
The real Bergevin
That’s ridiculous
Your saying they can’t get a haul for an top 10 winger
Moronic

You thinking Buch is a top 10 winger makes it clear that don’t watch the nhl

To create a post please Login or Register
Question: