Forums/NHL

Metro Division Prediction

Who misses?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 6, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.
Banned
Edited Oct. 6, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
Predictions here are all made on the idea that all things being equal with relatively healthy lineups. Obviously major injuries can change everything.

To me there are two teams that throw a wrench into my prediction:

1) NYI - They are to me, the hardest team in the NHL to predict. You really don't know what you're going to get with them. We know they'll get good defense and league-best goaltending, but how will the offense pan out? They could either miss or finish in the top two of the Metro and I wouldn't be surprised by either result.

2) CBJ - Very intriguing team to me. They're most likely going to miss the playoffs again, probably for the last time for a while, but their defense could wind up being very good which would help Elvis, so if they snuck in, I wouldn't be surprised.

Metro:
CAR
NYR
NJD
PIT
WSH
NYI
CBJ
PHI

I think the gap between the Pens, Caps and Isles will be VERY close. It will come down to the last two or three games of the season.
Oct. 7, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
JimmyPaek
I expect the Isles to be a strong contender all year for a playoff spot. I expect Washington to be about where they were last season even though I think their long term game with hiring a new coach will get them back to the postseason in a couple seasons time. We are going to be right on the line yet again. Can this group stay healthy? I’m not convinced in the least they can but if they prove me wrong I’d expect we finish at worst 4th and maybe even 3rd if we get very lucky with few injuries. Carolina and NJ are the front runners by far.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit